We Cut Nemec!

I'd count Mena as a hit.

It's a bit early so I have been holding out on deciding but I agree he looks like a nice player for the future. He should only get better as he gets comfortable with the system and his teammates. His 1 on 1 defensive skills and athleticism have been very impressive so far. So that brings us to 2/6 or even 2/5 if you assume Alverez was just a Villa tag along. One more hit and we are at 50%, that's not too bad for something as inexact as talent assessment, especially when you consider one of the hits (Poku) appears to be a grand slam.

Or maybe another Poku. Let's not be too critical of our scouting.

The same scouting that landed us Calle, Mena, Mendoza, Nemec, Alvarez and Dunn?

The same scouting that passed up Marky Delgado in the Chivas Draft? The same scouting that went with Grabavoy with Pick 1 in the expansion draft and picked Sal Zizzo to trade him for loan rights to Ryan Meara?

Those scouts? Those scouts are shit. The one success so far has been Poku. Maybe McNamara. That's it.

Nah, Nemec was done with this team a while back. I still maintain that he was mostly speaking about Pirlo. If you remember Kreis didn't want Pirlo. He wanted Movsisiyan in the midfield.
Hold on, Movsisiyan? Yura Movsisiyan? Former RSL striker and current starter for Spartak Moscow? In midfield?

Reactions: Kjbert
Hold on, Movsisiyan? Yura Movsisiyan? Former RSL striker and current starter for Spartak Moscow? In midfield?
I can't speak to the midfield part but he was in the U.S. for a medical this summer, allegedly with RSL though.

Or maybe another Poku. Let's not be too critical of our scouting.
Our scouting is a major problem , who is watching the video of Mena , Calle, Velazquez , Alvarez, menec and recommending that we sign these players. These guys are all horrible they should also fire the scouts that suggested these players.

With this move I'd like to see us learn from our mistakes and follow in LA Galaxy's footsteps. That $300k can go a long way in getting us a great player. Sebastian Lleget may be one of the better signings that LA has made this year. He's 22 and his salary is only $100k. We need a good young talent to fit in with our older DPs

Here's the thing about Galaxy's signing of Lletget. It didn't really happen -- or didn't seem to; I'd have to check the dates -- until Stefan Ishiziki (sp?) decided he wanted to go back to Scandinavia. Ishiziki was an important cog in the Galaxy machine and Lletget stepped right in and contributed without any noticeable dropoff. Quite the opposite, actually.

That was an incredible feat of scouting, in my view.

FACT CHECK:
In fact, there was some overlap between these two players.
Lletget signed with Galaxy 8 May 2015.
Ishizaki was released from his contract 4 July 2015.
I didn't check game logs other than to note that Lletget first played 17 May as a sub.

And Now...The Rest Of The Story
From 9 May to 4 July, 11 matches involving LA Galaxy occurred in MLS.
Stefan Ishizaki appeared in 10 of them, playing 90 minutes eight times.
In those same 11 matches, Sebastian Lletget appeared as a substitute three times.
He started four matches, playing 90 minutes once. He did not play in four.

Of those 11, Ishizaki and Lletget played midfield together three times.
After Ishizaki bid goodbye to Los Angeles, Sebastian started every match hence.
He played no fewer than 89 minutes five times becoming Galaxy's second leading scorer.
And in the league match following Ishizaki's departure, who would replace him?
He would want us to mention his name.

And, THAT'S The Rest Of The Story.
Paul Harvey. ... Good Day!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vito and Kjbert
I don't know if this was mentioned, but apparently Kreis did an interview (I know right! He actually did an interview) on YES Network over the weekend where he specifically called out his older guys.

Reactions: Paul
I don't know if this was mentioned, but apparently Kreis did an interview (I know right! He actually did an interview) on YES Network over the weekend where he specifically called out his older guys.

It was during his post game interview with Joe and Ian.

He was in the 18 for Slovakia's smashed game against Spain, which oddly enough had a lot of comments from the broadcasters that Costa ain't no David Villa.

He was in the 18 for Slovakia's smashed game against Spain, which oddly enough had a lot of comments from the broadcasters that Costa ain't no David Villa.

David Villa: Spain's all time leading goal scorer.
Diego Costa: great player for Chelsea; doesn't seem to know what sport he's playing for Spain.