Wheelchair Access To The Stadium

Bertie

Registered
Jan 1, 2015
Hi there and a quick question if you could be so kind. I'm a Manchester City fan who's wheelchair bound based in England. I'm hoping to be coming to New York later this year and wondered whether there's anywhere in the stadium for disabled people in wheelchairs and how you get those tickets?

No dates yet as I've not booked a flight but some advice on this would be much appreciated.

There's seats for wheelchair bound people at YS. I'm not sure exactly how the pricing is, but I'm sure if you contacted the club before making your purchase they could give you all the info you need.

Reactions: Bertie
There's seats for wheelchair bound people at YS. I'm not sure exactly how the pricing is, but I'm sure if you contacted the club before making your purchase they could give you all the info you need.

That's good to hear, thanks for replying.

Bertie, here's a Yankee Stadium seating chart with sections for disabled seating marked. Keep in mind the team doesn't plan on opening sections in the 300 or 400 levels unless a huge crowd is expected and not all of the lower level sections will be opened........and there are plenty of elevators (lifts?), so that won't be a problem at all.

full_seating_550x531.jpg

Bertie, here's a Yankee Stadium seating chart with sections for disabled seating marked. Keep in mind the team doesn't plan on opening sections in the 300 or 400 levels unless a huge crowd is expected and not all of the lower level sections will be opened........and there's plenty of elevators (lifts?), so that won't be a problem at all.

full_seating_550x531.jpg

Thanks so much for that.

Reactions: Buckley and Gene
Hi there and a quick question if you could be so kind. I'm a Manchester City fan who's wheelchair bound based in England. I'm hoping to be coming to New York later this year and wondered whether there's anywhere in the stadium for disabled people in wheelchairs and how you get those tickets?

No dates yet as I've not booked a flight but some advice on this would be much appreciated.
Bertie --

By law, all US Stadiums must make wheelchair seating available in all price levels with "comparable" views. In fact, the law requires a much higher percentage of wheelchair seating be made available than would ever reasonably be filled. So I can promise that when you make it over to see a game you will have no trouble getting a seat in whichever price level you so desire.

Also, Yankee Stadium was designed and build long after these laws went into effect, so it is remarkably wheelchair friendly, with staff well-trained to help.

Make sure to let us all know when you're coming!

Bertie --

By law, all US Stadiums must make wheelchair seating available in all price levels with "comparable" views. In fact, the law requires a much higher percentage of wheelchair seating be made available than would ever reasonably be filled. So I can promise that when you make it over to see a game you will have no trouble getting a seat in whichever price level you so desire.

Also, Yankee Stadium was designed and build long after these laws went into effect, so it is remarkably wheelchair friendly, with staff well-trained to help.

Make sure to let us all know when you're coming!

Sounds great and again, thanks so much.

hi all, just to let you know "bertie" is a Manchester united fan pretending to be a city fan, they are obsessed with us and take pleasure in pretending to be city fans,

Sigh. I sign up and get nonsense like this which is such a shame. So much for chatting about football or ask about disabled people attending games, what a welcoming forum this has been from some. :mad: