Where Do We Stand In Mls?

I have no interest in De Rossi.

Give me something with a more offensive mindset.

I'd rank our projected starting lineup something like this:

1. ST - David Villa
2. CAM - Mix
3. RM - Calle
4. CB - Mendoza
5. LM - Grabavoy
6. LB - Wingert
7. ST - Mullins
8. CDM - Jacobson
9. CB - Hernandez
10. RB - Williams

That's obviously very debatable and volatile, with Calle, Mendoza, and Mullins all of rather unknown quality. I'm clearly bullish on them.

That said, I think most people's ranking would have either 3 or all 4 of our back line in the bottom 5 of this list, plus CDM.

I think our offense will be about average out of the gate, and get better as the season goes on, especially with the midseason addition of Lampard (likely bumping Grabavoy to CDM or the bench). However, at this point on paper, our defense will likely be below average. If Mendoza flops, it's an even bigger issue. I think we score enough goals to put us in playoff contention, but I think there's a chance our defense torpedos our inaugural season if it doesn't come together or we don't add another CB or CDM.

I'd rank our projected starting lineup something like this:

1. ST - David Villa
2. CAM - Mix
3. RM - Calle
4. CB - Mendoza
5. LM - Grabavoy
6. LB - Wingert
7. ST - Mullins
8. CDM - Jacobson
9. CB - Hernandez
10. RB - Williams

That's obviously very debatable and volatile, with Calle, Mendoza, and Mullins all of rather unknown quality. I'm clearly bullish on them.

That said, I think most people's ranking would have either 3 or all 4 of our back line in the bottom 5 of this list, plus CDM.

I think our offense will be about average out of the gate, and get better as the season goes on, especially with the midseason addition of Lampard (likely bumping Grabavoy to CDM or the bench). However, at this point on paper, our defense will likely be below average. If Mendoza flops, it's an even bigger issue. I think we score enough goals to put us in playoff contention, but I think there's a chance our defense torpedos our inaugural season if it doesn't come together or we don't add another CB or CDM.
Don't forget John will be arriving a month or so into the season, that will be a huge boost to the defense.

Reactions: Kjbert
Don't forget John will be arriving a month or so into the season, that will be a huge boost to the defense.
Yea John could be a huge boost. He's an unknown due to health concerns with him, but when he was healthy he was just as good as Omar Gonzalez for the Galaxy.

The east is a mess right now. So I expect at the very least a run for the last playoff spot. Especially now that almost everyone qualifies anyway.

I think we are still missing a Kyle Beckerman type player(De Rossi would be perfect.) And the back line is pretty questionable. Is George John still the same player? Will Mendoza need time to adjust to the league? Are the back ups good enough?

I wanted to put Kwame in but he didn't show up on this site for some reason. He's definitely in the game; I have him.

I'm not sure who will start. I just put Josh there because he has the higher in-game stat.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Only problem is John hasn't played in over a year and is still injured. Put Mendoza, Wingert or possibly Watson-Siriboe in there for now.

Meara isn't the starter?
The only problem? I see a few more. No way Ballouchy or Saunders starters. Saunders is not some guy who is an unknown that we discovered. He's a washout who we hope is a serviceable backup.

I wanted to put Kwame in but he didn't show up on this site for some reason. He's definitely in the game; I have him.

I'm not sure who will start. I just put Josh there because he has the higher in-game stat.
You on ps4? DoreREB is my tag. Add me if you are.

The only problem? I see a few more. No way Ballouchy or Saunders starters. Saunders is not some guy who is an unknown that we discovered. He's a washout who we hope is a serviceable backup.

If he's a washout then what do you call Meara? He has no standout resume really and couldn't get Luis Robles out of the net. I also put Ballouchy there for the stats show. That's likely Calle, right?

I play on XB1.

If he's a washout then what do you call Meara? He has no standout resume really and couldn't get Luis Robles out of the net. I also put Ballouchy there for the stats show. That's likely Calle, right?

I play on XB1.
Robles is really good. Meara is young and lost his gig due to injury. I'd take Robles in net any day for us, though. Saunders isn't MLS starter material. If he were, we wouldn't have been able to sign him for (Practically) nothing and then send him to some 2nd div team to get a match.

If he's a washout then what do you call Meara? He has no standout resume really and couldn't get Luis Robles out of the net.

Robles is really good. Meara is young and lost his gig due to injury.

Robles has proved to be a wall. It would be like comparing Lundquist to Cam Talbot. Both are amazing goalies...one just happens to be one of the best in the league.

Robles has proved to be a wall. It would be like comparing Lundquist to Cam Talbot. Both are amazing goalies...one just happens to be one of the best in the league.
But Saunders ain't really even competent, is he?

But Saunders ain't really even competent, is he?

He was competent in the NASL on loan. Yeah he's probably past daily starter, but I think you're being a bit harsh on a guy who was a lot more than competent with LA for years. I think he's here as a backup, but not a washout who were nursing along. If we keep Meara or bring on another young keeper, having an MLS cup winning keeper to guide them along will be invaluable.