Where Do You Plan On Sitting?

I would seriously consider the Delta Club if that section wasn't so far back from the field. Considering that they don't plan to sell tickets for the 100 level seats directly below the Delta Club seats, they must be pretty terrible. Otherwise, the perks appeal to me (AC concession area, outside tables that can see the field, free non-alcoholic drinks, free peanuts and popcorn, cleaner bathrooms, etc.)

I'm leaning toward Sections 125, or 228 (if I decide its stupid to spend that much). I feel like I'm the only one around here that wants to sit midfield, which I guess is fine. I'll be going with my 5 year old son, so I'd like to avoid the supporters section, since they probably wouldn't want us around anyway.

I would seriously consider the Delta Club if that section wasn't so far back from the field. Considering that they don't plan to sell tickets for the 100 level seats directly below the Delta Club seats, they must be pretty terrible. Otherwise, the perks appeal to me (AC concession area, outside tables that can see the field, free non-alcoholic drinks, free peanuts and popcorn, cleaner bathrooms, etc.)

I'm leaning toward Sections 125, or 228 (if I decide its stupid to spend that much). I feel like I'm the only one around here that wants to sit midfield, which I guess is fine. I'll be going with my 5 year old son, so I'd like to avoid the supporters section, since they probably wouldn't want us around anyway.

You might be interested in The Family sections in 109/110 209/210, as it's a more family oriented location, close to team stores, bathrooms and concessions.

I also gave serious consideration to Delta Sky 360 (222) but it seems to be very far back

You might be interested in The Family sections in 109/110 209/210, as it's a more family oriented location, close to team stores, bathrooms and concessions.

I also gave serious consideration to Delta Sky 360 (222) but it seems to be very far back

I would do the family section, but I'd rather be closer to midfield. They kind of picked the worst sections for the family section. I'd like to find something between the excitement of the supporter section and the dullness of the family section. My son and I went to the MCFC/LFC game and he got so excited whenever they scored a goal and everyone in our section was going nuts. That said, I'd like to avoid foul language and casual racism -- we accidentally bought SS tickets to a red bulls game on stub hub last year, and they were a bit too rowdy for my kids (honestly, I kind of felt bad because they would swear, and then realize their were kids nearby and apologize to us, but I felt like it was our fault for sitting there and we were taking away from their fun).

I would do the family section, but I'd rather be closer to midfield. They kind of picked the worst sections for the family section. I'd like to find something between the excitement of the supporter section and the dullness of the family section. My son and I went to the MCFC/LFC game and he got so excited whenever they scored a goal and everyone in our section was going nuts. That said, I'd like to avoid foul language and casual racism -- we accidentally bought SS tickets to a red bulls game on stub hub last year, and they were a bit too rowdy for my kids (honestly, I kind of felt bad because they would swear, and then realize their were kids nearby and apologize to us, but I felt like it was our fault for sitting there and we were taking away from their fun).

You may find the social club the perfect middle ground you are looking for, currently voting on the section. It has been narrowed down to 205 & 215.

http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/final-section-vote.1242/

I'm in the same boat. Going to games with my son, so I want a chill environment. The family section isn't too bad. I'm looking at 110 or 014B. My son will definitely want to be as close to the field as possible.

The thing with the family section is that there really isn't anything special for families. Sure you get close to bathroom and exits, but section 111 is in the same area but not considered the Family section. Would have been cool if they offered other perks, like some special giveaways for kids or a basic food service so we don't have to get up from our seats with kids to get food.

Reactions: Scott McCarthy
I'm in the same boat. Going to games with my son, so I want a chill environment. The family section isn't too bad. I'm looking at 110 or 014B. My son will definitely want to be as close to the field as possible.

The thing with the family section is that there really isn't anything special for families. Sure you get close to bathroom and exits, but section 111 is in the same area but not considered the Family section. Would have been cool if they offered other perks, like some special giveaways for kids or a basic food service so we don't have to get up from our seats with kids to get food.

IMO, no other seating option comes close to the value of section 014a/b in terms of closeness to the field. Just have to see if they actually make the first couple of rows available to sit in, as some sections may start a few rows back.

For me I'll be sitting in section 228 in the front with friends due to the price and the great wide view of the field. :p

For me I'll be sitting in section 228 in the front with friends due to the price and the great wide view of the field. :p

I may be joining you in that section. If I can't get a front row in sections 125, 126, or 127, then I'll probably go up to 228. I figure the front row of 125-127 will have a high resale value for the games I can't attend, which will justify the higher cost. That said, the view from the front rows of 228 looks pretty great. Also, it's on the shaded side of the field, which make it more appealing that 205.

I may be joining you in that section. If I can't get a front row in sections 125, 126, or 127, then I'll probably go up to 228. I figure the front row of 125-127 will have a high resale value for the games I can't attend, which will justify the higher cost. That said, the view from the front rows of 228 looks pretty great. Also, it's on the shaded side of the field, which make it more appealing that 205.

228 is in the sun unless you are in the last few rows. Pretty much the whole third base side will have sun for large portions of the game, depending on the time of year. The last few rows in these sections are your best bet if you want shade.

228 is in the sun unless you are in the last few rows. Pretty much the whole third base side will have sun for large portions of the game, depending on the time of year. The last few rows in these sections are your best bet if you want shade.

The third base line is on the west side of the stadium, so for a 7 PM game in July, the sun will be behind you and will put that section in the shade first. For a game at high noon, just about every seat is in the sun. But most MLS games are in the evening.

I used Google Earth to simulate shade in the stadium at 7PM in August. The right field sections will be in the sun.
x3Viz9T.png

Last edited:
The third base line is on the west side of the stadium, so for a 7 PM game in July, the sun will be behind you and will put that section in the shade first. For a game at high noon, just about every seat is in the sun. But most MLS games are in the evening.

I used Google Earth to simulate shade in the stadium at 7PM in August. The right field sections will be in the sun.
x3Viz9T.png
Sorry, I'm referring to day games where the sun is at peak strength. That's when I worry most about the sun. But I get your point seeing as how there may only be a handful of day matches.
With all due respect to Google Earth, do an image search for Yankee Stadium day game and get your perspective from there. I have season tickets for years and I am not familiar with the sun simulation that you have shown.

Sorry, I'm referring to day games where the sun is at peak strength. That's when I worry most about the sun. But I get your point seeing as how there may only be a handful of day matches.
With all due respect to Google Earth, do an image search for Yankee Stadium day game and get your perspective from there. I have season tickets for years and I am not familiar with the sun simulation that you have shown.

Looking at the Red Bulls schedule, they only have three day games at RBA, and the first two are in March and the last is in October. All other games are a night.

If you have the Google Earth program on your computer, you click the icon on the top that looks like the a sun with a cloud in front of it and then you can move the sun to a specific time and day. Then its just a matter of zooming and panning to get to right perspective. I've spent a couple hours doing Google searches and can't find a good set of pictures that show Yankee Stadium at different times of day. Let me know if you have a link to something.

Looking at the Red Bulls schedule, they only have three day games at RBA, and the first two are in March and the last is in October. All other games are a night.

If you have the Google Earth program on your computer, you click the icon on the top that looks like the a sun with a cloud in front of it and then you can move the sun to a specific time and day. Then its just a matter of zooming and panning to get to right perspective. I've spent a couple hours doing Google searches and can't find a good set of pictures that show Yankee Stadium at different times of day. Let me know if you have a link to something.

LOL, I did the same thing looking at RB schedule. That's why I figured if it's only a handful of day games it may not be an issue. You are correct about evening games and the shade. For me, even 3 or 4 games in the summer sun is enough to dissuade me from sitting 3rd base side, which sucks for now because those are as close to midfield as we can get.
Check out aviewfrommyseat dotcom. There are fan photos from all over the stadium with the clock in the picture in many cases, although you cant tell what time of year it is.
In any case, happy seat hunting! :)

Reactions: Scott McCarthy
Btw, I called today to ask about the Batters Eye seats in center field above Mohegan. You can click on them in the virtual seat map.Seems as the Yankees have not decided how those seats will be sold. But if those become available as seasons I assume they will be pricey, in which case I will be taking out a loan :D

But the Batters Eye seats are definitely going to be available, even if only on a single match basis?

Why would they make Legends and Champions club available for season tickets (with premium prices for problematic sightlines) but not Batters Eye? I'd be happy to pay premium prices if the sightlines/view lived up to the price

But the Batters Eye seats are definitely going to be available, even if only on a single match basis?

Why would they make Legends and Champions club available for season tickets (with premium prices for problematic sightlines) but not Batters Eye? I'd be happy to pay premium prices if the sightlines/view lived up to the price

Yankees sell Batters Eye as group/special event tickets for many games which makes them unavailable as seasons. The section gets roped off for those games.
Maybe City plans on doing the same. I hope not because the view is pretty good for soccer.

Reactions: Tiger Jones
Yankees sell Batters Eye as group/special event tickets for many games which makes them unavailable as seasons. The section gets roped off for those games.
Maybe City plans on doing the same. I hope not because the view is pretty good for soccer.

The first section I desired were those seats and I was curious as to why those weren't available on the pricing map. Hopefully that changes as I would love to sit there for games. Probably the best view in the house.

Reactions: Slick Rick