Why This Is A Good Kit

MikeDatTiger

Registered
Mar 21, 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
Agree to disagree. Valid point about the color scheme being distinctive in the NY market.

For me, the colors are not the problem. The problem is that the jersey design is EXACTY like MCFC.

To create a NYC identity, why not add a simple unique design feature? To have no shame and blatantly take MCFC's classic jersey is a insult to nyc fans. Its prioritizing a BRAND over fans wishes.

In the end, a jersey is not going to affect my love for the club or my excitement. However, continued disregard for the fans would be a cause for worry. In that vein, the corporate press event and the use of the fans, esp the TR, as a marketing tool rubbed me the wrong way.

Good article with a respectful tone towards those who disagree. But it didn't change my mind in the least. I won't get into the specifics or mount a point by point breakdown (except to say, I don't disagree with EVERY one of your points). Jumping in would just reignite the debate. But job well done for trying to push the ball forward in, again, a respectful way that I think was sometimes more notable by its absence the last 2 days. I could imagine this convincing someone, even if I'm left unpersuaded.
Cheers.

Yes very distinct in this market:
37210.jpg

I don't think people have a problem with the sky blue color but more so that it was specifically similar to MCFC's shirt.

Reactions: MyBoyVilla
Agree to disagree. Valid point about the color scheme being distinctive in the NY market.

For me, the colors are not the problem. The problem is that the jersey design is EXACTY like MCFC.

To create a NYC identity, why not add a simple unique design feature? To have no shame and blatantly take MCFC's classic jersey is a insult to nyc fans. Its prioritizing a BRAND over fans wishes.

In the end, a jersey is not going to affect my love for the club or my excitement. However, continued disregard for the fans would be a cause for worry. In that vein, the corporate press event and the use of the fans, esp the TR, as a marketing tool rubbed me the wrong way.
They signed David fu**ing Villa. Was that disregard for the fans? Would you rather a team of nobodies playing in custom NYC orange trimmed kits? What happens when the stadium sells Coke & not Pepsi. Boars Head franks instead of Ball Park. Will there be such outrage at the lack of fan input?

They signed David fu**ing Villa. Was that disregard for the fans? Would you rather a team of nobodies playing in custom NYC orange trimmed kits? What happens when the stadium sells Coke & not Pepsi. Boars Head franks instead of Ball Park. Will there be such outrage at the lack of fan input?

Honestly I prefer both Coke and Boars Head, so bring it on!

I dont think boars head makes hot dogs. Id prefer nathans and pepsi

I dont think boars head makes hot dogs. Id prefer nathans and pepsi

Well here we fucking go again! Grandoslo you were so right! NYCFC supporters can't agree on anything! Boar's Head, Nathan's, Ball Park, Coke, Pepsi--so many things that the fans want! It's better to just let the club unilaterally decide on Oscar Meyer and RC Cola.

LOL Ball Park is shit though. Boars Head ftw!

Reactions: grandsolo
Good article with a respectful tone towards those who disagree. But it didn't change my mind in the least. I won't get into the specifics or mount a point by point breakdown (except to say, I don't disagree with EVERY one of your points). Jumping in would just reignite the debate. But job well done for trying to push the ball forward in, again, a respectful way that I think was sometimes more notable by its absence the last 2 days. I could imagine this convincing someone, even if I'm left unpersuaded.
Cheers.

I totally understand where people are coming from who don't like the kit. My goal, instead of convincing people to plunk down 100+, was to make people feel a little better about the decision making behind the look of the kit. Hopefully I did that.

And I really appreciate the compliments about being respectful. I really try to not treat people who disagree with me poorly so that both sides can have a good conversation even if they don't change their minds. It seems like my piece did that, which makes me very happy.

Guys

Some of you need to calm down a bit...This is not the first team (in the opinion of the clubs supporters) to have a bad kit, did Cardiff City fans want red the other year ? (possibly not the best analogy but ...)

How many of you have actually built a brand, especially a corporate sporting brand.

Step 1. was purchasing MCFC, the club that they decided to base the brand on
Step 2 was the formation of CFG and the other clubs including NYCFC
Step 3 is to get the fanbase, a wholesale change away from Sky Blue now will alienate the MCFC (the biggest sector in the group)
Step 4 is to get the other teams playing. This and other forums will heat up then and the majority of the focus will move away from trivia such as trim on kit.
Step 5 is to get the clubs operating as one.... CFG will have come of age.

You can rest assured that as NYCFC develop there identity some of that will be spread throughout the group. Kit maufacturers / timings will be aligned and the identity will be born.

If we cannot play in Sky Blue in Australia, I can see a day coming when all of our kits are similar to the Melbourne one, heavily influenced with Sky Blue but more white.... I can also see the day coming where that kit has some kind of Orange flashing as a nod to you guys...........

Basically I think although we will all have our own individual territorial identities, globally the aim is to get us to look and feel the same

The CFG brand is coming (and I don't think all Man City supporters have grasped this aspect yet). In ten years time the whole group will have morphed in the way it looks and feels....

Does McDonalds or Subway look different in China or the UK on the outside?, no its just the menus that differ.

Sorry guys it is your job to support your team.

Leave the commercial team to look after the whole. We are a group, accept it, move on and get behind the club. If you are not going to buy the shirt of your team because it looks a bit like the shirt of another "group" club, then you are supporting the wrong team. You have chosen a team that is part of a group, and group identity will be the long term target.

The club are slowly moving towards there goal, and I bet us MCFC fans have to swallow some changes soon... But MCFC will always be MCFC and I will support them and (by association)the group regardless of the shirt.

Reactions: grandsolo