Will NYCFC become independent from Man City?

NYCFC_Ajax

Registered
Nov 22, 2015
I just asked myself this question, will we ever become independent? Man City wanting to buy Saunders and them loaning a lot of players.. Some people like that but me personally don't. What is your opinion about the CFG?

Reactions: NYCFC_JD
I think CFG would have to project huge financial losses due to NYCFC to motivate giving up a presence in MLS.

And if NYCFC became a loss big enough that one of the wealthiest ownership groups in the world wanted to unload it, it seems unlikely that another buyer could be easily found. If CFG divested from NYCFC I imagine the team would simply be folded.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
If CFG divested from NYCFC I imagine the team would simply be folded.
I guess the NYCFC name would go away and another owner would have to buy the franchise rights from CFG (if they would sell it back to MLS)?

and then the new owner of the MLS franchise would build another team from scratch?

if they build a stadium in nyc proper, i don't care who owns it.

Reactions: The Toe
CFG won't ever sell the team. The middle-east ruling class (all of the oil/gas countries) know that they have a finite amount of natural resources/commodities which is why over the last 10-20 years they have been investing in everything and anything that pertains to the banking, service-industry & entertainment worlds. Once the oil & natural gas runs out, if they don't have viable revenue streams, there's going to be a problem maintaining control and order. NYCFC is a small part of the puzzle, but when looked at within the greater combined portfolio of said ruling class, they have the means to stay relevant.

I think CFG would have to project huge financial losses due to NYCFC to motivate giving up a presence in MLS.

And if NYCFC became a loss big enough that one of the wealthiest ownership groups in the world wanted to unload it, it seems unlikely that another buyer could be easily found. If CFG divested from NYCFC I imagine the team would simply be folded.

There is always someone with enough money to buy a team and lose millions a year just for the prestige of owning a major league franchise.

I just asked myself this question, will we ever become independent? Man City wanting to buy Saunders and them loaning a lot of players.. Some people like that but me personally don't. What is your opinion about the CFG?

Wha? When did this ever happen?

I saw a Man City shirt at the stadium on Saturday. Shocking!

It's been a terrible marketing move for Man City. NYC fans resent them and everyone else now hates them.

Reactions: NYCFC_JD
I think it's the opposite. Many are at least loosely pulling for Man City now.
Word. As a Leeds supporter, I've always had a soft spot for Citeh as a fellow Man U hater, but since NYCFC came to town they've become my Premier League team. I imagine a fair few people are in the same boat.

If Leeds draw Man City in the cups or make it back to the Premier League, it will be an interesting litmus test for my fandom!

Never really cared about soccer beyond US World Cup action. Bought tickets for NYCFC because why the hell not. After that I wanted to get my hands on as much soccer as possible and needed a Premier League team so I took the one closest by, MCFC.

We will never be independent.