World Cup 2026

so i read sofi stadium cant host the final or any games, unless they do some renovations.....because the field too small ( similar to vegas i guess). does rose bowl get the final? i feel like FIFA wants something more "modern" instead.

not many of the stadiums on the list are really modern and i think fifa would prioritize capacity over modern construction.

i'm surprised to see BMO field as a candidate. it's only 30K capacity. i thought minimum capacity for fifa world cup was 50k or somethin like that?

not many of the stadiums on the list are really modern and i think fifa would prioritize capacity over modern construction.

i'm surprised to see BMO field as a candidate. it's only 30K capacity. i thought minimum capacity for fifa world cup was 50k or somethin like that?

you never know with FIFA.

the minimum is 40K IIRC. but im sure they can put those "temporary seating" like they did for Brazil and Russia.

so i read sofi stadium cant host the final or any games, unless they do some renovations.....because the field too small ( similar to vegas i guess). does rose bowl get the final? i feel like FIFA wants something more "modern" instead.
Hasn’t it been reported that MetLife is most likely getting the final?

Hasn’t it been reported that MetLife is most likely getting the final?

i read it was in a proposal but not confirmed, I also read FIFA wanted LA and sofi stadium but the whole dimensions of the field is a big issue.

I think they’re happy to put a crap first-round game in a 30k stadium. There are going to be some really bad group stage games with 48 teams.

Reactions: moogoo
I think they’re happy to put a crap first-round game in a 30k stadium. There are going to be some really bad group stage games with 48 teams.
BMO Field is also expandable with scaffolding seats. They've done it before. But yes I agree going to be some brutal group stage games that won't have the same draw as other games.

Reactions: moogoo
With host cities about to be named anyone have a ballpark guess for when tickets will go on sale?

and we can all look forward to the incredibly complex fifa ticketing process where we all will inevitably get rejected after scanning our credit card pending charges for days.

when I bought for 2014 Brazil followed instructions and it went well. Did things go bad for 2018 and 2022?

Here’s to seeing all of you in NJ for the final

Reactions: mgarbowski
My friends and I are planning a 2 week World Cup vacation for 2026. We want to hit a bunch of cities and watch our countries (besides US) play. Croatia for me and Colombia/Germany/Italy for others. We already became USMNT Insiders. It’s $60 a year and you get a scarf and earn points/prestige every year which will put you in a better position to purchase tickets for 2026.
highly recommend it if you plan to attend any games. The $$ spent will more than make up for not having to buy tickets on stubhub.

They already gave me an opportunity for Qatar but I didn’t want to waste my time trying.

My friends and I are planning a 2 week World Cup vacation for 2026. We want to hit a bunch of cities and watch our countries (besides US) play. Croatia for me and Colombia/Germany/Italy for others. We already became USMNT Insiders. It’s $60 a year and you get a scarf and earn points/prestige every year which will put you in a better position to purchase tickets for 2026.
highly recommend it if you plan to attend any games. The $$ spent will more than make up for not having to buy tickets on stubhub.

They already gave me an opportunity for Qatar but I didn’t want to waste my time trying.
Not sure I did that right.

There was a free option that claims the same WC ticket access as the paid options. Didn't see a $60 option. Saw no mention of a scarf. Was I in the right place?

ETA: After clicking confirm email it took me to a page promoting the $45/yr option with "Priority pre-sale" which it does not list in the benefits chart prior to sign up.

Reactions: Schwallacus