World Cup 2026

I don't even want to think about what ticket prices will be for any of these World Cup games, much less the Final. Better start saving now. We're going to be extorted for tickets to that thing.
and yet we'll all be willing to pay it. I know I will, lol.
How often do you get to go see a world cup final in your back-freaking-yard?

I don't even want to think about what ticket prices will be for any of these World Cup games, much less the Final. Better start saving now. We're going to be extorted for tickets to that thing.
How does one even apply to be extorted for these tickets? Asking for a friend…

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Cos and Shwafta
and yet we'll all be willing to pay it. I know I will, lol.
How often do you get to go see a world cup final in your back-freaking-yard?

I mean yes -- I plan on attending at least one game at MetLife during the World Cup. Finding a way to grab tickets to the Final would be icing on the cake.

How does one even apply to be extorted for these tickets? Asking for a friend…

This page hasn't been working today, but there's a page here where you can give FIFA your email address:

Reactions: twsj91
Just check the finals of World Cup: Los Angeles, Mexico City, London, Paris, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Moscow, Johannesburg, Tokyo-Yokohama GLOBAL CITIES It was obvious the final would be in NYC not Dallas

Those stew generally lower than I expected.

Yeah, I agree. That's way more reasonable than I was expecting. -- though I'm sure they'll find a way to make as few $20 tickets available in the group stage. But a get-in-the-door price of $128 for the WC Final is very reasonable.

I think the get-in at 128 will be that - but the resale will be 4000+. I'm just expecting that.

I think the get-in at 128 will be that - but the resale will be 4000+. I'm just expecting that.

Of course -- I also found that bid book, which said only 7% of tickets will be in category 4. So those cheap tickets will be incredibly hard to get -- at Metlife, if they sell 70,000 tickets, it'll be fewer than 5,000 tickets at that price-point. I will mentally plan to pay the category 3 pricepoints, which still aren't atrocious.

• Wow
Reactions: Shwafta
Who did the guide for for like USMNT supporters membership and similar? mgarbowski mgarbowski?

Who did the guide for for like USMNT supporters membership and similar? mgarbowski mgarbowski?

I do not think we have any more current info. All the disclaimers still apply. And that summary only covers the allocation of tickets that will be for US Soccer supporters. USA general public and international tickets are something else altogether. I would guess USSF gets enough tickets that buying through them as a generous supporter will get you better odds than any other possibility, but we don't really know.

Last edited:
Reactions: joe
I find it odd that they chose to have 2 of the USA's 3 group matches in the same place (SOFI in LA). Has anyone seen an explanation for that?

I find it odd that they chose to have 2 of the USA's 3 group matches in the same place (SOFI in LA). Has anyone seen an explanation for that?

They're trying to limit travel for teams. It sounds like in the group stages, each group will either play all their games in the west, central, or eastern cities.

Reactions: mgarbowski
They're trying to limit travel for teams. It sounds like in the group stages, each group will either play all their games in the west, central, or eastern cities.
Thanks. That makes sense. Still a bit surprised they didn't go with one in San Francisco then to spread it around somewhat.

Also I just noticed there are no games in the US Mountain Time Zone, not even Denver. I know that area of the country is sparsely populated, but the venues jump from absolute west coast to Dallas, Houston and Kansas City. It's not all that surprising or wrong, just odd looking.

Just check the finals of World Cup: Los Angeles, Mexico City, London, Paris, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Moscow, Johannesburg, Tokyo-Yokohama GLOBAL CITIES It was obvious the final would be in NYC not Dallas
1707184503859.png

i don't think i've seen anything say it's NYC anyway. NJ/NY has been what they've been saying and that's fair. metro area is accurate.

Reactions: mgarbowski