Would you rather CCL/RBNJ Poll

Would you rather

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Never. More like riding along Frank Rodgers Boulevard in Harrison

With the trophy presentation in that big empty grass parking lot in front of RBA.

Jokes aside, if Red Bull wins MLS Cup would they even try to do a parade in NYC proper? Would the city want that?

With the trophy presentation in that big empty grass parking lot in front of RBA.

Jokes aside, if Red Bull wins MLS Cup would they even try to do a parade in NYC proper? Would the city want that?
Wouldn't that be rich if they couldn't. That would clearly show how much they really aren't NYC.

Reactions: Goodfella and adam
Would give anyone else a pass given the circumstances, but that guy?

He's a Red Sox fan and the mayor of New York at the same time, his morality and sanity were in question from the moment I found that out. Also I realized we would never get a stadium with him as mayor, because in deblasios heart of hearts all he wants to do is screw over the Yankees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inequity_aversion

Punishing unjust success and game theory[edit]
Fehr and Schmidt showed that disadvantageous inequity aversion manifests itself in humans as the "willingness to sacrifice potential gain to block another individual from receiving a superior reward".

Its really no different if NJ win or Col or LA. Once we are out the winner doesn't matter. I'll take the small reward every time, because NJ winning doesn't harm me one iota.

Super weird how the voting went, FootyLovin has to be loving the example of perverse human nature

I also don't think we would benefit all that much from playing the CCL games. If we had our academy in full swing and could get young players good playing time then that would be very beneficial. But who would we trot out there for a midweek game against a team from Guatemala?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Also, I do realize that we would get some allocation money from it, but stepping back a bit, it seems kind of silly that we would get allocation money from something we really didn't do.

I mean, say we get lose in MLS Cup final and LAG wins the cup. We get no allocation money.

But then we get knocked out against Toronto and then NJ wins the cup and we do get allocation money? Seems a little silly. But then, MLS...

I also don't think we would benefit all that much from playing the CCL games. If we had our academy in full swing and could get young players good playing time then that would be very beneficial. But who would we trot out there for a midweek game against a team from Guatemala?

Rosita Monster. She is fluent in Spanish and was promised a game as GK by Villa.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.png

Also, I do realize that we would get some allocation money from it, but stepping back a bit, it seems kind of silly that we would get allocation money from something we really didn't do.

I mean, say we get lose in MLS Cup final and LAG wins the cup. We get no allocation money.

But then we get knocked out against Toronto and then NJ wins the cup and we do get allocation money? Seems a little silly. But then, MLS...
We DID IT during the season.

We DID IT during the season.
But there is no difference between the two scenarios I posted about what we did during the season. I totally get it from a CCL standpoint, but not an allocation money standpoint.

But there is no difference between the two scenarios I posted about what we did during the season. I totally get it from a CCL standpoint, but not an allocation money standpoint.
What we did during the regular season puts us in position to play in the CCL based on multiple outcomes that need to swing our way. LAG didn't earn that "benefit" so they are forced to do it the Hard Way by rolling doubles and win the Cup, whereas we are essentially given a Bye provided a number of other variable fall into place - that's the hardest part of the equation: getting the right teams to remain in since they've already secured their spot. It's one of the few times that MLS really rewards regular season success.

What we did during the regular season puts us in position to play in the CCL based on multiple outcomes that need to swing our way. LAG didn't earn that "benefit" so they are forced to do it the Hard Way by rolling doubles and win the Cup, whereas we are essentially given a Bye provided a number of other variable fall into place - that's the hardest part of the equation: getting the right teams to remain in since they've already secured their spot. It's one of the few times that MLS really rewards regular season success.
Ok sure, but I think that benefit is we get to play for CCL, not that we receive extra allocation money.

If anything, Dallas should get allocation money for winning US Open Cup and the Supporters Shield. NJ should get allocation money for winning the East. And there should be allocation money given to whoever wins MLS Cup.

Ok sure, but I think that benefit is we get to play for CCL, not that we receive extra allocation money.

If anything, Dallas should get allocation money for winning US Open Cup and the Supporters Shield. NJ should get allocation money for winning the East. And there should be allocation money given to whoever wins MLS Cup.
There probably is double for Dallas for winning two titles, but the last thing MLS wants is for their entries to be short handed in the CCL so all will get extra money in order to compete and increase their chances. I have a feeling the allocation pot isn't finite but rather it can stretch because they would be giving out 5 shares rather than 4 (if we qualify by not winning the Cup) - it's the one time MLS wouldn't be stingy (nothing known about this, just spitballing).

Reactions: adam
I voted LAG/SEA, but more because I don't want to listen to people saying we didn't earn CCL since it took 8 tiebreakers to get us in.