2016 Jersey Thread

Just checking the forums after I spent the weekend repeatedly falling down a snowy mountain in between chugging peppermint schnapps...

View attachment 4028
Four pages later, I'm wondering why we're all certain this is the real deal. I mean I trust leilanikali420 leilanikali420 and all, but this post doesn't even say "I can't reveal my source, but this is definitely the real jersey" or something like that. There's a joke about poor skiing, and then a not-so-focused image of something ugly on a nice table.

Is that the case, Leila? Are you asserting this is the actual new jersey?

dudeeeeee. That is awful. Random O/T how do the authentic jersey's fit? Are they true or do they run smaller/bigger?

CauPG-bWAAAP9tn.jpg:large

dudeeeeee. That is awful. Random O/T how do the authentic jersey's fit? Are they true or do they run smaller/bigger?

I usually wear a large, but have to buy authentication in an XL. But my wife has started telling me I really should be buying everything in an XL and I can't accept the fact I don't fit right in Ls anymore. So, you'll probably get most sizes over your head, it's all personal body image after that.

Last edited:
Authentics fit one size smaller. Especially the Adizero cut. I wear a medium shirt and a large authentic jersey.

Four pages later, I'm wondering why we're all certain this is the real deal. I mean I trust leilanikali420 leilanikali420 and all, but this post doesn't even say "I can't reveal my source, but this is definitely the real jersey" or something like that. There's a joke about poor skiing, and then a not-so-focused image of something ugly on a nice table.

Is that the case, Leila? Are you asserting this is the actual new jersey?

Hmm...well it seemed to cause a massive uproar/shitstorm - so I'm not going to speculate any further.

There was definitely friendly fire on my part in mentioning the source, but it was posted with confidence and not in confidence.

Hmm...well it seemed to cause a massive uproar/shitstorm - so I'm not going to speculate any further.

There was definitely friendly fire on my part in mentioning the source, but it was posted with confidence and not in confidence.
Well EoS and others on Twitter have since claimed it is confirmed, although still no official announcement. We'll know soon enough.

Well EoS and others on Twitter have since claimed it is confirmed, although still no official announcement. We'll know soon enough.
Maybe the NYCFC brass has seen the sh!tstorm and aren't eager to confirm it.....

Jon: "Hey Claudio, last year there was a lot of speculation about George John being on the team, but correct me if I'm wrong, we signed him and then decided he was damaged goods so we never had a formal announcement he was part of the roster - just left it to speculation, and at the end of the year put out a BS presser saying he had an ad hoc relationship with us. So in the end we were never responsible for that brainfart of drafting him, right?

Claudio: "yeah, that about sums it up."

Jon: "OK, new mandate. The team will never announce this ring-a-ding shirt as our official away jersey. Hopefully it'll just blow over by June. By the way, how many of these did we order?"

Claudio: "60K."

Jon: "Oh, FFS....."

Last edited: