2016 Jersey Thread

ain't nothing slimming about those galactic rings! Me and my Guinness Gut are fucked!

You said it - I thought it (not about you of course). On 7th glance the kit is not that bad - when on fully fit athletes. Not sure if it the design will look good on those not pulling 2-a-days at the gym, otherwise it may wind up being rings on rolls.

d7a0afb90243f6746c6d2d6d120bada2.jpg

It's continues to grow on me. I just don't get the reason for the circles

Am I the only one that likes the Columbus jersey?
perhap.jpeg

Here is my non sequitor of the day:

I was in a "hot" restaurant in Barcelona last night and this local hipster told me my black Pirlo jersey is the first MLS jersey he has seen in Europe and that "it's cool".

He also said he is now interested in following MLS for the first time because of players like Pirlo, Villa and Gerard.

Sorry couldn't find a 2015 jersey thread to post this in.

Here is my non sequitor of the day:

I was in a "hot" restaurant in Barcelona last night and this local hipster told me my black Pirlo jersey is the first MLS jersey he has seen in Europe and that "it's cool".

He also said he is now interested in following MLS for the first time because of players like Pirlo, Villa and Gerard.

Sorry couldn't find a 2015 jersey thread to post this in.

That's the delicate balance MLS must run between the fanboys here and growing the franchise of MLS. There is a small percentage of America (like us) that is dedicated to soccer here in this country. We go to games more than casually, we watch MLS games and follow the USMNT.

The majority of America could care less about MLS. It takes a Gerrard, Pirlo and Kaka to raise the interest level both here and abroad. That's a good thing. It brings more eyeballs which brings more money. The hope is that more money brings better investment into the American youth sides, which will make impatient MLS fanboys happy.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
image.jpeg

This jersey pisses me off. This could of been our away jersey (think of it with light orange for the lettering, and maybe the Empire State Building for the jock tag), but no, adidas decided to make a third jersey for Seattle that I think would have been perfect for us! Dammit! This is leaps and bounds better than hypno circles. (At least our jersey doesn't look so bad from afar)

View attachment 4165

This jersey pisses me off. This could of been our away jersey (think of it with light orange for the lettering, and maybe the Empire State Building for the jock tag), but no, adidas decided to make a third jersey for Seattle that I think would have been perfect for us! Dammit! This is leaps and bounds better than hypno circles. (At least our jersey doesn't look so bad from afar)
Yeah, I would have been into this in orange.

SFphoto SFphoto, are you in charge of telling us when the authentic onions are for sale at Ross?

Everything about the design aside, this is what I don't get. The neckline reads, "This is your City." It may ready fully read, "This is your City. This is your Club."

Regardless, why the use of "your"? If fans are wearing it, if players are wearing it it's their club, their city. So, it should read "This is my City. This is my Club".

Who is telling us that NYCFC is our club? CFG? Adidas? RBNJ?

View attachment 4071
Here's your chance.

http://www.nycfc.com/necktape

Has anybody else found that the new jersey is both longer and wider than last year's ? Got the Medium Long Sleeve and laid last year's light blue on top of it, and the Onion Jersey is about 2" longer and definitely wider on each side.

Pretty annoying because now I have to figure out how to exchange it in town with the hassle of not having a store receipt. If anybody has a Size Small, tags on, and wants to go up to a Medium, let me know.... I'll make the exchange.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
Ulrich Ulrich out of interest in case I buy the new away kit, are you comparing last year/this year authentic or replica?

Reactions: Goodfella
Ulrich Ulrich out of interest in case I buy the new away kit, are you comparing last year/this year authentic or replica?
Both Authentic. Last year in the Primary Light Blue, I needed a Medium Authentic and it fit perfectly. This year, the Medium Onion Authentic is longer & wider and just too big. Unless mine is simply mislabeled, which I doubt, I'm going to need to switch to the Small.

Both Authentic. Last year in the Primary Light Blue, I needed a Medium Authentic and it fit perfectly. This year, the Medium Onion Authentic is longer & wider and just too big. Unless mine is simply mislabeled, which I doubt, I'm going to need to switch to the Small.
It is a little looser around the waistline and a bit longer too. I use a medium and this one fits me better than last years home authentic in medium. I'm 5'11 170.