2016 USOC Draw

Wow that is amazing...lays out exactly what happened (and how other parties basically screwed them into that time).

If the same happened to NYCFC, it would be spun as: "we had a contract with Yankee Stadium but then the Yankees decided to hold a practice" and then be re-spun as a marketing "Soccer Brunch with super Frank".

Let's not do anything based upon what the FT. Lauderdale Strikers are doing. They struggle to draw 1k and are otherwise terrible at everything they do.
Apples to oranges. Any team in Miami will struggle to draw fans, especially a new 2nd division club - it's just the social-structure of the city; the marlins, dolphins, and hurricanes all struggle with attendance and they've won championships in the past (the Dolphins not so recently). Whereas a front office that exhibits a level of transparency above the norm is not something to dismiss as wrong.

Reactions: mgarbowski
If we beat the Cosmos I believe the next game would be against the winner of the Red Bulls match

not necessarily:

Round of 16 Draw – June 16

The Fourth Round winners will be divided geographically (regardless of league affiliation) into groups of four, with teams who are precluded from playing each other until the Final (see list elsewhere) placed in different groups. A random draw will determine the pairings within each group, resulting in a fixed bracket for the remainder of the tournament. Should a precluded pair of teams reach the Semifinal Round and be scheduled to face each other, the matches will be re-drawn after the quarterfinals to avoid this outcome.

http://thecup.us/2016/02/05/format-...pen-cup-unveiled-with-record-number-of-teams/

Reactions: Kjbert
not necessarily:

The Fourth Round winners will be divided geographically (regardless of league affiliation) into groups of four, with teams who are precluded from playing each other until the Final (see list elsewhere) placed in different groups. A random draw will determine the pairings within each group, resulting in a fixed bracket for the remainder of the tournament. Should a precluded pair of teams reach the Semifinal Round and be scheduled to face each other, the matches will be re-drawn after the quarterfinals to avoid this outcome.

http://thecup.us/2016/02/05/format-...pen-cup-unveiled-with-record-number-of-teams/

So, there is a 1/3 chance.

not necessarily:

Not sure if this is the official site or not, but here's the bracket:

Thecup.us/2016-bracket/

It shows that there's a Hudson River Derby if we each take care of business in the next round.

Edit- read it wrong.... We'd get Philly

Not sure if this is the official site or not, but here's the bracket:

Thecup.us/2016-bracket/

It shows that there's a Hudson River Derby if we each take care of business in the next round.

Edit- read it wrong.... We'd get Philly

the Round of 16 bracket is only shown for the purpose of layout, it doesn't reflect opponents, there's groups and a draw based on 4th round outcomes

Or we can set our starting lineup because it's a players birthday and designate Mikey Lopez as our penalty taker.

Let's hope that PV actually takes it seriously unlike that debacle last year.
I have never hated a coach more than when he made that sub last year as a birthday present.

Your opponent is drawn. Until this point in time, they do it regionally to cut down on travel costs.

Reactions: Goodfella
Your opponent is drawn. Until this point in time, they do it regionally to cut down on travel costs.

Just how regionally are we talking? Are we perennially cursed to only ever play the Plagiarists at this stage (assuming they keep winning their qualifying rounds, which they do)?

Just how regionally are we talking? Are we perennially cursed to only ever play the Plagiarists at this stage (assuming they keep winning their qualifying rounds, which they do)?

We might one year get jersey express/rhinos.... I think we just "lucked out" 2 years in a row.

I believe the regional function of this ends after MLS teams are introduced. MLS teams will always play a local team (could be another MLS team) in this round.

I would have zero qualms about playing the Kosmos every year - there is something nice about an extra derby that can never happen outside of league play.

Caveat: I will retract this statement the moment one of our players gets hurt playing on their synthetic field.

I believe the regional function of this ends after MLS teams are introduced. MLS teams will always play a local team (could be another MLS team) in this round.

Oh, I know about that. But still, it seems a little stupid that there's pretty much only one local team we're allowed to play in this tournament, barring us facing a giant killer in a following round.

Oh, I know about that. But still, it seems a little stupid that there's pretty much only one local team we're allowed to play in this tournament, barring us facing a giant killer in a following round.

Understood - but there is so little money in this that you can't ask a team from South Boston to travel to Los Angeles. No one is paying for that just yet.

Reactions: Ulrich