2017 Roster Discussion

I still want to see Shelton tried as a RB
I'm not completely against that, but the issue I currently see with that is I think having Shelton at RB, you would want him bombing down the wing instead of playing more reserved. And it appears that PV wants one of his (at this moment due to personnel, appears to be our LB) to bomb forward while one is more reserved and picks their moments.

I don't see that flipping with Sweat at LB, or even while Mata was healthy.

Perhaps if we are chasing a goal late, Khiry in for whoever is at RB can make sense, but I think I prefer the shift to the 3-3-4 with Okoli coming in up top for the RB instead.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
I agree with your post entirely

Which is why they should send Shelton out on loan and play RB for the second half of the season (if I was GM)

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I got nothing, still monitoring the left back situation.

On the bright side it's allowed me to work on a new project, which hopefully turns into a series. Interviewing people with unique perspectives on the game in NYC. First interview is done and I hope to have it on the site later today. It's a name a few of you would like to see in a transfer.
Update:

On the LB situation: the guy who's name was mentioned to me was Wilfried Kanon, the reason I'm letting you all know now is because today he signed a 5 year €400k deal to stay at ADO Den Haag so that is pretty much a no-go now. But it gives you an idea of the type of player allegedly on their radar.

Back to square one in terms of digging for leads. Nothing worth mentioning at the moment but I'll let you guys know if I hear anything else.

Maybe Man City can loan us Mendy and Walker until the Premier League season starts when they sign both for a combined 100M pounds...
This whole time I thought you were in finance, but there's no way that's possible if you still don't understand how Loans work in MLS.

This whole time I thought you were in finance, but there's no way that's possible if you still don't understand how Loans work in MLS.

Well I left out the financial structuring of the transfers from Man City that spreads their acquisition fee and subsequent wages amongst all CFG clubs and several other "football clubs" and holdings of CFG thus making our salary charge for them both only $60K. Basically we're putting the asset into different tranches.

Reactions: Kjbert and Sabo
Well I left out the financial structuring of the transfers from Man City that spreads their acquisition fee and subsequent wages amongst all CFG clubs and several other "football clubs" and holdings of CFG thus making our salary charge for them both only $60K. Basically we're putting the asset into different tranches.
I'd short that.

Reactions: Kjbert and NYCFCfan
The bubble bursts when MLS laughs at your creative accounting and slaps them with the full salary charge.

MLS only is transparent with their trades at this point. They're still good with creative accounting.

Down ~30% today. What do you know? Aside from transfer you, you should start to feed us some hot tech news.
NYCFCfan NYCFCfan either just made the collective forum a lot richer or bankrupted the group

I kid.... probably only three people will make a trade on that.... LionNYC LionNYC just lost half his trust, Midas Mulligan put in the opposite transaction that'd make him a bundle and then forgot to initiate the trade leaving him fuming, and JGarrettLieb JGarrettLieb is now looking for new Realestate to purchase.

Last edited:
Anyone who can be consistently and perfectly wrong about a market is exactly as valuable as someone who can be consistently and perfectly right.
I take it you guys have never heard of WallStreetBets?

It's a subreddit that has the absolute worst trades and records when it comes to day trading, but if you do the opposite of what they do, or Inverse WSB, you'll make a killing.

They were high on the pineapple company so naturally it tanked.

Reactions: sbrylski
I take it you guys have never heard of WallStreetBets?

It's a subreddit that has the absolute worst trades and records when it comes to day trading, but if you do the opposite of what they do, or Inverse WSB, you'll make a killing.

They were high on the pineapple company so naturally it tanked.

I have in fact used that as an investing strategy. I'm just pissed off that I can't get it right nearly as often as they get it wrong.

Reactions: NYCFCfan and JayH