2021 NYCFC Kit Thread

am i missing something or are they only selling replicas for this?
Only seeing replicas as well, which makes it much easier to not buy one

Probably really hard to make authentics for these since I'm imagining the parlay kits take longer to manufacture. Lining up how much to produce vs what the demand for them would be is I'm sure really difficult.

Perhaps an idea to get some authentics out there would be to only make a limited amount and maybe auction them off, proceeds go to help clean the oceans or something.

Reactions: moogoo

giphy.gif

Reactions: danger
Probably really hard to make authentics for these since I'm imagining the parlay kits take longer to manufacture. Lining up how much to produce vs what the demand for them would be is I'm sure really difficult.

Perhaps an idea to get some authentics out there would be to only make a limited amount and maybe auction them off, proceeds go to help clean the oceans or something.
I'm not even sure there are authentics -- they may play in these.

i wonder how the other south americans feel about the brazilians getting so much attention - 2 of which have yet to even prove themselves in MLS.

we have 2 starter argentinians - yet no love there.

Reactions: JCMore and Kjbert
i wonder how the other south americans feel about the brazilians getting so much attention - 2 of which have yet to even prove themselves in MLS.

depends who though, I mean taty got a whole video and shirt giveaway and also got a drawing too when he re-signed. i dont think maxi cares though. Medina just started to show glimpses of what we had hoped he should of been doing since day one. callens i think got a video interview too when he extended, cacha just started two games he still has yet to have impact.

EDIT: that being said, if santi gets signed i dont think he gets the hype since he is not a DP.

Is there a way to figure this out? Does anyone know?
Best way to figure it out would be to see the crest on the kits they wear. If it's a replica, the crest will be sewn/stitched on. If its authentic, it will have an applique/plastic-esque looking crest.

Also, the striping (on sides/shoulders) on replicas is sewn on, for authentics it will be applique.

EDIT: (images added)
1621626937812.png
1621626949736.png

Reactions: Kjbert and joe
Best way to figure it out would be to see the crest on the kits they wear. If it's a replica, the crest will be sewn/stitched on. If its authentic, it will have an applique/plastic-esque looking crest.

Also, the striping (on sides/shoulders) on replicas is sewn on, for authentics it will be applique.

EDIT: (images added)
View attachment 11220
View attachment 11221
Heat sealed for the men's shirt and embroidered for the women's and kid's, for anyone interested. (According to the MLS Shop description)

The players will be wearing the same kit you can buy. I have worn player Parley kits from prior years and everything on their kit is the same one that I bought from a store (in store/online).

Reactions: Kjbert

Teams are always going to promote new players like this, though. Especially new players that are expected to be big parts of our offense. Heber's our top striker, Thiago and Magno are likely to become focal points as well.

Reactions: Kjbert