2022 NYCFC Kit Thread

Looking back, even on recent Jersey’s I thought were okay… I think the design team is kinda bad at their job. It’s like… you have to make an effort to not just come up with a nice, sharp, clean, good looking classic kit. The home Jersey almost hit the mark but they just had to give it the double wide collar.

Normally I would wait until the official reveal, but in the present spirit of extremist takes on this jersey I am declaring it to be the second best in team history. Home 2019 was the best.

All other opinions are wrong, and have a nice day.

Normally I would wait until the official reveal, but in the present spirit of extremist takes on this jersey I am declaring it to be the second best in team history. Home 2019 was the best.

All other opinions are wrong, and have a nice day.

giphy.gif

Haha.

I have no opinion on this yet until I see it on an actual player. But I couldn't resist using that Big Lebowski gif.

This. I wasn't too fond of the gotham kit until I saw the full kit on a player for the first time. then it looked pretty sharp. so waiting to see.. but as of right now, i'm not too happy about it.

It’s all about the sleeves, if they were the same color as the rest of the body in orange this kit is awesome! If it’s not, it’s quickly falling down the ranks

Looking back, even on recent Jersey’s I thought were okay… I think the design team is kinda bad at their job. It’s like… you have to make an effort to not just come up with a nice, sharp, clean, good looking classic kit. The home Jersey almost hit the mark but they just had to give it the double wide collar.
I love the double wide collar. Take that away and it’s 100% a template kit and a straight rehash of 2015.
Compared to lot of clubs (Cough, Revolution, Cough, RedBull) we have done pretty well over the years. Only one design I’d be emabarrassed to wear at the gym and the other misses (Gotham, 17-18 secondary) were just dull, not egregious. I’m not sure I want one of these, but it’s at least the kind of template buster and aggressive design that you see in the secondaries of clubs like Man City and Barca and even Liverpool and Chelsea and Arsenal, and in MLS with Portland. I mean, that LAG new primary is just lame. NER too. At least they are trying. Better a swing and a miss than a lame template.

P.P.S. THIS is what a Lightning based Jersey should look like.
Everyone keeps saying lightning.
The thing on the NYCFC jersey is a spark.

Yes, I'm being contrary but also if it is Third Rail inspired then third rails give off sparks, not lightning.

Or maybe it is an homage to Tesla coils. They give off a lot of sparks. He spent most of his professional and business career in NY, after all. Gonna need an explainer.

Again, this is only my opinion and it is correct.

This kit is for you, our supporters. You bring the electricity, the lightening, the sound, the rhythm, the DUDE Wipes clean vibe of the boroughs from the spring to the sweaty summer to when it's brick outside in winter. It's the orange and blue of New York City, champions of MLS. From Yankee Stadium to everywhere we go. YERRRRR!

I actually like it, kinda. I dont like the sleeves. I'm trying to decide what id prefer.
A.) Both sleeves same orange as body.
B.) Left sleeve continues the blue on left arm, with same orange as body on right arm.
C.) (Probably not this one) the blue on both sleeves.

Either way, I love the body of the jersey, concerned about the sleeves.

Back