2022 Roster Discussion

Maxi's extension was 1 year with an option for 2023. It does not says whose option, but I think in MLS it is a club option unless specified usually.

I believe all options in MLS are team options, they don't do player options.

Reactions: Kjbert

@all other mls clubs
giphy.gif

I'm really glad we won the Cup last year (obviously). Most of the team that won it might be gone by the start of next season.

Not exactly a roster move, but a great move nonetheless.

Reactions: Yankeedom
Shit, Tinnerholm, Johnson, & Callens....yikes

I think (hope) we'll be ok.

anton won't go anywhere. he and his family love it in NYC. add to that, the club probably won't want to let anton go, especially if he returns to form in this later 3rd of the season and playoffs.

johnson is our captain and he seems to like it at the club too. only way I see him leaving is if atlanta give him an offer he can't refuse and his family roots would be enough to move to atlanta. but still a big ask, I think.

callens might go. I think he loves it in NYC and at the club. His performances with us has earned him national team appearances and continued development to be one of the best CBs in the league. club pays, he'll stay. not worth picking up roots and trying to get used to another club, coach, etc.

I think (hope) we'll be ok.

anton won't go anywhere. he and his family love it in NYC. add to that, the club probably won't want to let anton go, especially if he returns to form in this later 3rd of the season and playoffs.

johnson is our captain and he seems to like it at the club too. only way I see him leaving is if atlanta give him an offer he can't refuse and his family roots would be enough to move to atlanta. but still a big ask, I think.

callens might go. I think he loves it in NYC and at the club. His performances with us has earned him national team appearances and continued development to be one of the best CBs in the league. club pays, he'll stay. not worth picking up roots and trying to get used to another club, coach, etc.

Of the three, I want Callens to stay the most.

I mean, to be honest, Taty is probably going to have an easy time adapting in Spain. I understand the reasoning here - Spanish speaking country, one of the best leagues in Europe... it's really a no-brainer career-wise.
Girona newly promoted, he's going to get a lot of playing time.

I might have to follow Girona a bit now just to see Taty's progress :)

I mean, to be honest, Taty is probably going to have an easy time adapting in Spain. I understand the reasoning here - Spanish speaking country, one of the best leagues in Europe... it's really a no-brainer career-wise.

Oh, I think he's going to kill it over there. It's a great fit for him in so many ways.

It's not hard to see him clicking with Stuani the way he clicked with Héber in 2019, too. There's definitely a scenario where they wreak enough havoc to make Girona FC a dangerous, mid-table upset threat. If it works out that way, you can bet there will be another move.

Reactions: moogoo
I've been planning a vacation for this fall for a long time (empty nest in 6 weeks). It was down to Barcelona / Girona or Venice / Milan. Three weeks ago we booked our tickets to Italy.

Can't say I'm unhappy going to Italy, but damn. Woulda, coulda been nice to see Taty in España.

I've been planning a vacation for this fall for a long time (empty nest in 6 weeks). It was down to Barcelona / Girona or Venice / Milan. Three weeks ago we booked our tickets to Italy.

Can't say I'm unhappy going to Italy, but damn. Woulda, coulda been nice to see Taty in España.
Skip Milan. Head down to Florence.

Either way, have a GREAT time.

He's going to have huge problems. He's not going to know what a "platha" is and Argentinians pronounce "ella" as "ay-zha".

He's going to want to make upgrade to the new iPhone celular, but the stores in Spain only sell "moviles".

He should probably just stay.

He's going to have huge problems. He's not going to know what a "platha" is and Argentinians pronounce "ella" as "ay-zha".

He's going to want to make upgrade to the new iPhone celular, but the stores in Spain only sell "moviles".

He should probably just stay.

Joder Tío - estas flipando

nothing to do with an uncle or doing flips

i agree he needs to stay… he will lose all the English he’s learned