Away - 03/21 Colorado Rapids

2-0 NYC (Nemec and Villa)

I hope you are right; that would be awesome. Even if this is the result, I think it will be tighter game than New England.

Beautiful day in Commerce City, Colorado where the Rapids play. Sunny and 66 currently. The high is 73.

It is the Rapids warmest home opener (ever or at least at Dick's Sporting Goods Park).

3-0 (Mix, Mix, Mix)

I would be amazed if that happens. I think Colorado is going to mark Mix and David Villa very closely and try and make someone else on NYCFC beat them today. I'm okay with that because I think David Villa is very hard to mark closely and others on the team will step up. I hope Foulorado doesn't do anything dirty against Mix and David.

I'm glad Shay Facey got the start as well as Velasquez. I think he made the right choice with not starting Shelton. Will be an amazing sub if we need some firepower in the 60th or later.

Reactions: Paul
Looked a whole lot better after Khiry came on up until the red. Thought the backline played well except Facey.

Reactions: cody childress
Don't think Facey was terrible, but the occasion/conditions seemed to get the better of him. The red card was fair but unfortunate, missed the ball by a second. I hope he plays centre-back from now on.

Otherwise a pretty lethargic performance. Defended well but our build up play was slow and flat. Nemec and Villa did OK with the service they got, Villa tried to do it on his own a couple of times. Grabavoy and Mix where awful, nowhere to be seen, Jacobson too but to a lesser extent. Saunders MOTM again.

Saunders 8

Facey 5
Hernandez 7
Wingert 6
Brovsky 5

Jacobson 6
Mix 5
Grabavoy 5
Velasquez 6

Villa 6
Nemec 6

Shelton 6
Calle 6
Kwame N/A

I'll take it. The performance wasn't great so I'll take the point. Rapids lots of attack though I rarely felt threatened they just lack a certain cutting edge. Had the hope a piece of magic from Villa or Mix would pull it out but wasn't to be.

Think we looked for Villa a little too much today others passed up chances to shoot to get him the ball

hated how we played after going down to ten men. You can still get something done with ten don't need to boot it every time you get the ball. In stoppage time we had one instance where Villa looked like he could be sprung and don't remember who it was Grabavoy? Brovsky? just booted it long to nowhere.

Reactions: Paul and Gene
Saunders 8

Facey 4
Hernandez 7
Wingert 6
Brovsky 6

Jacobson 6
Mix 5
Grabavoy 5
Velasquez 6

Villa 5
Nemec 5

Shelton 6
Calle 6
Kwame N/A

I'll take it. The performance wasn't great so I'll take the point. Rapids lots of attack though I rarely felt threatened they just lack a certain cutting edge. Had the hope a piece of magic from Villa or Mix would pull it out but wasn't to be.

Think we looked for Villa a little too much today others passed up chances to shoot to get him the ball

hated how we played after going down to ten men. You can still get something done with ten don't need to boot it every time you get the ball. In stoppage time we had one instance where Villa looked like he could be sprung and don't remember who it was Grabavoy? Brovsky? just booted it long to nowhere.
I agree. That annoyed me. It was Brovsky.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
Kreis: "1 point on the road is always acceptable".

Also commented he didn't think the altitude would be a factor, but it turned out it was.

Reactions: Kjbert