NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Game discussion for NYCFC v Chicago Fire
Friday 8:00 PM
I think we need 3 points here to restore some faith with the supporters. Hopefully we will have David villa and mix diskerud back in the lineup for this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denise Sheehan
Is it just me or did our team lob more crosses into the box when Nemec wasn't there? I think we might have our wires crossed.

Is it just me or did our team lob more crosses into the box when Nemec wasn't there? I think we might have our wires crossed.
I found that strange as well. Honestly the issue is with Nemec in the lineup it doesn't give us a lot of width. Yesterday you saw Calle down the left. Shelton down the right as well as Seba. With Nemec there and villa we seem to play more down the middle.
I actually found the game quite enjoyable yesterday minus the inability to finish.

Really excited to see Calle, Mix and Villa in a game together. All 3 have great touches and can hopefully give us the boost we need.

image.jpg

Seems like they threw a lot of crosses into the box last night. If that's the case then I would like to see the guy who will most likely score off of a header starting as our ST (Nemec). Move Villa into his LW role that he played at Barca and Athletico and have Shelton play RW again. Maybe Poku can get into the first team and start in the mid with Mix and Jacobson

View attachment 2474

Seems like they threw a lot of crosses into the box last night. If that's the case then I would like to see the guy who will most likely score off of a header starting as our ST (Nemec). Move Villa into his LW role that he played at Barca and Athletico and have Shelton play RW again. Maybe Poku can get into the first team and start in the mid with Mix and Jacobson

A fantastic formation that kreis will never play because we would win with it....

My thoughts too. Still plenty of season left, so why not give Villa and extra 8 days to heal something that's been problematic for months?

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Chicago started the season with 3 straight losses to LA, Vancouver and San Jose. They have won their past two games against Toronto and Philadelphia.

They haven't played in two weeks due to weird scheduling.

From what I have seen, Harry Shipp is their most exciting player.

I like Vito's lineup, assuming Poku can go a full 90 (speculation seems correct that his fitness might not be up to par). However, I agree with Lion that Villa will probably be held out. I have hopes for Hernandez coming back through. This is my prediction for Friday, possibly with Shelton listed as a forward instead of a midfielder though.

Code:
---------------Nemec-------Mullins--------------
------------------------------------------------
--Grabavoy-----------------------------Shelton--
----------------Mix-------Jacobson--------------
------------------------------------------------
---Calle-------------------------------Brovsky--
--------------Wingert-----Hernandez-------------

But this is just on paper. On the field, our 4-4-2 with Mix plays more like a 4-2-2-2 according to the heat maps. Our "outside" mids pinch in a ton and have the flexibility to run all over the field, and end up playing pretty central above Mix and Jacobson, who hang back.

In the last two games with Calle at left back and Mix out, we've effectively played a 3-5-2 as Jacobson hung way back to help the defense while Calle and the other fullback ran forward at will.

So with Calle *and* Mix in the lineup, we might see a very different style of play this week. I could almost see it evolve into a 3-3-2-2 like look, with Jacobson hanging way back, Mix and the fullbacks pushing up from the back in the attack, the "outside" mids pinching in, and two strikers on top. I'm very curious to see how the squad plays with both those guys on the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul
Chicago at home worries me. In my years following Red Bull, they simply could not BUY a win at Chicago. I know we need 3 points but I'll take 1. Shipp could give our defense fits.

Kreis has shown he likes to give players multiple chances. So I don't think you'll see many changes from the last lineup other than injury changes. With that, prediction:

----Saunders----
Brovsky--Wingert--KWS--Calle
Grabavoy--AJ--Mix
Shelton--Nemec--Mullins

Sub Villa for Nemec if he is deemed ready.

Reactions: Goodfella
Kreis has shown he likes to give players multiple chances. So I don't think you'll see many changes from the last lineup other than injury changes. With that, prediction:

----Saunders----
Brovsky--Wingert--KWS--Calle
Grabavoy--AJ--Mix
Shelton--Nemec--Mullins

Sub Villa for Nemec if he is deemed ready.
Grabavoy, despite being 31 and looking like he was exhausted in the last game, is apparently going to play every minute of every game for us.

I guess Wingert is in that category too. They are like the coach's kids.

Reactions: Paul
im actually pissed because i dont have that univision deportes channel so i wont be able to watch the game. and i aint paying time warner that extra monthly fee for this channel.