Away - 06/25 Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle has been really struggling. This is a game where we need a point minimum.

The big question will be Dempsey. Will Jurgen keep his full 23 together for the 3rd place game? Or will he decide to go with a younger squad and release some of his veterans to their clubs?

If he starts Nagbe and Pulisic in the 3rd place game after putting fuckin Wondo up against Argentina I'm gonna go burn his house down.

Seattle has been really struggling. This is a game where we need a point minimum.

The big question will be Dempsey. Will Jurgen keep his full 23 together for the 3rd place game? Or will he decide to go with a younger squad and release some of his veterans to their clubs?
Do you guys think Dempsey plays even if he is released back to Seattle? He's played a lot of soccer and traveled all over the U.S.. Plus he'll have only a few days rest ... Maybe a late sub at best if he gets back to Seattle?

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Do you guys think Dempsey plays even if he is released back to Seattle? He's played a lot of soccer and traveled all over the U.S.. Plus he'll have only a few days rest ... Maybe a late sub at best if he gets back to Seattle?
He looked dead vs Argentina. I don't think he'd play even if he comes back which I doubt he will. Jurgen going to want to win 3rd place game. I think Seattle's previous success was really predicated on individual magic from Oba, and his partnership with Dempsey. Their defense is nothing special. Midfield is better than Philly's mess though. NOt sure Frank, Andrea and Iraola will do the trick.

Any of the veterans that he would release are also the ones that have played a zillion minutes of the Copa.... their club coaches would be fools to play them on Saturday. But hey, if Sigi wants to play Dempsey, then let him, because it'll be a net negative for their team if he's struggling physically on dead legs. I bet they all get a 1-week break minimum.

Wow that's devotion!! We'll definitely be in a bar after the game, tweet me @simonfothers if you want a beer :)
I am actually in town for a conference later that week. Perfect timing!! I'll tweetya. I'll be the guy into our section late!!!

Super jealous! An Away game in Seattle is definitely something I need to do. That place will be rocking, surely after the atmosphere they created for the USA-Ecuador game

Reactions: Goodfella
Red Bull loss at RSL gives us even more incentive to take at least 1 and hopefully 3 points. Seattle are not as terrible team as their record reflects even without Dempsey. They simply couldn't finish against Red Bull or it would have been 4-2 as they botched a few sitters. Watching them in that game was painfully reminiscent of watching us with a similar frustrating inability to put the ball in the net despite multiple clear chances. They dropped 3 games at home already so let's hope we can carry our momentum and take 3 points, coupled with an RBNJ loss to Columbus, who are very good at home, could be a great weekend!

Reactions: joe and Ulrich
I saw this posted earlier, may have been in this thread or another, but does anyone know if they are keeping grass at CenturyLink for our game?

Red Bull loss at RSL gives us even more incentive to take at least 1 and hopefully 3 points. Seattle are not as terrible team as their record reflects even without Dempsey. They simply couldn't finish against Red Bull or it would have been 4-2 as they botched a few sitters. Watching them in that game was painfully reminiscent of watching us with a similar frustrating inability to put the ball in the net despite multiple clear chances. They dropped 3 games at home already so let's hope we can carry our momentum and take 3 points, coupled with an RBNJ loss to Columbus, who are very good at home, could be a great weekend!
I expect RB to lose to Columbus. RB's only away win this year was against us, and that's versus 7 losses and 1 tie.... they just don't play well on the road. Columbus is 3-1-3 at home, and the lone loss was against Philly as their first home match of the year - that seems to be the outlier. Plus Columbus didn't play last night, whereas RB is on short rest and traveling twice this week. At absolute best, RB takes 1 point, but that's being generous. And at the rate they're going, they could be the first team in the league to 10 losses for the season - losing Saturday and then to us next week would put them at 9.

Reactions: Goodfella
apparently this is the first full stadium match of the season for Seattle, should be a huge crowd.

apparently this is the first full stadium match of the season for Seattle, should be a huge crowd.

Wow. True. And not a lot of tickets showing on Ticketmaster, although perhaps not all the sections have been released for sale.

Really need to make a game out there some time. The atmosphere is going to be incredible.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
As has been the case all year we play much better away. A larger field suits us. Play our posession game and let Pirlo/Jack/Villa pick them apart.
Hoping for similar lineup this week.
Mattarita and R.J. On the wings to overlap. Creates a lot of space.

Well, I'm turning 40 on Saturday, which makes me just barely too old to qualify for our current midfield. How sweet three points would be for a birthday gift.

Is that ringer tee an attempt to hold on to the years of your youth?

Status
Not open for further replies.