Away - 10/31 Columbus - 1st Leg ECS

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to run them off the pitch on Tuesday, ruin those already exhausted legs. Definitely want our speed lineup out there on Tuesday night.

Great point. Lewis for Wallace to start.

I say start Sweat and go to Mata after 60 minutes. Need to go right at them. Play an offensive lineup n

Per the latest email I got a few minutes ago

Eastern Conference Semifinals Leg 1

Tuesday, October 31 (Halloween)
(5) Columbus Crew vs (2) NYCFC

⏰ 8 pm ET
ESPN / ESPN Deportes
Mapfre Stadium

Eastern Conference Semifinals Leg 2

Sunday, Nov. 5 (DAY OF NYC MARATHON)
(2) NYCFC vs (5) Columbus Crew

⏰ 5 or 7:30 pm ET
ESPN or FS1
Yankee Stadium

No, I don’t know exactly when we will know rn final time or date for the match. Yes it’s shitty. But if last year is any indication we will get the later start time due to the marathon so please plan accordingly.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Is the second leg still going to be played on the 5th? I checked the scheduling on multiple websites and some of them are stating that it's on the 6th.

Per the latest email I got a few minutes ago

Eastern Conference Semifinals Leg 1

Tuesday, October 31 (Halloween)
(5) Columbus Crew vs (2) NYCFC

⏰ 8 pm ET
ESPN / ESPN Deportes
Mapfre Stadium

Eastern Conference Semifinals Leg 2

Sunday, Nov. 5 (DAY OF NYC MARATHON)
(2) NYCFC vs (5) Columbus Crew

⏰ 5 or 7:30 pm ET
ESPN or FS1
Yankee Stadium

No, I don’t know exactly when we will know rn final time or date for the match. Yes it’s shitty. But if last year is any indication we will get the later start time due to the marathon so please plan accordingly.

So it looks like it's written that the 5pm match is on ESPN and the 7:30 is on FS1. If that's the case, I'd put my money on 5pm with NYC vs CLB being the marquee matchup. HOU v POR will get the 7:30 spot on FS1. It also works better because POR is on Pacific time & HOU on Central time.

So it looks like it's written that the 5pm match is on ESPN and the 7:30 is on FS1. If that's the case, I'd put my money on 5pm with NYC vs CLB being the marquee matchup. HOU v POR will get the 7:30 spot on FS1. It also works better because POR is on Pacific time & HOU on Central time.
The NYCFC app now says the Home game Sunday is at 8pm. But I think it's a placeholder because the Away game is at 8pm. The MLS app still has TBD for both our game and Portland/Houston.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
So Columbus won't be easy. They looked really good last night and did a good job stifling Atlantas "press, turnover and GOOOO" offense. CLB's two CMs played well in the middle. Atlanta also thought they could score 25-Yard bangers at will. Columbus really should have won before PKs given the goal waved off on the inexistent offside.

I think ATL scared everybody because of the scenario of getting blown out in the first leg by having to deal with several bang bang mistakes, that crowd and that turf.

The NYCFC app now says the Home game Sunday is at 8pm. But I think it's a placeholder because the Away game is at 8pm. The MLS app still has TBD for both our game and Portland/Houston.

This is one of those instances where we really live up to your tagline :tonguewink:

Reactions: Kjbert
It's still TBD in ticketmaster too, which may be why I'm having trouble transferring to passbook.

Reactions: Mkdaman1818
So Columbus won't be easy. They looked really good last night and did a good job stifling Atlantas "press, turnover and GOOOO" offense. CLB's two CMs played well in the middle. Atlanta also thought they could score 25-Yard bangers at will. Columbus really should have won before PKs given the goal waved off on the inexistent offside.

I think ATL scared everybody because of the scenario of getting blown out in the first leg by having to deal with several bang bang mistakes, that crowd and that turf.
Agreed they won't be easy, but IMO, still easier than Atlanta.

Yes, that game should never have gone to extra time due to the goal waved off, but if Josef brings his finishing game that he all of a sudden lost, Atlanta wins that one.

Reactions: canchon
Columbus Crew v New York City FC
MAPFRE Stadium (8:00PM ET)
REF: ALAN KELLY
AR1: Matthew Nelson
AR2: Brian Dunn
4TH: Ismail Elfath
VAR: Chris Penso

Got my wish. I consider Alan Kelly the best referee in MLS. Ismail Elfath was our main referee for our Decision Day game vs. Columbus. Chris Penso is also a main referee in MLS. This should be a great referee group

Alan Kelly previously was the referee for our game our 4-0 win vs. DC United. 5 Yellow Cards (5 DC - 0 NYC). 0 Reds. 0 Penalties. He also referred our 2-0 win at Red Bulls. 6 Yellow Cards (3 RB - 3 NYC). 0 Reds. 0 Penalties. One controversial moment was Lawrence's challenge on Matarrita which was initially a yellow card but DisCo gave him one game suspension for that tackle.

Thankfully we did not have to schedule around Yankees, Rutgers, Golf, although it would have hurt the Crew more. Meanwhile, due to Seattle's scheduling woes, Vancouver has to play 4 big games in 11 days
MLS has to find a solution to this going forward.

I guess I'm glad the Crew won, but it seems like we have less to discuss since we just played them. Kind of dead here, with more chatter about next year's roster than the playoff game on Tuesday.
Something of note is that Artur did not play vs NYCFC on decision day. He actually missed both NYCFC games this year for varying reasons. He has been one of the Crew's best players so the Crew may be a little better defensively then they were on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.