Away - Galaxy 08/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal ball is a bit fuzzy (I blame my hangover) but I do see that Lampard plays and, in fact, scores on an assist from Pirlo. I see another goal by either TMac or Poku, and a third goal from Pirlo late on a glorious direct kick. It is unclear whether that will be to tie or win the game, but let's be optimistic and say that it's the winner.

All I want for my birthday is an NYCFC win with Pirlo scoring a golazo and a shutout.
Happy b-day homeboy! I wish for you to get what you desire.

If we shut out the Galaxy today, I will go right ahead and say that we have MLS Cup locked up. I will also buy you an authentic* jersey with a player of your choice as a present!
*from alibaba.

Reactions: dannd23
Happy b-day homeboy! I wish for you to get what you desire.

If we shut out the Galaxy today, I will go right ahead and say that we have MLS Cup locked up. I will also buy you an authentic* jersey with a player of your choice as a present!
*from alibaba.

Haha thanks brother.

I am just hoping that Kreis isn't a bonehead in this one. Please do not bench Mix or Poku. Start them, Pirlo, and Villa, and any other lineup decision I will be feeling content.

I wonder if Zardes will play with all the transfer speculation. In a similar situation, Saido Berahino of West Brom has been linked to Tottenham and a couple other places in an imminent move and he wasn't even in the 18. Won't make it much easier, but will at least take away one of their weapons if he isn't in the lineup.

Game day!

Hoping for a win today!
...or at least a tie
...or at least a respectable showing
I hope I am wrong but feeling a bit sick before the game from anxiety. The LA is very good I just hope we don't have our asses kicked. I would be very happy for a draw.

I hope I am wrong but feeling a bit sick before the game from anxiety. The LA is very good I just hope we don't have our asses kicked. I would be very happy for a draw.
Generally, I would agree with you that a draw would be a fantastic result on the road against an incredible club like LAG. However, due to our diminishing hope for a playoff spot, I will be a bit let down with any less than 3 points today. We absolutely need a win today.

Generally, I would agree with you that a draw would be a fantastic result on the road against an incredible club like LAG. However, due to our diminishing hope for a playoff spot, I will be a bit let down with any less than 3 points today. We absolutely need a win today.
I hear you and don't disagree. But....sigh....lets just hope for the best... We need another striker, better goalkeeper, coach, backs, and a stadium.... Lol guess one has to be patient it takes time

A good sign of the distinction between NYCFC and MCFC is that there was no advertising via social media of a Double City Sunday (DCS).

And I've got a fever and the only prescription is more POKU!!!

3-1 NYC. We score one early. LA scores early in the second half then we score two late. It will be heart pounding.

I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong, but realistically I see this 3-1 the Galaxy
LE01.jpg

Our "brothers" in Manchester only scored twice today. Last two games they've scored three. So maybe they gifted us a goal.

Haha thanks brother.

I am just hoping that Kreis isn't a bonehead in this one. Please do not bench Mix or Poku. Start them, Pirlo, and Villa, and any other lineup decision I will be feeling content.

I wonder if Zardes will play with all the transfer speculation. In a similar situation, Saido Berahino of West Brom has been linked to Tottenham and a couple other places in an imminent move and he wasn't even in the 18. Won't make it much easier, but will at least take away one of their weapons if he isn't in the lineup.
Haven't seen the zardes rumors but sitting a player in that situation is far more likely if the rumor is within the same league. Assuming Zardes rumors are for a transfer to Europe. That wouldn't generally stop him playing in a game like today.

Will I be able to stream this on Watch ESPN in NYC Or will it be blacked out?

Will I be able to stream this on Watch ESPN in NYC Or will it be blacked out?
It will not be blacked out because it has no competing broadcast. The only reason for a local blackout is if it takes away from the rights holder, such as YES. Being an ESPN broadcast and WatchESPN being an ESPN service, no need for blackout!!!!

It will not be blacked out because it has no competing broadcast. The only reason for a local blackout is if it takes away from the rights holder, such as YES. Being an ESPN broadcast and WatchESPN being an ESPN service, no need for blackout!!!!

Awesome. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.