Away - Galaxy 08/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is simply trying to keep a young kid who has shot up to the moon out of nowhere down to earth. It's his job as manager.
exactly. I hope Poku has the right mindset and continues to work hard and keeps improving. This reminds me of the time Hans Backe tried to bring Juan Agudelo down to earth after the impressive start he had with redbulls at such a young age and after Agudelo scored that goal in South Africa for the USMNT. Agudelo had the wrong mindset and attitude after shooting up to fame and it cost him. He didn't have the work ethic to be a great pro. I hope Poku is different. I think he will be. Every time I listen to Poku speak, he seems like a great kid with a great attitude.

exactly. I hope Poku has the right mindset and continues to work hard and keeps improving. This reminds me of the time Hans Backe tried to bring Juan Agudelo down to earth after the impressive start he had with redbulls at such a young age and after Agudelo scored that goal in South Africa for the USMNT. Agudelo had the wrong mindset and attitude after shooting up to fame and it cost him. He didn't have the work ethic to be a great pro. I hope Poku is different. I think he will be. Every time I listen to Poku speak, he seems like a great kid with a great attitude.
Just pointing out here, Poku is 9 months older than Agudelo at present. He's 23. I think best caste for him is a late bloomer a la Dempsey.

He should stay here until he gets his citizenship so he can play for the U.S. in 2018. He has played here since 2011. I know he's had to have had a green card since 2013 at the latest.

Just pointing out here, Poku is 9 months older than Agudelo at present. He's 23. I think best caste for him is a late bloomer a la Dempsey.

He should stay here until he gets his citizenship so he can play for the U.S. in 2018. He has played here since 2011. I know he's had to have had a green card since 2013 at the latest.

There is a lot of variables involved in the development of a young player. In soccer, you need the right system, the right coach, the right team etc....with Poku being as you said 23 right now, I think thats good news for us NYCFC fans that want him to stay with us for a long time. I don't think CFG would be willing to sell him to a lower league in europe because frankly the haul wouldn't be that big. I think the pay day for Poku will come, if he continues this pace, as a DP in this league. Not a bad living at all. If NYCFC was owned by any other group then I think selling Poku would be more in the plans. Another good reason why it is good that CFG are the owners.

11882813_924740690905527_3958376308642843067_o.jpg

Pretty funny to see. Obviously if I was on that beach I would recognize my own team. But makes me wonder how many MLS teams who were in town for a game and hanging out at Jones Beach would I walk past without realizing who they were.

Pretty funny to see. Obviously if I was on that beach I would recognize my own team. But makes me wonder how many MLS teams who were in town for a game and hanging out at Jones Beach would I walk past without realizing who they were.
Well you'd be pretty likely to notice if they wore matching swim trunks with the team logo and their uniform numbers on them as our boys did.

Status
Not open for further replies.