Away - Galaxy 08/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
M
Maybe this is all some Mr. Miyagi zen master shit, or maybe Kreis is just an asshole.
May have to do with contract negotiation, fighting for play time for his buddy so that certain clause in contracts are fulfilled somhis buddies can get a higher sum assuming this is their last season playing here....blah blah blah....who knows. Just don't like this Kries guy.

Reactions: Gavin23
The sense I get from his interviews is that Poku is very ambitious and - not arrogant - but someone who believes in his own ability and doesn't perform the formulaic humility that many people seem to expect. He doesn't talk about how grateful he is, etc, but instead how pleased he is that his ability is now being recognized. Somewhat refreshing from a fan perspective (although hardly encouraging from the perspective of one who wants him to stay here for a long time) but I can see how a manager might see it as a problem.

Also, kind of off topic, but is there anyone else who feels like they would be uncomfortable wearing a jersey with "88" on it, given its racist associations here?

Reactions: Gavin23
Also, kind of off topic, but is there anyone else who feels like they would be uncomfortable wearing a jersey with "88" on it, given its racist associations here?

I didn't know about the racist associations until I had to look it up. The name Poku and the numbers 88 don't allude to neo-nazism or anything of that kind. I'm fine wearing my Poku jersey to games and around.

I didn't know about the racist associations until I had to look it up. The name Poku and the numbers 88 don't allude to neo-nazism or anything of that kind. I'm fine wearing my Poku jersey to games and around.

That's all fair. It was a real question on may part to see if others felt the same way, not a call-out by any means. Obviously the number has a different significance for Poku (his father apparently wore #8) and fans of the club. And 88 is "catchy" and has other positive meanings in other cultures as well. It is in no way "objectively" racist, but the neo-nazi resonance does have enough traction to make me a little wary, personally.

Last edited:
Some of you guys could work for FOX News or MSNBC.
Why cherry-pick what was tweeted?

That was everything that was tweeted by Mr. Butler.
Sounds like a coach who wants a rookie to not settle and work to keep getting better.

Taken in complete context, that sounds like a manager that's doing his job and working to develop a young guy with a ton of talent. How often do we see guys with crazy talent go in the wrong direction early in their career because they have a manager who doesn't have the balls to settle him down.

But I want to get some "likes" so i'll ignore common sense and say "Fuck Kreis" or "Kreis is such a tool" or something like that!

Taken in complete context, that sounds like a manager that's doing his job and working to develop a young guy with a ton of talent. How often do we see guys with crazy talent go in the wrong direction early in their career because they have a manager who doesn't have the balls to settle him down.

But I want to get some "likes" so i'll ignore common sense and say "Fuck Kreis" or "Kreis is such a tool" or something like that!

I just want to take that first tweet: "Kreis on Poku: "The coaching staff has had a ton of belief in this kid from the very first time we saw him and had him with our group..."

A ton of belief...only gets solid minutes a month ago...Because during an 11 game winless streak, yeah, let's not give this kid a shot. Jesus Kreis. Imagine if Poku was playing from, let's be fair, mid-May. I think our record would look a lot different.

This is my proposed lineup.
Arena might play De La Garza, but he'd piay him where Gargan is and place Leonardo next to Gonzalez.
We'll see what he actually puts on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.