TT/Shelton-----Villa-----Mendoza
-------------Mix/Poku--------------
-------Bravo--------Pirlo-----------
Mata---Hernandez--Brillant---Allen

TT/Shelton-----Villa-----Mendoza
-------------Mix/Poku--------------
-------Bravo--------Pirlo-----------
Mata---Hernandez--Brillant---Allen
I wish he would play Bravo and Pirlo together and think this is the sort of game where we really need it. I doubt it will happen though. I think we need to see a few more games where Pirlo gets marked out of the match and/or we get killed in the midfield before that change comes.

I wish he would play Bravo and Pirlo together and think this is the sort of game where we really need it. I doubt it will happen though. I think we need to see a few more games where Pirlo gets marked out of the match and/or we get killed in the midfield before that change comes.
I hate having that feeling, that we need to have a disaster happen for Vieira to wake up to some of the decisions he is making.

I just hope he doesn't start Pirlo alone in the back with 2 attacking mids, fall behind a goal or two, and then sub Bravo in once it's too late. Start him, hold down the fort, and then if it's 0-0 at 70 you can bring in more firepower. He seems to have a love affair with TMac though, so I'd bet you're right and we go 2 down before the half.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Not feeling the excitement here for this game. Is everyone bummed out by our start?
I keep forgetting about it. I think I got thrown off because I was hoping to be able to go to the Columbus game in August and my tiny brain can't handle that we're playing them twice away this year.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Not feeling the excitement here for this game. Is everyone bummed out by our start?

I'm actually excited for this game, then again, I'm excited about all NYCFC games. I'm curious to see if we play any differently on an away pitch and anxiously awaiting our 2nd win. I actually think this is a very crucial game for us that we NEED to win.

Naturally, I think we're all bummed with the start. Coming away with only 3 points on a 4 game homestand is unacceptable.

Going to be in the Crew supporters section with my young cousin. Heard it gets pretty rowdy so should I attract attention to us by wearing NYCFC gear? Anybody ever try this? Thanks!

I don't get the hate on Hernandez. He has been very solid at the back for us this year. Mena hasn't proved anything since he started playing last summer. Other than the first week the back line has been pretty solid. Hernandez was my MOTM last week vs Chicago.

Reactions: Sabo and gbservis
I don't get the hate on Hernandez. He has been very solid at the back for us this year. Mena hasn't proved anything since he started playing last summer. Other than the first week the back line has been pretty solid. Hernandez was my MOTM last week vs Chicago.

He plays hard and has shown some skilled defending, but you have to be out of your mind to pull a player down in the box like he did on opening day (was lucky to not see red), and he plays people on-side all day long. I think his biggest drawback is tunnelvision. He zeroes in on whoever he needs to tackle next, but you never see his head on a swivel.

I'm not sold on Mendoza. I think long-term, it really should be Shelton and Taylor on the wings, especially in away matches. They both cover and attack well and are willing to pass where Mendoza only shoots. I'd love to see Mix and Poku play supporting roles behind the offensive 3, but I think we'll get 4 in the midfield and 3 in the back. Mata's going to have his hands full defensively, but I think PV is going to go for broke and try to score -- we need numbers forward to get the monkey off of our back, and I think we'll see a completely different team out there compared to at YS.

If we score one within the first 30', I could see us going for 5.

Going to be in the Crew supporters section with my young cousin. Heard it gets pretty rowdy so should I attract attention to us by wearing NYCFC gear? Anybody ever try this? Thanks!
Ask yourself what the reaction would be if a Columbus fan was in the NYCFC supporters section, then ask yourself if you'd like to be that person.

I'm going to the game but not sitting in either supporters section because I'm going with a friend who's a Columbus fan. I'd advise against it because there will always be fools who see it as a cue to throw a punch.

Ask yourself what the reaction would be if a Columbus fan was in the NYCFC supporters section, then ask yourself if you'd like to be that person.

I'm going to the game but not sitting in either supporters section because I'm going with a friend who's a Columbus fan. I'd advise against it because there will always be fools who see it as a cue to throw a punch.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't do it. I'd try and get tickets elsewhere, but if you're gonna be in that section, wearing something that doesn't make you stick out.

A friend of mine is looking to attend her first NYCFC game with a group of people against Philly and is bringing a Philly fan with her. I told her to get tickets outside of the supporters group, don't want her friend to be subjected to what may come there.

The Crew supporters sections is for Crew supporters. If you insist on being there, you should be observing as a neutral. To walk into a home team's supporter section wearing the visiting team's colors is disrespectful to those supporters at a minimum and asking for everything that will come your way at worst.

In High School, we had a fierce rival. One drunken night, some friends and I drunkenly decided to go to that town's party spot deep in their town woods, to try our luck with their girls. Suffice it to say, it didn't end well. It only took a few minutes before one of my buds gave a friendly pinch to the rear-end of a girl who turned out to be the girlfriend of the town maniac just out of prison. My friend got pummeled. I jumped on the guy, who was at least a foot taller than me, wearing a shirt less than me, and a dozen more tattoos than me, gave it my best shot, but paid the price. The five of us were ultimately surrounded by what felt like a 100 of them. They eventually settled on giving us 10 seconds to run, which we did.

Moral of the story, don't pinch the ass of the girlfriend of the craziest Crew supporter.

Last edited:
SURPRISE!

Here is the injury report for New York City FC vs Columbus Crew:

New York City FC

• Frank Lampard - OUT
    • Ethan White - Out
    • Jack Harrison - OUT
    • Connor Brandt - OUT
Columbus Crew
    • Gaston Sauro - OUT
    • Corey Ashe - Questionable
    • Tony Tchani- Questionable