• Frank Lampard - OUT
    • Ethan White - Out
    • Jack Harrison - OUT
    • Connor Brandt - OUT
Columbus Crew
    • Gaston Sauro - OUT
    • Corey Ashe - Questionable
    • Tony Tchani- Questionable
Oh, MLS..... Technically, Jack Harrison should be on the inactive list since he isn't even eligible to play. Once off the DL, if he isn't up for selection because of a recent injury (like White) then he should go on the injury report.

I'm terrified.
Really? I'm stoked that we get to play in our undefeated second jersey on a large field & against a team that doesn't bunker. Plus, I never felt last year that Columbus was better than we were - we made boneheaded defensive breakdowns, but that was normal for our D. Hell, Mena was The Man going up against Kamara. I think our current D will contain them.

If we decide to wear our shooting-boots, then we'll be fine.... I just hope the equipment manager remembers to pack them.

Parkhurst really hasn't looked very good this year. With Sauro out too their defense is weaker than its been in a long time. The Crew is like NYCFC in that their record doesn't reflect how well they have been playing this season. Kamara and Finlay are due. Villa is due. Should be a good game.

Really? I'm stoked that we get to play in our undefeated second jersey on a large field & against a team that doesn't bunker. Plus, I never felt last year that Columbus was better than we were - we made boneheaded defensive breakdowns, but that was normal for our D. Hell, Mena was The Man going up against Kamara. I think our current D will contain them.

If we decide to wear our shooting-boots, then we'll be fine.... I just hope the equipment manager remembers to pack them.

The portion highlighted above is the key. They like to possess the ball the same way we do, so we shouldn't have to deal with 11 assholes defending on one side of the pitch like we did with Orlando.

In High School, we had a fierce rival, in an often violent rivalry. One drunken night, some friends and I drunkenly decided to go to that town's party spot deep in their town woods, to try our luck with their girls. Suffice it to say, it didn't end well. It only took a few minutes before one of my buds gave a friendly pinch to the rear-end of a girl who turned out to be the girlfriend of the town maniac just out of prison. My friend got pummeled. I jumped on the guy, who was at least a foot taller than me, wearing a shirt less than me, and a dozen more tattoos than me, gave it my best shot, but paid the price. The five of us were ultimately surrounded by what felt like a 100 of them. They eventually settled on giving us 10 seconds to run, which we did.

Moral of the story, don't pinch the ass of the girlfriend of the craziest Crew supporter.
LOL thanks for that! I definitely won't be "pinching any ass"

Reactions: Seven and JayH
EDIT: took out drunken nonsense carry on

Last edited:
I had a look at the Crew channel on the MLS app on Apple TV (not sure where else it is available), and interestingly their preview makes it seem like their fans are shitting themselves at the prospect of Villa and Matarrita running wild in the vast expanses of MAPFRE. Sounds like Columbus aren't really clicking on the pitch right now.

I was feeling pessimistic, but after watching the condensed game I can imagine Matarrita and Villa taking advantage of Afful's misadventures up the right wing. Kamara, Finlay and Meram look completely off the boil too. Now I wouldn't put it past them to play themselves into form against our boys, or us to allow them to, but I think there's reason to be excited about this one.

Let's stick Villa on the left again and admit to ourselves that Poku is a striker. I think we need Bravo in there to keep Higuaín locked up, as others have mentioned, so we should invert the midfield triangle so Tommy's playing in front of Pirlo and Bravo. Or Mix. Or maybe Vieira gets crazy and plays Bravo, Mix and Tommy. An emphatic victory here and I can start to get excited about this season again.

There was a lot of talk this week that Iraola is being tested in CB. That changed last game when Ethan White was hurt. I'm not sure what that says about Vieira's opinion on guys like Brilliant, Allen and Mena.

I have the feeling that they play the 4-3-3 again, but unfortunately that doesn't leave a spot for Bravo in the midfield.

I'm also not sold on Mullins at center forward. He stays so central that it doesn't blend well with the other strikers, but I don't think Vieira ready to try something else, so it's either Villa in the middle or Mullins. Khiry was strong in the first game, but since coming back from his time with the U-23's he hasn't looked confident. His speed of play is much slower than Taylor's. And lastly, Mendoza last week was horribly frustrating.

So not scoring goals isn't really shocking to me. That being said, I think Villa gets one off a set piece and I think Mix gets one. 2-1 NYCFC

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Matarrita is going to be going pretty much 1v1 with Finlay on the wing, that's gotta be the most important matchup today. I do think playing on the road will help us a lot, and I think we should play Brilliant inside if we go 4-3-3 just because of his height/physicality against Kamara
That matchup comes down to how much Finley is told to track back with Mata. If he has to, then he'll tire more and be less effective on offense. If the crew let Mata roam forward hoping to contain him with the D while leaving Finley up high to counter, it could turn into a very interesting track meet. That said, they'd be crazy to rely on the D alone to contain a marauding Mata down the flank.

Whoops still drunk go NYCFC fuck Lampard

EDIT: left this because it's still true
At least you still have editing skills. If not, I think there's a drunken text app for people like you that locks your apps during certain hours.

Reactions: SayWhat44
That matchup comes down to how much Finley is told to track back with Mata. If he has to, then he'll tire more and be less effective on offense. If the crew let Mata roam forward hoping to contain him with the D while leaving Finley up high to counter, it could turn into a very interesting track meet. That said, they'd be crazy to rely on the D alone to contain a marauding Mata down the flank.

Agreed. Might be the two best players or second best players on both teams going head to head. Crew are going to need to contain Mata, especially in a larger field than Yankee Stadium, but Mata needs to make sure that he's not too far forward because I still don't trust our other defenders that much, especially against the counter

A few friends and I are posted up in a Columbus bar watching the Prem games. Four NYCFC kits in a sea of OSU red. Maybe not the right place to ask, but is there an official away supporters pregame/meetup planned anywhere?

Reactions: SayWhat44
A few friends and I are posted up in a Columbus bar watching the Prem games. Four NYCFC kits in a sea of OSU red. Maybe not the right place to ask, but is there an official away supporters pregame/meetup planned anywhere?
EDIT: I probably should have actually read what you wrote before I wrote something lol

Status
Not open for further replies.