Carolina Challenge Cup 2015 Megathread

Should we begin coordinating any chants/songs for this tourney? Not gonna lie, I'm kinda nervous that without a SG there, we are going to be vastly out-noised by Orlando.. Perhaps we can finalize this Daniel Island Grill meetup to make sure we're all on the same page before the match!

TR isn't going to be there? Really? Not even a few of them? Do they understand what it means to be in an SG? Hope you're wrong.

Reactions: Fabio and LostAnvil
TR isn't going to be there? Really? Not even a few of them? Do they understand what it means to be in an SG? Hope you're wrong.
maybe they werent given tickets to be there as a group ? From what i have seen people have been buying tickets individually.

Just to be clear, I am a member of the TR. They did not sell tickets on their own, but pointed members to the NYCFC website. And yes, there are some TR members going (26 RSVPd as Going in the Facebook event), but nothing is "official" and nothing is organized. There have only been 6 posts in that Facebook event.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I got my tickets thru a third rail link to the charleston battery, which was only selling tickets in section E4 at that point. Charleston has in effect organised the seating of the supporters groups. I would guess that Orlando and Houston fans who were directed to the battery by their links wound up seated together.

Just to be clear, I am a member of the TR. They did not sell tickets on their own, but pointed members to the NYCFC website. And yes, there are some TR members going (26 RSVPd as Going in the Facebook event),

Very awesome.

but nothing is "official" and nothing is organized. There have only been 6 posts in that Facebook event.

This is just mind-boggling if you ask me. Maybe I don't get how American SGs work.

Reactions: Paul
Hey guys, I have not gotten much of a response from the TR regarding a group meet up or anything. It looks like us TR members are kind of on our own here. I will have 2 TRers traveling with me. Should we set a time to meet at Daniel Island Grill? I like the idea of going over the chants and whatnot so se can stand up to the Ruckus. If you are out and about in the city keep an eye out for two dudes in light blue blazers!

Our game is the 7pm game on saturday night, Daniel Island Grill would probably be okay after the first game started, might be a bit crowded before. I'm also good with the Lion Pub on friday night. For a fall back chant I'm going with Here we go New York , here we go. And the soon to be very popular Orlando Sucks

I'm actually interested in watching the first game at 5PM (Charleston vs Houston). It's about a 25 minute walk to the stadium from the Grille, so maybe we can hang out there from 2-4pm.. Thoughts?

Reactions: Michael. Mellamphy
I was working with a few different people in Charleston to try and set up some events. Then around 2 months ago I was told that Chance was also in talks with Chas to work on some pre and post game get-togethers. After that my involvement pretty much ended immediately.

yones
I was working with a few different people in Charleston to try and set up some events. Then around 2 months ago I was told that Chance was also in talks with Chas to work on some pre and post game get-togethers. After that my involvement pretty much ended immediately.
In an email from Chance today he said he isn't going. einwindir einwindir could you reach out to those folks in Charleston and see what might be going on? I would understand if you didn't want to step on anyones toes.

yones
In an email from Chance today he said he isn't going. einwindir einwindir could you reach out to those folks in Charleston and see what might be going on? I would understand if you didn't want to step on anyones toes.
Like I said, after I was told Chance was taking over the supporter relations I stepped back.

Anyone else think it is dumb that we are playing mickey in a friendly before we play them opening day?
tumblr_mpsnbyhkWc1sohjkvo1_400.gif

Reactions: Drainyoo