Carolina Challenge Cup 2015 Megathread

For once, this is something I don't think you can really blame the club for. That decision is on Charleston Battery, who in all fairness are responsible for marketing their own product (the CCC) and probably couldn't care less about how it affects our first league game.

Reactions: einwindir
Both these teams are going to want to win - preseason or not, this is the first MLS game in history for both sides.

Both these teams are going to want to win - preseason or not, this is the first MLS game in history for both sides.

I think both teams will do a full squad swap at half or at least 50-60 minutes in. They still need to get everyone some game minutes and figure out where everyone fits.

The decision for NYCFC to play Orlando in the preseason was made before the regular season schedule was finalized.

What id do to fly over to get to all of the games! is it acceptable to spend my student loan and miss a week of university so i can watch all 3 of the games? im thinking possibly a yes ......
Yes... definitely yes. It's what is called study abroad and a worldy education you couldn't get if you didn't.

The decision for NYCFC to play Orlando in the preseason was made before the regular season schedule was finalized.
Yes. The guys organizing the CCC thought it would be great hype for the tournament which was the smart thing to do. Playing our opening in Orlando is the league's fault.

I hate crossposting between threads - but if there is anyone here that plans on attending CCC15 - here's your tailgate map (thanks to the men and women of Port City Firm)
10285764_990294670998401_8356938350806733038_o.jpg

Even though I won't be going (family stuff) I've had open communication with a number of groups down in SC. I would recommend pre-gaming at Blackbaud park with The Regiment and Queen Anne's Revenge. It's closer. Cheaper. And the fine men and women at QAR assured me that there will be plenty of food.

If anyone here is going to head to Chas, try and get a loosely organized group together and PM me so I can give you more information.

Ok so since I thought I was on this thread, and wasnt.. (my bad) I am in GA for work right now and am going to drive up for the games and didn't see anything related to how many people are actually attending the game. I would like to meet as many people as I I can from the TR before I actually commit to being a member..I live kinda far to be making it to meet up and such. (4hr drive)

My wife and I, both TR members, plan on checking out the tailgate. Probably aiming to get there around 2 or so. We are flying in from ny early sat am, staying in downtown charleston. So we will look for fellow blue shirts in the area on the map.

But if it looks like many of you are meeting at Daniel island grille first, maybe we will stop there first as well. Just thought the tailgate looks like a good time, and qar and regiment have been very welcoming on fb about it. Plus, food? Yes please.

As far as chants 'ny oh ny oh city said I' 'we are nycfc(nick nick paddy wack') 'there's only one David villa' 'illa illa illa' plus a few other short and sweet ones should be a good start, no? Also maybe this one? 'Whose the boroughs football club that's made for you and me? N y c y o r k c I t y! ' since we are playing Disney fc and all. Don't want to turn this into a song chant thread, but since people asked...

So one thing I'm interested in seeing is if Orlando will really play Brek Shea as a left back. And if they do, can whoever is on the right (Grabavoy, Taylor etc) take advantage of Shea's apparent inability to play defense (always a quality I look in my fullbacks, how about you?). Even Williams likes to get up on the right a lot, will Shea even play enough defense to stop Williams' crosses for Villa and friends?