Ccc Nycfc V Orlando Discussion

Reactions: Kyle Wilkie
Wish I saw the game, I've been in Costa Rica for the past 3 weeks, I'll be down here for another two weeks until it stops snowing in Brooklyn. There is no wifi thats decent enough to get a good stream, I've been downloading Arsenal vs Crystal Palace for 12 hours now :(

Great critiques though guys, thanks for giving the rest of us a good feel of how the game went.

I've been thinking about the past two games, and Kreis' comments that this past game was problematic due to an "arrogance" in trying to play out of every spot. I got the impression that Otown and Brondby were trying to clog the midfield, by playing the forwards near midfield in defense and asking our defenders to dribble far up and try to pass into a mess. I wonder if Kreis wants them to bomb a few long balls in response to that formation?

Any one have a theory on why we haven't been able to get through midfield in past two games?

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2015/02/23/behind-scenes-nycfc-vs-orlando-city?autoplay=true

1. How awesome is Villa, looks like a true captain for us.
2. How sweet does Shelton's goal look from this angle?

Villa is what I expect. Which is a positive.
Shelton's goal does look much better from that angle. On the live feed it looked to me like more of a defensive breakdown where he ran past them because they were out of position and sleeping. Here you can see them tussling with him all the way. Nicely done by him.

Hey Kyle, great post i'm enjoying the blog. Just curious, what is it that got you interested in NYCFC? I think it's great we are picking up fans from around the world. Really exciting for the future of the club.
Hi there! Thanks I'm glad there's people out there enjoying it!, I think it's the new movement and outlay of the club which I personally find very interesting. The club is very clever with it's media coverage of the club, even before we had a team they worked really well. Everything sounded so appealing to me, being a keen football fan myself and then seeing the opportunity to be part of this was a no brainer and my excitement has got greater throughout the past year! Yes exactly, was great to be able to see them play over here! Was worth the 9 hour drive to make it there!
Also as you see on here we have a lot of different fans from all over the world getting together on here! It's quality that a club that's only just starting up is having this big an impact socially

Reactions: FCRU
I've been thinking about the past two games, and Kreis' comments that this past game was problematic due to an "arrogance" in trying to play out of every spot. I got the impression that Otown and Brondby were trying to clog the midfield, by playing the forwards near midfield in defense and asking our defenders to dribble far up and try to pass into a mess. I wonder if Kreis wants them to bomb a few long balls in response to that formation?

Any one have a theory on why we haven't been able to get through midfield in past two games?
In the second half with the flat 4-4-2 the team seemed to have a little more success. It could also have been personnel changes, and calming the team down a bit. Having Villa in the midfield with two viable targets up top in Taylor and Shelton helped.

In the second half with the flat 4-4-2 the team seemed to have a little more success. It could also have been personnel changes, and calming the team down a bit. Having Villa in the midfield with two viable targets up top in Taylor and Shelton helped.
I don't know if we have the right players for the diamond, but i really don't think we have the right guys for a flat 442. Who can play the wide MF spots? I'm thinking the team might be set up best for a 433, since we suddenly have too many good forwards, and that can give us a little more help in front of the back line

Great meeting fellow NYCFC fans at the CCC this weekend! I was hoping there would be a little more support but it is a long trip to see a match that is happening again very soon. Orlando had a pretty big crew and they got a bit agressive. I hope we can show a ton of support at the opener against them. If you watched the match and saw two guys in city blue blazers then you saw us. Looking forward to the season and meeting any and all NYCFC fans!

I don't know if we have the right players for the diamond, but i really don't think we have the right guys for a flat 442. Who can play the wide MF spots? I'm thinking the team might be set up best for a 433, since we suddenly have too many good forwards, and that can give us a little more help in front of the back line
We have players that can play wide but I'm not convinced we have many wide players except maybe Villa. Velasquez, Grabavoy and Mix can play wide, so can Taylor and Mullins, but they are mainly CMs or strikers. A flat midfield with 2 CMs is a good use of the roster, and two strikers work too. But then there is no defensive mid helping the poor defense and again, no wide players to truly utilize that position much. Am I reading it wrong?

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT