Domènec Torrent Appointed NYCFC Head Coach (June '18) / Mutually Agree to Part Ways (November '19)

What Are Your Thoughts on Torrent as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Displeased

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
You're right, I don't appreciate it. I think there are a few people on here who feel wronged somehow by CFG and are determined to find fault in everything they do. But you guys are a tiny minority. Most of the concerns raised by people on here are things that barely register with 90, maybe 95% of our fanbase? I'm sure season ticket sales will continue to trend lower, and I'm just as sure that the vast majority of reasons for that have nothing to do with the things we whine about on here.

There are some legitimate issues, but if they're enough for you to start saying you wished you were a Metrostars fan instead, then I'm sorry, that's a level of fan entitlement that I can't sign up to.

So if it’s not the price of the tickets, lack of stadium news, general mismanagement, poor communication with fans or other issues we’ve already identified- what are the reasons for the consistent decline?

What are the causes in your mind that cause the decline of STH sales that we aren’t aware of?

Last edited:
Reactions: NYCFC_JD and Ulrich
So if it’s not the price of the tickets, lack of stadium news, general mismanagement, poor communication with fans or other issues we’ve already identified- what are the reasons for the consistent decline?

What are the causes in your mind that cause the decline of STH sales that we aren’t aware of?

General mismanagement? We're one of the best teams in the league! For the second year in a row!

It's that kind of hysteria that I'm referring to - here, in a thread full of people complaining that our manager hasn't arrived in time, on the day he arrives in time.

I can't pretend to have any expert insight into why season ticket sales are down but I can at least admit that some of my own personal complaints with the setup (single game ticket prices, inconsistent transparency, lack of fan representation on club decisions) are likely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Daily updates on the stadium search ("Day 812 - still no stadium. See you tomorrow") or blanket coverage from the club's media team might be nice for us, but I somehow doubt it'll help me shift my second season ticket, let alone convince the New York Post that we exist.

You really don’t get it. I may not agree with you but I understand why we disagree. I don’t think anyone could objectively say the same for you.
Don’t even bother. There is always one person that assumes they are the Voice of Reason and know better than everybody else while offering nothing more than a contrarian view for the sake of belittling others.

General mismanagement? We're one of the best teams in the league! For the second year in a row!

It's that kind of hysteria that I'm referring to - here, in a thread full of people complaining that our manager hasn't arrived in time, on the day he arrives in time.

I can't pretend to have any expert insight into why season ticket sales are down but I can at least admit that some of my own personal complaints with the setup (single game ticket prices, inconsistent transparency, lack of fan representation on club decisions) are likely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Daily updates on the stadium search ("Day 812 - still no stadium. See you tomorrow") or blanket coverage from the club's media team might be nice for us, but I somehow doubt it'll help me shift my second season ticket, let alone convince the New York Post that we exist.

So basically you have no clue why STH purchases are down but you are certain none of the reasons we mentioned are among them.

By general management- i’m talking about FO Operations not related to player performance-like the decision to switch to StubHub.

Reactions: NYCFC_JD and Ulrich
So basically you have no clue why STH purchases are down but you are certain none of the reasons we mentioned are among them.

By general management- i’m talking about FO Operations not related to player performance-like the decision to switch to StubHub.

Oh the StubHub thing was terrible. Complain about that one as much as you want.

I will say that in my own personal dealings with the front office they've been first class. Puts my team back home to shame. If I was going to characterize how they handle business, "general mismanagement" wouldn't be it.

And it's not as if I have "no clue" as to why season ticket sales are down - I only said I don't have any expert insight. Clearly there are a few on here who think they do - I just think they're over-reacting. None of my fairweather fan friends have ever complained to me about the things we whine about on here. That's because this is a hive of borderline sociopaths who are so thirsty for this goddamn team that we freak out when a generally well-run organization doesn't cater to our every need.

To illustrate what I mean and to bring this back to Torrent: Yes - I would have liked our manager to be here sooner. No - I don't think that was due to front office incompetence. Yes - I find the silence from the club on this a bit irritating. No - I don't think it suggests an indifferent front office which poses an existential threat to my support.

Just think - it could always be worse. We could be Orlando. How's their manager transition going?

Oh the StubHub thing was terrible. Complain about that one as much as you want.

I will say that in my own personal dealings with the front office they've been first class. Puts my team back home to shame. If I was going to characterize how they handle business, "general mismanagement" wouldn't be it.

And it's not as if I have "no clue" as to why season ticket sales are down - I only said I don't have any expert insight. Clearly there are a few on here who think they do - I just think they're over-reacting. None of my fairweather fan friends have ever complained to me about the things we whine about on here. That's because this is a hive of borderline sociopaths who are so thirsty for this goddamn team that we freak out when a generally well-run organization doesn't cater to our every need.

To illustrate what I mean and to bring this back to Torrent: Yes - I would have liked our manager to be here sooner. No - I don't think that was due to front office incompetence. Yes - I find the silence from the club on this a bit irritating. No - I don't think it suggests an indifferent front office which poses an existential threat to my support.

Just think - it could always be worse. We could be Orlando. How's their manager transition going?

1. You still can’t give one reason for the decline that we haven’t mentioned.
2. You can’t give any reason why our reasons are invalid. Instead, you only offer the idea that some people feel entitled when they shouldn’t. If that’s true, it has nothing to do with with the truthfulness of my/their argument.
3. Sociopaths-you obviously have no idea what the word means.
4. I disagree with you premise that NYCFC is generally well run. The team has performed well, yes. Everything else- no.
5. Torrent- you still don’t get it. The lack of communication here wasn’t the problem. The fact that is part of a larger trend is. If this were an isolated incident, wouldn’t be so big of a deal.
6. It could always be worse- yes. We could also not have a club. But we do and I paid for season tickets so I actually damn well entitled to get pissed about the fact that i’m Paying too much, we still have no plans for a stadium, club communication sucks and reselling my already worthless tickets is damn near impossible.

Why am I entitled?? because I paid for season tickets. If you don’t vote, don’t bitch. Except I voted and paid for the privilege to do it. So instead of shitting on people who don’t agree with you, try to understand that while you don’t agree, it doesn’t mean they don’t have the right or good reason to be unhappy. Only one good reason is needed- we pay more than we should and that’s a fact as per the resale value.

If our unhappiness frustrates you cause we’re not as loyal as your other friends, I have to be honest- I don’t give a shit.

here, in a thread full of people complaining that our manager hasn't arrived in time, on the day he arrives in time.

Pretty sure the complaint wasn't about how long the visa was taking but the total silence since his hiring (and, like SanBartG SanBartG said, the larger pattern of silence). A sudden photo of Torrent on the practice field only underscores the problem.

Last edited:
1. You still can’t give one reason for the decline that we haven’t mentioned.
2. You can’t give any reason why our reasons are invalid. Instead, you only offer the idea that some people feel entitled when they shouldn’t. If that’s true, it has nothing to do with with the truthfulness of my/their argument.
3. Sociopaths-you obviously have no idea what the word means.
4. I disagree with you premise that NYCFC is generally well run. The team has performed well, yes. Everything else- no.
5. Torrent- you still don’t get it. The lack of communication here wasn’t the problem. The fact that is part of a larger trend is. If this were an isolated incident, wouldn’t be so big of a deal.
6. It could always be worse- yes. We could also not have a club. But we do and I paid for season tickets so I actually damn well entitled to get pissed about the fact that i’m Paying too much, we still have no plans for a stadium, club communication sucks and reselling my already worthless tickets is damn near impossible.

Why am I entitled?? because I paid for season tickets. If you don’t vote, don’t bitch. Except I voted and paid for the privilege to do it. So instead of shitting on people who don’t agree with you, try to understand that while you don’t agree, it doesn’t mean they don’t have the right or good reason to be unhappy. Only one good reason is needed- we pay more than we should and that’s a fact as per the resale value.

If our unhappiness frustrates you cause we’re not as loyal as your other friends, I have to be honest- I don’t give a shit.

Fair enough. Honest people can disagree, but I personally feel that the club has handled this managerial transition (wasn't that what we were talking about?) pretty damn well. I've certainly seen a lot worse.

When it comes to season tickets etc, we probably agree on more than you think, even if I don't see the club in the same disastrous terms as you do. You've clearly had a bad experience and that sucks - your concerns are far from invalid. But just as you're entitled to complain about what you see as major problems, I'm entitled to call out what I see as excessive negativity.

I don't want to deny anyone's right to complain - that's why we're here after all. But I think it's worth acknowledging every now and again that the club doesn't always have to cater to our needs and expectations as NYCFC obsessives in order to succeed. And likewise our personal outrage at certain things doesn't always herald disaster for this team, on or off the field.

Also, you made me google the word "sociopath", so now my ad algorithms are gonna be screwed for weeks, all for the sake of a bad self-deprecating joke. These forums, honestly.

Pretty sure the complaint wasn't about how long the visa was taking but the total silence since his hiring
Huh?
So I’m legit pissed at this point that we don’t have a manager actually present to direct our squad.

This is some bush league shit, regardless what I said before. I’ve never heard of such a horrendous bumblefuck of a hire/implementation.

It should be a requirement of all CFG personnel to have U.S. work permits.

With the number of names that got floated from CFG for the job I wouldn't be at all surprised based on past experiences if things got slowed down for a number of different dumb bureaucratic reasons. Did they have a number of internal candidates that wanted the job and they burned weeks considering each of them or at least pretending to in order to keep people happy? Since we have seen that the decision making powers are anything but centralized was there disagreement internally that took time to sort out?

As I've said elsewhere, the silence was a bit weird. But I'm not as bothered by the club's media strategy as some people are.

Reactions: gbservis
Huh?

As I've said elsewhere, the silence was a bit weird. But I'm not as bothered by the club's media strategy as some people are.

I could pull a bunch of quotes from this thread to illustrate my point, but since the one you replied to included "lack of stadium news" and "poor communication with fans" I'm just going to assume you're being disingenuous.