Fútbol Mexicano

Z4CH3B99

Borracho Aficionado
Aug 5, 2014
Seeing how every other league seems to have its own thread in the other football I decided to create one for the league that led me to fall in love with the sport of football.

I'm originally from Chihuahua, Mexico. I lived in a border town in Chihuahua for about 7 years before I moved to Mexico City.

Growing up my grandparents on my mom's side of the family had season tickets to América games. They had 4 seats in the middle of the bottom bowl of the Azteca almost directly across from the corner flag. My grandparents would always take my cousin and I to games on Friday and Saturday nights. I remember the electric atmosphere of the Azteca as América raced up and down the field. The fans never stopped cheering and hardly anyone ever sat down. Going to these games made me grow to love football more and more each and every time that I went. I still go to games whenever I am in Mexico City.

Because of the many games that I attended at the Azteca, Club América is my favorite team in the Mexican first division. (Liga MX)

I also purchased season tickets for a brand new team in the Mexican second division. (Liga Acenso MX) The new team, FC Juárez (Bravos de FC Juárez), is based in the city where I was born. I still frequent this city whenever I am in Mexico.

FC Juárez logo:
image.jpg

Today I live in a border town in the United States and pay for the ridiculously overpriced "Latino" TV package so that I can watch Liga MX and Liga Ascenco MX in my native language when I'm in the United States.

Do any of you guys support a Mexican team are you even familiar with which teams are in Mexico? If not here's a list of all the teams currently playing in Mexico's top 2 divisions.

Liga MX: First Division
América
Atlas
Chiapas
Cruz Azul
Dorados de Sinaloa
Chivas de Guadalajara
León
Monterrey
Morelia
Pachucha
Puebla
Querétaro
Santos Laguna
Tigres
Xolos de Tijuana
Toluca
Pumas UNAM
Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz

Liga Ascenso MX: Second division
image.jpg

Current teams and table.

I don't watch as much Liga MX as I used to about8-10 years ago but I guess my "favorite" team would be america because I liked the name and I used them in FIFA.
1357352880_kanye-shrug.jpg

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
Current top half of the table in the first division:
image.jpg

Current bottom half of the table:

image.jpg

Liga MX has lots of good teams and players.

I enjoy monterrey, tigres, pachuca, santos, america, chivas and morelia.

Reactions: CTID
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A few action shots taken from my phone at the game I attended last night. The game featured FC Juárez and Necaxa and saw Necaxa winning 3-1.

Seeing how every other league seems to have its own thread in the other football I decided to create one for the league that led me to fall in love with the sport of football.

I'm originally from Chihuahua, Mexico. I lived in a border town in Chihuahua for about 7 years before I moved to Mexico City.

Growing up my grandparents on my mom's side of the family had season tickets to América games. They had 4 seats in the middle of the bottom bowl of the Azteca almost directly across from the corner flag. My grandparents would always take my cousin and I to games on Friday and Saturday nights. I remember the electric atmosphere of the Azteca as América raced up and down the field. The fans never stopped cheering and hardly anyone ever sat down. Going to these games made me grow to love football more and more each and every time that I went. I still go to games whenever I am in Mexico City.

Because of the many games that I attended at the Azteca, Club América is my favorite team in the Mexican first division. (Liga MX)

I also purchased season tickets for a brand new team in the Mexican second division. (Liga Acenso MX) The new team, FC Juárez (Bravos de FC Juárez), is based in the city where I was born. I still frequent this city whenever I am in Mexico.

FC Juárez logo:
View attachment 3199

Today I live in a border town in the United States and pay for the ridiculously overpriced "Latino" TV package so that I can watch Liga MX and Liga Ascenco MX in my native language when I'm in the United States.

Do any of you guys support a Mexican team are you even familiar with which teams are in Mexico? If not here's a list of all the teams currently playing in Mexico's top 2 divisions.

Liga MX: First Division
América
Atlas
Chiapas
Cruz Azul
Dorados de Sinaloa
Chivas de Guadalajara
León
Monterrey
Morelia
Pachucha
Puebla
Querétaro
Santos Laguna
Tigres
Xolos de Tijuana
Toluca
Pumas UNAM
Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz

Liga Ascenso MX: Second division
View attachment 3198
Current teams and table.
I dig that logo.

Chivas fan here, struggling with that team as well. The only difference between how nycfc and chivas is doing is that nycfc cant get relegated.

as for ascenso i dont have a team though i kinda sort follow coras a little bit since chivas sends some prospects there and see how they do or if they get minutes. but its hard to see games here in nyc.

Z4CH3B99 Z4CH3B99 why didnt they bring back "indios juarez" logo and name back? did some one have those rights to the name already?

Chivas fan here, struggling with that team as well. The only difference between how nycfc and chivas is doing is that nycfc cant get relegated.

as for ascenso i dont have a team though i kinda sort follow coras a little bit since chivas sends some prospects there and see how they do or if they get minutes. but its hard to see games here in nyc.

Z4CH3B99 Z4CH3B99 why didnt they bring back "indios juarez" logo and name back? did some one have those rights to the name already?
A 3rd division on team Indios de UACJ exists. That's why they couldn't be Indios.

They play in the same stadium as Los Bravos.

A 3rd division on team Indios de UACJ exists. That's why they couldn't be Indios.

They play in the same stadium as Los Bravos.

i knew of them, but just figured it was a separate ownership lead by their university not the same ones that had the old juarez logo.

also that third/ fourth division get s overlooked alot, i feel hidden gems are in that league though now that the first division have to have affiliates in that division may bring out some other prospects.

i knew of them, but just figured it was a separate ownership lead by their university not the same ones that had the old juarez logo.

also that third/ fourth division get s overlooked alot, i feel hidden gems are in that league though now that the first division have to have affiliates in that division may bring out some other prospects.
Yes, it's separate ownership led by the university. However, el federación fútbol mexicano wouldn't allow multiple Indios de Juarez.

It's a shame that the team is hardly supported by the general populace.

Yes, it's separate ownership led by the university. However, el federación fútbol mexicano wouldn't allow multiple Indios de Juarez.

It's a shame that the team is hardly supported by the general populace.

are they affiliated to the juarez team in in ascenso MX? would be great if they did so any good players can get "promoted" to that team

are they affiliated to the juarez team in in ascenso MX? would be great if they did so any good players can get "promoted" to that team
I'm not really sure if they're affiliated with each other. My guess would be that other than sharing a 22,000 seat stadium they're not affiliated with one another.

That's just my guess.

I also have no idea how good UACJ Indios is. There are no updated tables of 3rd division that I could fine.

I'm not really sure if they're affiliated with each other. My guess would be that other than sharing a 22,000 seat stadium they're not affiliated with one another.

That's just my guess.

I also have no idea how good UACJ Indios is. There are no updated tables of 3rd division that I could fine.

after some searching i found below.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/segundadivfmf

site: http://www.segundadivisionfmf.org.mx/

and it looks like they have a weekly online magazine

http://www.enascenso.com/

whoa, impressed, thats alot of coverage i think for a third/fourth division, got more info than Ascenso MX.

after some searching i found below.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/segundadivfmf

site: http://www.segundadivisionfmf.org.mx/

and it looks like they have a weekly online magazine

http://www.enascenso.com/

whoa, impressed, thats alot of coverage i think for a third/fourth division, got more info than Ascenso MX.
Thanks for finding all those links. They're awesome!

Anyway, I don't know anything about the league table of the Segunda División (3rd division) or when UACJ play. If I can I'll try and make it to one of their games and post a few pics on here.

Thanks for finding all those links. They're awesome!

Anyway, I don't know anything about the league table of the Segunda División (3rd division) or when UACJ play. If I can I'll try and make it to one of their games and post a few pics on here.

i assume that site has the schedule or the twitter account would let you know, i think it starts this weekend or next.

i assume that site has the schedule or the twitter account would let you know, i think it starts this weekend or next.
I've been looking at all of the links and I've been struggling to find anything that's incredibly helpful to me.

This is the only negative of Mexican football; it's almost impossible to find information about the lesser known teams and divisions.

Tigres

I will often watch Liga Mexicana on Univision because it is football even though my Spanish is merely conversational. I do love how the announcers call the game. Their passion and enthusiasm is excellent. Very much like they are singing as they do their broadcast.

Tigres

I will often watch Liga Mexicana on Univision because it is football even though my Spanish is merely conversational. I do love how the announcers call the game. Their passion and enthusiasm is excellent. Very much like they are singing as they do their broadcast.
Every game is called with passion by the commentators. It doesn't matter who's playing or what the standings are. It certainly makes watching the games on TV much more enjoyable.

Do you guys have any favorite players in the Mexican leagues?

My favorites are Oribe Peralta, Darwin Quintero, and most of America's roster.

I also a fan of Yair Urbina who plays keeper for FC Juárez. I got to meet him after the game I went to.

Reactions: CTID