Fútbol Mexicano

Every game is called with passion by the commentators. It doesn't matter who's playing or what the standings are. It certainly makes watching the games on TV much more enjoyable.

For this reason I chose to often watch World Cup games in Español.

Do you guys have any favorite players in the Mexican leagues?

My favorites are Oribe Peralta, Darwin Quintero, and most of America's roster.

I also a fan of Yair Urbina who plays keeper for FC Juárez. I got to meet him after the game I went to.

I like Maza Rodrigues, Jesús Dueñas, Guillermo Martínez. Used to like Hercules Gomez because he was a USMNT player until I learned he is a completely pompous a-hole whose skills dont match his ego.

I like Pachuca also mainly because when I play Streets to Stadiums mode on FIFA they offer me a professional contract often times when I turn pro.

For this reason I chose to often watch World Cup games in Español.
I hope you weren't watching the Russia vs. Korea match on Univision. The commentators were talking about other matches and their Twitter feeds.

América ganó el partido versus Santos Laguna 2-0! Benedetto marca 2 goles para los Águilas!

Veracruz y Querétaro atado 2-2.

América ganó el partido versus Santos Laguna 2-0! Benedetto marca 2 goles para los Águilas!

Veracruz y Querétaro atado 2-2.

caixinha gone, so now what for the champions?

as for my chivas another loss :( gonna be long two seasons.

caixinha gone, so now what for the champions?

as for my chivas another loss :( gonna be long two seasons.
What's going on down in Guadalajara? Has Chivas forgotten how to develope talented players or is their Mexican only player policy coming back to bite them in the butt?

What's going on down in Guadalajara? Has Chivas forgotten how to develope talented players or is their Mexican only player policy coming back to bite them in the butt?

their youth system is fine i think, they still win youth tournaments, and were still doing ok in the U20/ U17 tourneys. The problem is that they are rushed to the first team and expected to produce ( for example fierro, kid has already 100 games under his belt and only 21) and they are obviously too green. The way i see it is they got bunch of 18-22 yr olds and the rest are 30+ there arent many players in between to help and guide these kids once they are in the first team.

thats why team is so unstable, no spending to fill that age gap is costing them.

their youth system is fine i think, they still win youth tournaments, and were still doing ok in the U20/ U17 tourneys. The problem is that they are rushed to the first team and expected to produce ( for example fierro, kid has already 100 games under his belt and only 21) and they are obviously too green. The way i see it is they got bunch of 18-22 yr olds and the rest are 30+ there arent many players in between to help and guide these kids once they are in the first team.

thats why team is so unstable, no spending to fill that age gap is costing them.
You think they need to spend some money on players between ages 24-30 in order to help stabilize the team?

I haven't been watching them very closely recently and therefore don't really know what's been happening down in their camp.

You think they need to spend some money on players between ages 24-30 in order to help stabilize the team?

I haven't been watching them very closely recently and therefore don't really know what's been happening down in their camp.

thats my feel, they were supposedly going after gullit peña and montes ( couple tournaments ago when leon was going thru a slump) and mier from monterrey but vergara said that leon and monterrey were over pricing them :rolleyes:

instead he gets scraps or gets maybe one good enough player thats an improvement.

I mean right now its great i guess bravo is scoring but sad at the same time there seems to be no one else scoring. the kids are still too green though we do have good prospects but still they are that prospects, not ideal in a relegation battle.

thats my feel, they were supposedly going after gullit peña and montes ( couple tournaments ago when leon was going thru a slump) and mier from monterrey but vergara said that leon and monterrey were over pricing them :rolleyes:

instead he gets scraps or gets maybe one good enough player thats an improvement.

I mean right now its great i guess bravo is scoring but sad at the same time there seems to be no one else scoring. the kids are still too green though we do have good prospects but still they are that prospects, not ideal in a relegation battle.
How close do you think that they are to going down? I've followed Mexican football my entire life and I still can't quite figure out the rather confusing promotion and relegation system.

are they affiliated to the juarez team in in ascenso MX? would be great if they did so any good players can get "promoted" to that team
I have confirmed that they are not affiliated with one another at all.

Bravos de FC Juarez are owned and operated by Alejandra De La Vega. De La Vega is a former high level official in the Mexican football federation.

UACJ Indios de Juarez are owned and operated by University Autonomous of Cd. Juarez.
The goal for this season is promotion to the Ascenso MX.

I'm hoping that UACJ gains promotion so that there is twice as much 2nd division football being played in Juarez. There'd be a game in Juarez every weekend featuring one of the two teams.

How close do you think that they are to going down? I've followed Mexican football my entire life and I still can't quite figure out the rather confusing promotion and relegation system.

it literally changes week to week with the whole "averages" thing going on, the averages basically i think points / games played. whomever has the least gets relegated. they are either last or second to last though morelia has been dropping so the battle now is between chivas, dorados and morelia. unless someone falls so hard that they join those three.
I have confirmed that they are not affiliated with one another at all.

Bravos de FC Juarez are owned and operated by Alejandra De La Vega. De La Vega is a former high level official in the Mexican football federation.

UACJ Indios de Juarez are owned and operated by University Autonomous of Cd. Juarez.
The goal for this season is promotion to the Ascenso MX.

I'm hoping that UACJ gains promotion so that there is twice as much 2nd division football being played in Juarez. There'd be a game in Juarez every weekend featuring one of the two teams.

i dont know if UACJ is better off getting promoted. knowing how many teams disappear in mexican footie ( see the whole episode of chiapas, san luis, la piedad when they got promoted). i fear if they get promoted they will dissolve or sell their spot to another ownership group that will relocate the team. i prefer them staying in segunda AND obtaining some sort of affiliation with the juarez team in ascenso mx.

it literally changes week to week with the whole "averages" thing going on, the averages basically i think points / games played. whomever has the least gets relegated. they are either last or second to last though morelia has been dropping so the battle now is between chivas, dorados and morelia. unless someone falls so hard that they join those three.

i dont know if UACJ is better off getting promoted. knowing how many teams disappear in mexican footie ( see the whole episode of chiapas, san luis, la piedad when they got promoted). i fear if they get promoted they will dissolve or sell their spot to another ownership group that will relocate the team. i prefer them staying in segunda AND obtaining some sort of affiliation with the juarez team in ascenso mx.
I don't think they'll vanish off the face of the earth if they get promoted. They've had a good ownership group for quite a while now and I don't expect them to go anywhere should they be promoted. It would increase competition in Juarez if they get promoted and it'll be a great experience to go to a "derby" game.

I don't think they'll vanish off the face of the earth if they get promoted. They've had a good ownership group for quite a while now and I don't expect them to go anywhere should they be promoted. It would increase competition in Juarez if they get promoted and it'll be a great experience to go to a "derby" game.

i dont know, i have seen good ownership groups go down the drain when they get promoted to ascneso, some end up selling their spot so well see. But the problem is that not many know University team do they? i think everyone knows the ascenso mx team now more i assume.

i dont know, i have seen good ownership groups go down the drain when they get promoted to ascneso, some end up selling their spot so well see. But the problem is that not many know University team do they? i think everyone knows the ascenso mx team now more i assume.
No, many people support the team because it's a professional team that's in Juarez. The ascenso MX team is currently the new shiny toy. It's not as if people would stop supporting UACJ. Especially if Bravos performance is below average this year and UACJ gets promoted.

Querétaro y Cruz Azul kick off viernes de fútbol en Univisión deportes.

Timbers and Dynamo are the night cap game afterwards.

Querétaro y Cruz Azul kick off viernes de fútbol en Univisión deportes.

Timbers and Dynamo are the night cap game afterwards.
Querétaro destroyed Cruz Azul by a score of 4-2

In truth the game should have ended 4-1, but Cruz Azul were able to net a consolation goal at the end of the game.

America defeated Veracruz 3-1 in the early matchup of Saturday football on Univision.

Monterrey and Santos are being delayed due to technical difficulties at the stadium in Monterrey. Not sure exactly what's going on.

America defeated Veracruz 3-1 in the early matchup of Saturday football on Univision.

Monterrey and Santos are being delayed due to technical difficulties at the stadium in Monterrey. Not sure exactly what's going on.

so much for "estadio de primer mundo" lol

sigh my chivas are closer to relegation than ever. but ill be there looking for streams for ascenso mx games if it comes to that.