Fútbol Mexicano

The final score was 2-1 in favor of América!

The game was drama filled with both teams down to 10 men at the final whistle. It was just about everything you could hope for from a rivalry game.

and they say monterrey vs tigres is the best rivalry in mexico :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Z4CH3B99

I would definitely recommend taking a look at this video about the American fans who travel to Tijuana to root on the Xolos to victory.

Mexico up 2-0 in the first half with goals by Chichadios and Hirving Lozano!

Canada has been playing fairly well and should have scored at least 1 goal by now. Thankfully their finishing ability has been downright dreadful!

Good to see Mexico showing why they're the Kings of Concacaf ...
Idk if Canada is really a good litmus test for the strength of the Mexican national team.

No disrespect to Canada, but they aren't on the same level as Mexico, the USA, or Panama/Costa Rica.

Jesus "Tecatito" Corona adds 1 more in the second half as Mexico goes on to beat Canada 3-0 in Vancouver.

Idk if Canada is really a good litmus test for the strength of the Mexican national team.

No disrespect to Canada, but they aren't on the same level as Mexico, the USA, or Panama/Costa Rica.

It wasn't just because of the Canada game that I made the comment. Gold Cup Champions, reigning Olympic Gold medalist, beating th US in the Concacaf Cup, handling Canada like there supposed to etc ..

Well, it certainly looks like a passion filled game! I might have to stop buy for a Clasico between the two teams if I'm in Monterrey when they play one another.

the atmosphere is great just that the games themselves have been...meh. and its hard to figure out why...both have pretty good players.

Large contingent of Mexican fans in Vancouver for tonight's Mexico vs. Canada WQC match!

i read that 200 of the PVA group made the trip from different parts of the US. also lots of cali fans made trip, the rest i assume are local population?

felt 60/40 in favor of canada from the TV.

It wasn't just because of the Canada game that I made the comment. Gold Cup Champions, reigning Olympic Gold medalist, beating th US in the Concacaf Cup, handling Canada like there supposed to etc ..

true but there have been many times in past cycles they have not beaten who they are "supposed to" cant get ahead of themselves have to finish the job on tuesday so then the last two WCQ are used by osorio to try out tactics or maybe try out some more of the olympic squad kids.

Mexico up 2-0 in the first half with goals by Chichadios and Hirving Lozano!

Canada has been playing fairly well and should have scored at least 1 goal by now. Thankfully their finishing ability has been downright dreadful!

yes they had 1 ( or two i forget) clear chances before mexico's first goal. i was happy it wasnt larin the one doing the final shot since as we have seen here in MLS ( and against us nycfc sadly :() he is a good finisher.

Copa 90 Piece on the city of Juarez, Chihuahua and the affect that fútbol has had on the city.

Reactions: Fantazma
Mexico up 2-0 on Canada early in the second half at the Azteca.

The home side, in their new threads, have been totally dominant thus far.