General MLS Discussion

Carles Gil: Not a fan of snow games

As for New England, they got so lucky last year in regards to all the 1-goal games they won. Plus Matt Turner is injured now and will be gone this summer. I doubt they miss the playoffs, but they are definitely due a major regression. They were not as good as their regular-season record was last year.

As for New England, they got so lucky last year in regards to all the 1-goal games they won. Plus Matt Turner is injured now and will be gone this summer. I doubt they miss the playoffs, but they are definitely due a major regression. They were not as good as their regular-season record was last year.

the analytics guys had it as NE achieved 20 (yes 20!) more points than their expected points last year. That’s incredible.

• Wow
Reactions: moogoo
Carles Gil: Not a fan of snow games

poor guy. he's so angry. lol

snow is slippery sure and it's difficult to see the lines. but otherwise, how is it different than playing in the rain? we don't postpone games because it's too hot and humid or the field is at too high altitude or whatever.

if he wants to play in nice weather all the time, he should have stayed in spain.

You're saying last year Revs had a lot of luck and this year they are regressing toward the mean.

Last year, we had a bad luck where we lost games at the death or on bangers out of no where. So maybe our luck will change this year where we don't lose at the death (i know we did already vs LAG but that's just one time).

My point is that NYCFC has so far within three games shown nothing that shows me that this will change... Especially losing to LAG late, whereas NER already within the first few games of the season have begun to show cracks.

That being said, it would be great if we fixed the issues on our side hah

I was looking ahead at the overall schedule and current standings.
Of Seattle's 8 interconference games, they play the current bottom 6 teams in the East. ATL, CIN, TOR, MIA, CLT, MTL. Of those, at least 3 are pretty certain to stay bad all year (CIN, MIA, CLT), and probably at least 1 (maybe both)of the Canadian teams will stay near the bottom. Atlanta is just a slow start with injuries plus they play Charlotte today. Seattle also plays Chicago and Orlando, but not NYCFC, New England or Philadelphia (or CLB, RB, or DC).
But that has to be the easiest interconference draw possible for a West team.

Also we're in playoff position now.

Last edited:
I was looking ahead at the overall schedule and current standings.
Of Seattle's 8 interconference games, they play the current bottom 6 teams in the East. ATL, CIN, TOR, MIA, CLT, MTL. Of those, at least 3 are pretty certain to stay bad all year (CIN, MIA, CLT), and probably at least 1 (maybe both)of the Canadian teams will stay near the bottom. Atlanta is just a slow start with injuries plus they play Charlotte today. They also play Chicago and Orlando, but not NYCFC, New England or Philadelphia (or CLN, RB, or DC).
But that has to be the easiest interconference draw possible for a West team.

Also we're in playoff position now.

RSL ruined MLSs plans to make Seattle a dynasty story last year so they're trying so hard to make it happen this year

Reactions: MumonA
epic “why are we playing in the snow” rant

giphy.gif

and
giphy.gif

Reactions: JCMore
I love the Gil rant.

What I love even more is the follow up question by the reporter, who clearly didn’t have any idea he might answer the way he did and had no ability to adjust on the fly.

I love the Gil rant.

What I love even more is the follow up question by the reporter, who clearly didn’t have any idea he might answer the way he did and had no ability to adjust on the fly.

what I love about this is that Gil rants about how this isn’t football and it means nothing and then the reporter calmly asks him: “so what can you take from this game?” And he goes right back to “nothing!” Lol