Historic First ever playoff appearance!

BEAR HANDS for BARE HANDS!! AWESOME!!
5130360.jpg

OKAY ! So you must not be a member of The Syndicate/Thread Police here then! Cause i'v had post removed and been harassed by this Organisation a number of times! I ask cause it seems like you would be among theses Higher Ups? We have to watch what we say and do Right?? Even Though This Is Soccer! And NY!! Really?? It's okay for me to be called a dried up ***** bitch on the Shout Box!! Now the C word Come On!!! Even I Have My Limits with people Even When They are Well Deserved Pigeon Shits!! So to close since you are of Senior Membership and a Staff Member i see i sure hope you use what ever small power you have to make a change!!! No One Should Have to make an Apology or now Worry about a thread post!!! Maybe you could use a hand from Goodfella ! Cause i wanted to make a thread of Forum Members i could Strangle with my bear hands! But never did thinking this was best not to do so! Glad i took my own advice! Good Luck to you in the Future ! Just like the Team with the Play Offs!!
Uhm you take things way too literally. Shoutbox isn't something we can monitor constantly as it moves fast. Often times I have to stream the game on my phone as I don't live in NYC and can't even monitor it at all.
Threatening members in a post over Pirlo or going ape shit over the word 'pigeon' is a bit absurd. If someone ever does something to you against TOS it will be addressed. But often times you bring attention to yourself with over the top posts.

Uhm you take things way too literally. Shoutbox isn't something we can monitor constantly as it moves fast. Often times I have to stream the game on my phone as I don't live in NYC and can't even monitor it at all.
Threatening members in a post over Pirlo or going ape shit over the word 'pigeon' is a bit absurd. If someone ever does something to you against TOS it will be addressed. But often times you bring attention to yourself with over the top posts.
Pigeon shit 11!!!1!1!!1!1

Uhm you take things way too literally. Shoutbox isn't something we can monitor constantly as it moves fast. Often times I have to stream the game on my phone as I don't live in NYC and can't even monitor it at all
See this is what happens when a girl shows support or speaks her mind ! More Hate!! I Can Not Understand How Those on this Forum have a Problem with Ape Shit or whatever else?? THIS IS SOCCER PEOPLE! Not Golf or some other boring ass sport where we Use Our In Door Voices!!.......SOCCER/FOOTBALL !! Kill or Be Killed! LOVE YOUR COLORS! Defend your Players to the Death! Bleed for your Team! Scream till you have no voice!! SUPPORT and LOVE to the Day You Die No Matter What!! Wear a Scarf in your casket along with a Jersey Thrown in!! Be the 12th Man on the Pitch 24/7 365!! and this is Just a Mild Start!! How can you people tell me i'm wrong or not have some of theses feelings for Fuck's Sake?? This Sport and All That it is then is Not For You!! This Team is in the Play Offs in its infancy with The Best Captain in the MLS !! So if we win i guess this means a cup of tea with one of those little sandwiches white gloves and a smile if that's not asking to much!! This is the Reason i hope to God if we do go all the way i want David , Frank and my Precious Andrea to Hit this and Quit This!! AMEN!!

Reactions: joe and Kevin
I know that Toronto and the RB punted some points, but wow were those 6 points in missed gimmees Mendoza punted in last few minutes of those three games crucial and bye-worthy.

Montreal - 91'
Orlando - 94'
Columbus - 95'

Six points dropped in stoppage time. Otherwise would have basically had the first round bye sowed up.

(RBNY has dropped 18 points from leading positions this year. Why NYCFC can rue those 6 points, its a nightmare for RBNY to look back).

Red bulls play Union twice and Crew once. Plus have a game on Tuesday against Antigua. Hopefully they go into it with a full squad and are tired for Saturday.

RBNY basically just doesn't have to get blown out to stamp their ticket to CCL knockouts. No way they are starting their starting lineup. I am sure BWP, Sasha, Dax etc will all be on the bench.

Montreal - 91'
Orlando - 94'
Columbus - 95'

Six points dropped in stoppage time. Otherwise would have basically had the first round bye sowed up.

(RBNJ has dropped 18 points from leading positions this year. Why NYCFC can rue those 6 points, its a nightmare for RBNJ to look back).
How many of those points did RB give up in injury time - for me that's the bigger issue with NYCFC. It's one thing to allow a team to come back during the regular 90 min, but injury time is where it's all hands on deck emptying the tank to puke-your-guts-out levels of effort. I'm not sure (and I don't want to go look it up) that RB gave up as many points in injury time - since they so often were up by 2 goals, the comebacks were a product of the 90.

Reactions: Konrad
Montreal - 91'
Orlando - 94'
Columbus - 95'

(RBNJ has dropped 18 points from leading positions this year. Why NYCFC can rue those 6 points, its a nightmare for RBNJ to look back).

We've given up more from a leading position than just those 3, but you are correct that those were particularly bad and painful. I also don't think we've yet blown a 2-goal lead outside of that Orlando fiasco (EDIT - also at home against Toronto early in the year). RBNJ have done that six times, I think.

Some other leads lost - after a quickie check - RSL, @TOR, NE, TOR - 9 additional points dropped for a total of 15.

How many of those points did RB give up in injury time - for me that's the bigger issue with NYCFC. It's one thing to allow a team to come back during the regular 90 min, but injury time is where it's all hands on deck emptying the tank to puke-your-guts-out levels of effort. I'm not sure (and I don't want to go look it up) that RB gave up as many points in injury time - since they so often were up by 2 goals, the comebacks were a product of the 90.
Based on a quick scan, I've got the RB giving up tying goals in stoppage time against Columbus on 6/25 and DC on 9/11. So, I guess we "win" that contest. If you pull back to the 85th minute though, they also gave away a point against RSL on the 6/22 in the 87th and two points against LA on 8/7 in the 89th and Tor on 9/18 in the 86th.

I have no idea what the total number of points dropped in the last minutes of games is across the league, but suffice to say neither metro area team has been particularly stellar this year.

I could live with what we did in Columbus because we were, frankly, very lucky to ever be winning that match. The collapses against Mon and Orl earlier this year were gut punches to say the least.

Reactions: gbservis
Since the Yankees will not be making the playoffs this season - I wonder if/hope that the grounds crew can remove the pitcher's mound to widen our pitch at some point between their last home game 10/3 and the playoffs (or even better our last home game which is 3 weeks after the last Yankee game).

Funny, years ago I would have been saddened by the Yankees not making the playoffs - not NYCFC has me ready to grab a shovel, remove the mound myself, and lay some sod. We can have some beautiful grass within 3 weeks.

yankeestadiumsoccer1-getty.jpg

Since the Yankees will not be making the playoffs this season - I wonder if/hope that the grounds crew can remove the pitcher's mound to widen our pitch at some point between their last home game 10/3 and the playoffs (or even better our last home game which is 3 weeks after the last Yankee game).

Funny, years ago I would have been saddened by the Yankees not making the playoffs - not NYCFC has me ready to grab a shovel, remove the mound myself, and lay some sod. We can have some beautiful grass within 3 weeks.

View attachment 5817
[NVM, I'm dumb]

Last edited:
Based on a quick scan, I've got the RB giving up tying goals in stoppage time against Columbus on 6/25 and DC on 9/11. So, I guess we "win" that contest. If you pull back to the 85th minute though, they also gave away a point against RSL on the 6/22 in the 87th and two points against LA on 8/7 in the 89th and Tor on 9/18 in the 86th.

I have no idea what the total number of points dropped in the last minutes of games is across the league, but suffice to say neither metro area team has been particularly stellar this year.

I could live with what we did in Columbus because we were, frankly, very lucky to ever be winning that match. The collapses against Mon and Orl earlier this year were gut punches to say the least.
I believe we've allowed three games to be tied up (from a winning position) in regular time. Those suck, but that life in soccer. It's the stoppage time results that are a kick in the nuts.

Supposedly (according to other threads, anyway), it's the LF wall that's the problem, more than the mound. You can see it pretty well in the photo you posted.
The picture posted shows the field over the pitchers mound. It's the batters box that's covered.

View attachment 5817
We have not lost a match at Yankee Stadium since June 2nd. And my quick math says we have picked up 19 of our last 21 points at home, dropping points only to shield leading FCD.

It's clear that we have figured out how to take advantage of our field and I think now, as much as i'd love to see a wider field, is not a smart time to give up our advantage!

View attachment 5817

There's an (American) Football game being held on November 12 between Fordham and Holy Cross so leading up that game the pitcher's mound has to be removed.

Reactions: leilanikali420
We have not lost a match at Yankee Stadium since June 2nd. And my quick math says we have picked up 19 of our last 21 points at home, dropping points only to shield leading FCD.

It's clear that we have figured out how to take advantage of our field and I think now, as much as i'd love to see a wider field, is not a smart time to give up our advantage!
Agreed, in addition to other factors (crowd, no travel, etc.) being able to exploit familiarity with your home turf is the value of the advantage. You lose that by changing the dimensions.