Historic First ever playoff appearance!

We've been over this. The field shortens as we go towards the third base line and the pitcher's mound. This as good as you are going to get people.

In other words, to get a wider field, you have to accept a shorter field, apparently.

It's worth checking out what happens for college football. The orientation is actually quite different. Note that a college football field is 120 x 53, where our field is the FIFA minimum of 110 x 70. I don't think we could get to 70 yards wide using this orientation, even if we chopped 10 yards off the field length.

field.jpg

pinstripe-bowl-photo.jpg

I will add that it is exciting to contemplate coming to the stadium when it will have a better pitch, both in terms of what is covering the infield and in how the grass will be mowed to match the soccer lines.

Reactions: gbservis and Kjbert
If the baseball season is over, get the carpentry Union out there to remove the bullpen wall. Seriously. Get rid of that in left field and I think we can widen it a bit since the bullpen wall isn't perpendicular to the field.

Reactions: adam
If the baseball season is over, get the carpentry Union out there to remove the bullpen wall. Seriously. Get rid of that in left field and I think we can widen it a bit since the bullpen wall isn't perpendicular to the field.
I don't think we'll see any structural changes

Reactions: Kjbert
In other words, to get a wider field, you have to accept a shorter field, apparently.

It's worth checking out what happens for college football. The orientation is actually quite different. Note that a college football field is 120 x 53, where our field is the FIFA minimum of 110 x 70. I don't think we could get to 70 yards wide using this orientation, even if we chopped 10 yards off the field length.

field.jpg

pinstripe-bowl-photo.jpg

They don't add the extra seats on the field anymore. This was from the first football game.

I don't think we'll see any structural changes
Yeah, strongly doubt the Yankees will be taking apart the stadium for a few soccer games.
I'm sure you're right and it won't be touched, but how hard is it to remove that single wall? It's not dismantling of a seating area which is a bunch of steel/concrete - unless it's CMU block, that wall should actually be removable.

Reactions: adam
I'm not sure how much distance you can get in the bullpen area, but you would have to widen on the other end as well. Unless we can pull the diamond side of the pitch quite a ways towards the outfield* we would have to pull out some of the infield seating area as well, including filling in the bullpens, which the players enter from.
*Which would anger some fans whose seats went from midfield to closer to the box, and would also produce logistical challenges for the television producers.

Basically, the payoff from making any major changes to the stadium is not big enough to overcome all of the logistical challenges, let alone our home field advantage.

I'm not sure how much distance you can get in the bullpen area, but you would have to widen on the other end as well. Unless we can pull the diamond side of the pitch quite a ways towards the outfield* we would have to pull out some of the infield seating area as well, including filling in the bullpens, which the players enter from.
*Which would anger some fans whose seats went from midfield to closer to the box, and would also produce logistical challenges for the television producers.

Basically, the payoff from making any major changes to the stadium is not big enough to overcome all of the logistical challenges, let alone our home field advantage.
If there's one thing I know, it's spatial relationships. I realize this seating map may not be 100% correct, but if it's proportionally close, the only thing keeping the team from both widening and lengthening the field is the visitors bullpen wall - the middle of which curves and sets the boundary for that side of the field. Take that one wall out and the field can be lengthened about 6yrds and widened about the same. If the field's length stayed the same, it could be widened about 10yrds. It'd also make the environment a lot cozier for the fans in the right side outfield bleachers.

image.png

If there's one thing I know, it's spatial relationships. I realize this seating map may not be 100% correct, but if it's proportionally close, the only thing keeping the team from both widening and lengthening the field is the visitors bullpen wall - the middle of which curves and sets the boundary for that side of the field. Take that one wall out and the field can be lengthened about 6yrds and widened about the same. If the field's length stayed the same, it could be widened about 10yrds. It'd also make the environment a lot cozier for the fans in the right side outfield bleachers.

View attachment 5819
Ahhh I see. For some reason I was looking at the college football layout above.

If you go on MyAccountManager you can see your bill for playoff tickets. It's for the knockout round, conference semifinals, and conference finals.

If you click on continue on the main page and then view invoice on the left hand side you can see the breakdown. Pitchside and Legends prices do not change throughout the playoffs and the most expensive seats will be $425 each.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatNYC and 413Blue
If you go on MyAccountManager you can see your bill for playoff tickets. It's for the knockout round, conference semifinals, and conference finals.

If you click on continue on the main page and then view invoice on the left hand side you can see the breakdown. Pitchside and Legends prices do not change throughout the playoffs and the most expensive seats will be $425 each.
I have $160 due for my two tickets in the bleachers. Which roughly works out to ~$26/game. Pretty damn good price for playoff tickets.

If we get knocked out in round one, does the difference go towards next year's season ticket payment?

Is it possible to only buy a portion of seats held? Hold 2 seats, but want only 1; hold 3 seats but want only 2; etc? Doesn't look possible without talking to the rep (if that even makes it possible).

Really hoping we don't have to play the knockout match. One less tab to pay.

Is it possible to only buy a portion of seats held? Hold 2 seats, but want only 1; hold 3 seats but want only 2; etc? Doesn't look possible without talking to the rep (if that even makes it possible).

Really hoping we don't have to play the knockout match. One less tab to pay.
Yeah I'd give them a call and see what happens. Doesn't look like there are any options to change on your own.

My invoice is $190 for two seats in the second to lowest category (sec 232B) which works out to $31.67 a game. I'm interested to see what happens if we don't have to play the knockout game. Will they refund/credit 1/3 of the invoice, or will they differentiate pricing by each game and refund a lower amount for the first game?
I'm happy with the pricing, especially if we make it to the conference finals and the price increase is only ~40% higher than regular season prices!

Edit:
Conference Final Section 232B
Row 1
Seat xxxx 2 Playoff Tickets- City Member US $70.00
Conference Semi-Final Section 232B
Row 1
Seat xxxxx 2 Playoff Tickets- City Member US $60.00
Knockout Match Section 232B
Row 1
Seat xxxx 2 Playoff Tickets- City Member US $60.00