Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
We get a long break before our next match. Hopefully Jack comes out of it refreshed and ready to contribute again.
Wallace suspended for this one.

Matchday - Wednesday 7:30 Kickoff
YES, WFAN (online) and WQBU for coverage.

Reactions: Kjbert
Yeah, this one feels like it's gonna be rough. But hey, a game against the best D in the league missing a bunch of starters including Villa? Sounds familiar. Gonna be a 5-1 win!

But seriously, likely missing Ring, Herrera, and Villa. Definitely missing Chanot, Mata, and Wallace. We may have also lost White.

Yeah, this one feels like it's gonna be rough. But hey, a game against the best D in the league missing a bunch of starters including Villa? Sounds familiar. Gonna be a 5-1 win!

But seriously, likely missing Ring, Herrera, and Villa. Definitely missing Chanot, Mata, and Wallace. We may have also lost White.
I thought the same thing about this match. Can't speak for anyone else we're missing but perhaps another British player on our squad can pull off a hat trick?

a game against the best D in the league
image.jpeg

Our Johnson's the best D in the league.

Yangel Herrera was also called up for Venezuela.

So you are most likely missing: Ring, Herrera, Villa, White, Chanot, Mata, Wallace.

Are there even 18 players left on the roster? Or are they putting Lurch and Rawls on the bench to get 18?

By the way, there are no other MLS games that night. Which most likely means NYCFC is playing the day after the break ends because of the Yankees.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Yangel Herrera was also called up for Venezuela.

So you are most likely missing: Ring, Herrera, Villa, White, Chanot, Mata, Wallace.

Are there even 18 players left on the roster? Or are they putting Lurch and Rawls on the bench to get 18?

By the way, there are no other MLS games that night. Which most likely means NYCFC is playing the day after the break ends because of the Yankees.

At this point why not treat it as a throw away game. Jack looks gassed stick him on the bench and let him rest. Play all the bench guys, give Pirlo his send off, let's see what Awuah can do, lets see how Lewis does going 70+ min and starting against fresh legs. Heck at this point might as well give Sands a start and sign the Man U CB trailist to give Callens a break.

Last edited:
Minnesota did us a huge favor last night by beating Chicago and making our second place slot that much more secure. I hope PV uses this match to run out some of our fringe players or experiment with some different looks (like direct to Okoli as a target man, for example).

Reactions: Kjbert and The Toe
Minnesota did us a huge favor last night by beating Chicago and making our second place slot that much more secure. I hope PV uses this match to run out some of our fringe players or experiment with some different looks (like direct to Okoli as a target man, for example).
Does he have a choice?

I hope we get to see how bad awuah is since he can't beat out Michael Lopez

NYCFC Depth Chart vs. Sporting KC

Italics = players likely out due to national team duty
Strikeout = injuries or suspensions

Forward/Winger: Villa, Shelton, Okoli
Winger/Attacking Mid: Moralez, Harrison, Wallace, McNamara, Lewis, Camargo
Central Mid: Ring, Pirlo, Herrera, Lopez, Stertzer
Left Back: Sweat, Matarrita
Center Back: Chanot, Brillant, Callens, Sands, [Thorpe?]
Right Back: Allen, White
Utility Defender: Awuah
Goalkeeper: Johnson, Johansen, Rawls

Reactions: canchon and Kjbert
This is definitely the game to draw some blood. Start Sands, Lewis, and Thorpe. Give Awuah a chance. See if Moralez can play the wing.

Does anyone know how it works with Wallace and the suspension vs international duty? I know MLS has a rule where you can't be on international duty and serve the suspension at the same time, but wondered how it would work since this would I guess technically fall after the international dates. Does he have to be in NY or something like that?

Even though Lewis has been playing pretty well, would suck to lose Wallace for both SKC and Portland

Another point of this match. It will be televised on tape delay following the Yankees game so it will only be live on Fox Sports Go. With all the international duty, injuries, and suspensions, I think this is good. Because this game is going to be ugly, you don't want casual fans to watch this.

Another point of this match. It will be televised on tape delay following the Yankees game so it will only be live on Fox Sports Go. With all the international duty, injuries, and suspensions, I think this is good. Because this game is going to be ugly, you don't want casual fans to watch this.

I'm driving up from Philly that night just for this reason. F the Yankees (and I'm a Yankees fan).

Reactions: LionNYC
I'm driving up from Philly that night just for this reason. F the Yankees (and I'm a Yankees fan).
I dare you to wear your Yankees hat the morning of an Eagle's game while getting a cheesesteak at Pat's.

Status
Not open for further replies.