Home - 09/06 SKC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are playing for a scoreless draw here. KC has given up only 19 goals, best in the league, but they have scored only 31, near the bottom. The Reyna Special lineup isn't scoring on anyone, so you just clog everything up, bunker for 90 minutes and hope they don't get one in.

Bunker it in and hope Pirlo can drop dimes on the counter to a speedy Harrison or Lewis.

:tearsofjoy:

---Lewis--Okoli--Harrison----
------McNamara----Moralez--
---------------Pirlo-------------
-Sweat-Brillant-Callens-Allen-
-------------Johnson-------------

It will be interesting to see the play style here. We know that Pirlo doesn't work but you have to put him out there this game with Ring & Herrera out. I'm thinking Okoli gets the start with Villa out but can also see Harrison sliding into Villa's role and Khiry getting the start at RW. Whatever the case, these guys have to step up in a big way and show that they have the ability to perform without Villa performing miracles.
You don't have to play Pirlo when Sands is available.

Reactions: snugglefarts
Pirlo and Tommy will never play a game together. It's one thing to have them on at once but together is conceding the game.

With the guys we are missing, this is a game where I think we really have an opportunity to see what Jack can do in the midfield. My hopes aren't high for this one, so as some have said, lets get some guys that can run up top and play Pirlo and see what happens. My proposed lineup (though I'm not particularly high on it):

--Lewis----Okoli----Shelton--
--------Maxi---Harrison------
-------------Pirlo---------------
Sweat-Callens-Brillant-Allen
-----------Johnson------------

Feel free to rip it, I probably won't defend it, haha.

And after typing the above I realized I really do wanna see what Sands can do in this one. So perhaps have him in there instead of Pirlo.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
This is the game we just throw Shelton up top with Okoli and hope to get lucky on a long ball. We're not building anything out of the back.

Hence... Pirlo.

With the guys we are missing, this is a game where I think we really have an opportunity to see what Jack can do in the midfield. My hopes aren't high for this one, so as some have said, lets get some guys that can run up top and play Pirlo and see what happens. My proposed lineup (though I'm not particularly high on it):

--Lewis----Okoli----Shelton--
--------Maxi---Harrison------
-------------Pirlo---------------
Sweat-Callens-Brillant-Allen
-----------Johnson------------

Feel free to rip it, I probably won't defend it, haha.

And after typing the above I realized I really do wanna see what Sands can do in this one. So perhaps have him in there instead of Pirlo.

This is what I like. Alternative is Harrison back up top for Shelton and Sands next to Pirlo.

I dare you to wear your Yankees hat the morning of an Eagle's game while getting a cheesesteak at Pat's.

I wear a New York Football Giants T-Shirt from time to time (I've been here 4 weeks, so this has happened maybe 2 or 3 times). This is such a backwards city that people actually make comments about it.

Would never happen in a less parochial city like New York or DC or Miami. Only other city where I've had comments made in regards to my clothing was Boston.

Reactions: Ulrich
I wear a New York Football Giants T-Shirt from time to time (I've been here 4 weeks, so this has happened maybe 2 or 3 times). This is such a backwards city that people actually make comments about it.

Would never happen in a less parochial city like New York or DC or Miami.

I've never known a NY Giants fan to keep his mouth shut any time someone self-identifies as an Eagles fan.

self-identifies as an Eagles fan.

Is that different than someone who was raised as an Eagles fan their whole life? Look, if you were raised a Giants fan and just never felt comfortable with it, I get it. We only have one life to live, so live as the fan you want to be. I would hope another Giants fan, or even a Cowboys fan, would respect that.

So, game in two days, we're still screwed. Sands has to start, right? You don't have any defensive midfielder left with Lopez out injured. Unless you play Pirlo/Maxi/TMac or Harrison which has zero defensive bite whatsoever.

Gonna be ugly Wednesday night. And it looks like heavy thunderstorms as well. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.