Forward/Winger: Villa, Shelton, Okoli
Winger/Attacking Mid: Moralez, Harrison, Wallace, McNamara, Lewis, Camargo
Central Mid: Ring, Pirlo, Herrera, Lopez, Stertzer
Left Back: Sweat, Matarrita
Center Back: Chanot, Brillant, Callens, Sands, [Thorpe?]
Right Back: Allen, White
Utility Defender: Awuah
Goalkeeper: Johnson, Johansen, Rawls

You have 18 players counting all 3 goalkeepers (if you don't count any player in italics or with a line through them, and don't count the trialist).
Yikes.

I'd say play a MF of Sands-Lopez-Pirlo but then you have no defender on the bench except Awuah.

Reactions: Kjbert
Does anyone know how it works with Wallace and the suspension vs international duty? I know MLS has a rule where you can't be on international duty and serve the suspension at the same time, but wondered how it would work since this would I guess technically fall after the international dates. Does he have to be in NY or something like that?

All I see on the MLS site is
GAME SUSPENSION MANIPULATION: Players suspended from MLS Regular Season and Playoffs games that are called in for National Team duty will have their suspension(s) held in abeyance until they return from the full completion of their international duty.

So the "until they return" part may mean being in NY, but MLS so, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With White and Lopez just announced injured for approximately 4 weeks for both. What does the starting lineup look like now?

---Harrison--Okoli--Lewis----
------Moralez----McNamara--
---------------Sands-------------
-Sweat-Brillant-Callens-Allen-
-------------Johnson-------------

Bench: Johansen, Shelton, Stertzer, Pirlo, Awuah, Rawls, 5,000 City Points to be in the 18

With White and Lopez just announced injured for approximately 4 weeks for both. What does the starting lineup look like now?

Bench: Johansen, Shelton, Stertzer, Pirlo, Awuah, Rawls, 5,000 City Points to be in the 18
Lol fuck life.

Lopez was probably injured by KLawrence's redcard worthy scissor tackle from behind.

Now that we've announce Lopez is indeed injured, DisCo should do something about the lack of a card.

I'd also drop Harrison to the bench and see what Awuah can do in the midfield. Push TMac to Wing and have him stand on the sideline to stretch the field without him needing to run.

I'd also drop Harrison to the bench and see what Awuah can do in the midfield. Push TMac to Wing and have him stand on the sideline to stretch the field without him needing to run.

You know, we're probably losing this game regardless of the lineup we field so yeah put Harrison on the bench and let him play with the A guys in Saturday.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
NYCFC Depth Chart vs. Sporting KC [UPDATED]

Italics = players likely out due to national team duty
Strikeout = injuries or suspensions
Bold = expected to be available

Right Back: Allen, White, [Struna?]

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and sundance

Can you use bold instead of italics? Really hard to distinguish. Maybe bold with strikethrough?

5,000 City Points to be in the 18

:tearsofjoy:

---Lewis--Okoli--Harrison----
------McNamara----Moralez--
---------------Pirlo-------------

It will be interesting to see the play style here. We know that Pirlo doesn't work but you have to put him out there this game with Ring & Herrera out. I'm thinking Okoli gets the start with Villa out but can also see Harrison sliding into Villa's role and Khiry getting the start at RW. Whatever the case, these guys have to step up in a big way and show that they have the ability to perform without Villa performing miracles.

I expect that some of the players on international duty will be available off the bench on Wednesday. It's not clear that all of them would play in their 2nd international fixture that falls right before the game - although most would travel at some point on match day.

I'd probably start Lewis and Okoli up front with either Shelton or Tommy.

In the midfield, I'd put Maxi up top backed by Pirlo and Sands (how's that for a father-son combo?).

In back, you'd have Sweat - Brillant - Callens - RJ. The real question is who you line up for depth here. Maybe one of the trialists is ready. Maybe you move Sands back, but hard to get a 16-year-old to train for two positions. Awuah is probably going to play FB if we need someone.

Up front, you'd have Stertzer available to fill into the midfield and Harrison who could play there or at wing.

Then you'd have whomever can do a 20-30 minute run out after international duty.

It will be interesting to see the play style here. We know that Pirlo doesn't work but you have to put him out there this game with Ring & Herrera out. I'm thinking Okoli gets the start with Villa out but can also see Harrison sliding into Villa's role and Khiry getting the start at RW. Whatever the case, these guys have to step up in a big way and show that they have the ability to perform without Villa performing miracles.

Good stuff.

Thinking about this some more, I expect that Vieira will want his starting lineup to achieve some tactical advantages that are unusual (for us), and that will lead to some surprises. For example, maybe he will want to play more directly, which means Shelton and Okoli both start up top in order to win balls in the air. Or, maybe he wants speed in the midfield, so Harrison sits next to Maxi. Or, maybe he wants long balls from Pirlo to the wings, etc.

Good stuff.

Thinking about this some more, I expect that Vieira will want his starting lineup to achieve some tactical advantages that are unusual (for us), and that will lead to some surprises. For example, maybe he will want to play more directly, which means Shelton and Okoli both start up top in order to win balls in the air. Or, maybe he wants speed in the midfield, so Harrison sits next to Maxi. Or, maybe he wants long balls from Pirlo to the wings, etc.

i would not play shelton with pirlo. Pirlo will send the balls over the top to him and sheltons god awful touch would not be able to bring them down

Idk, I don't think you can have a midfield that features Pirlo and T-Mac at the same time and even hope to win. I think you gotta leave out T-Mac and give Sands a shot.

Bold = expected to be available

Only 14 field players on the team. They are literally going to sign a guy off the street who will be on the bench (if not play).

Status
Not open for further replies.