Home - 11/5 Columbus - 2nd Leg ECS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so angry that for the second year in a row this home game essentially means nothing. The only thing you don’t have to do in a two legged series is shit the bed in the first game.

Ok, last year NYCFC tried to play defensive and it backfired, they shit the bed at the end and came home down 2 with zero away goals - with an awful defense. Series over.

And then this year, “no, we won’t play defensive”, so they play a wide open game and shoot them selves in the foot, saying “we’re an attacking team”. Even after going down to 10 men, they still think they are attacking and basically let themselves get killed on transition - because they have one fewer player and are pushing players forward because they are an “attacking team”. No fucking clue how to adapt for game states.

Well, I guess it could be worse. They still have years to go to catch up to RBNJ.

And then this year, “no, we won’t play defensive”, so they play a wide open game and shoot them selves in the foot, saying “we’re an attacking team”. Even after going down to 10 men, they still think they are attacking and basically let themselves get killed on transition - because they have one fewer player and are pushing players forward because they are an “attacking team”. No fucking clue how to adapt for game states.

Well, I guess it could be worse. They still have years to go to catch up to RBNJ.
We haven't been an attacking team for about the last 2 months. The team forgot how to score and simply can't attack effectively anymore. We pass it to Sweat or Wallace or harrison on the sideline, 18 yards out, and then everything stalls. Everyone stands still. Couple back passed later and we start the process over or turn it over.

Referee assignment has changed. It's now:

New York City v Columbus Crew
Yankee Stadium (TBD)
REF: KEVIN STOTT
AR1: Corey Rockwell
AR2: Brian Poeschel
4TH: Armando Villarreal
VAR: Allen Chapman

The last match that Kevin Stott refereed for NYCFC was the 0-5 loss to Toronto in the second leg of Eastern Conference Semifinals in 2016. No yellow cards. One penalty to Toronto.

We haven't been an attacking team for about the last 2 months. The team forgot how to score and simply can't attack effectively anymore. We pass it to Sweat or Wallace or harrison on the sideline, 18 yards out, and then everything stalls. Everyone stands still. Couple back passed later and we start the process over or turn it over.

So come out for leg 2 and give CLB the ball. They will be expecting an all out blitz, play compact, invite them forward and hit them on the break.

Wallace can’t play next game, if he starts we won’t win. Harrison is good but he disappears too much, Villa needs an attacking option like Lewis on the field who is always making runs and looking to get the ball. Defense wise we need Struna to be starting with Sweat, White and Brillant.

We can win 3-0 but we need a goal in the first 20 mins. All the Columbus goals were based off stupid mistakes if we stay disclipned (yeah I know it’s nearly impossible) we can do it.

Now that we've all had a sleep. 3-0 is doable. I'm more upset that Johnson had a howler and eight (!!!!) defenders in the box couldn't stop the last goal in ET. They did it, and so can we.

I hope to God their film session consists of Vieira making the entire team watch that last goal on repeat, because that was some rec league shit. We made them look like an All-FIFA squad.

fcaEfpQ.png

giphy.gif

We can win 3-0 but we need a goal in the first 20 mins. All the Columbus goals were based off stupid mistakes if we stay disclipned (yeah I know it’s nearly impossible) we can do it.
Came here to say this. Columbus will probably pull the same tactics, knowing that one goal means 2 in this situation, essentially. We need a breakthrough early. Really early. Momentum is so crazily against us, we need to turn the tides as fast as possible. Really looking forward to CLB players laying on the ground for 90 minutes.

So basically the only shot is for a game-changing major call to go for NYCFC with significant time to go in the game...Red Card/PK to Steffen, Red Card to Mensah with a corresponding FK that goes in, etc.

Yeah. Good luck with that.

And not let one in in the first 6 minutes.

this is what killed vibe last year ...the rest of the game was just bad from then.

on Sunday i just want the team to go all out....at this rate there is nothing to lose. by that i mean go after everyball expect them to be on you so fight and muscle your way to every ball.

thats all i can ask/ hope for....see what happens

When is the last time we had a result this season that would send us through or to ET (3-0, or 4-1)? Who did that come against?

When is the last time we had a result this season that would send us through or to ET (3-0, or 4-1)? Who did that come against?

Last season we won 5-1 vs. Colorado. That would send us directly through. We also won 4-1 vs. Chicago and 4-1 vs. Columbus, that would force extra time.

This season, only 4-0 win vs. DC, the home opener. And that was the highest amount of goals we scored in a game all season.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Status
Not open for further replies.