Home - 9/8 DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because at this point, why the hell not?

--------Taty------------------Villa----------Lewis-----
-----------------Sands-----Moralez-------Haak*-----
-----Tinnerholm---Ibeagha---Callens---Scally-----
----------------------------Johnson--------------------

New York City FC vs. D.C. United
Yankee Stadium
Saturday, September 8th 4:55 PM ET
Univision, Twitter, WNYE 91.5 FM, WADO 1280 AM

Quick turnaround for the next match against DC who have looked great as of late.

Personally I can’t see us winning this match.

How do we lineup? With Castellanos an early sub I see him back in. If Villa starts as well where would Lewis fit in?

Alex Ring will be suspended due to yellow card accumulation.

I have to disagree here, bookmakers and stats show us as a clear favourite. 3-0 Win :D

https://www.betseven.net/football-betting-tips/major-league-soccer/new-york-city-vs-dc-united/

If you’re going to basically say the rest of the season doesn’t matter might as well let the young guys prove themselves.

what? Haak is not even signed with first team

Reactions: adam
If you’re going to basically say the rest of the season doesn’t matter might as well let the young guys prove themselves.

Play the kids when they're ready, not because we're bored and frustrated as fans. I'll say it again, the downsides of this mentality are way bigger than people ever give credit for.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Play the kids when they're ready, not because we're bored and frustrated as fans. I'll say it again, the downsides of this mentality are way bigger than people ever give credit for.
Haha, actually no.

Other than possibly getting injured, there are no downsides to playing the kids. If we had a USL team they’d be playing there, every week, with the potential to win games and lose games, look like a star and also get embarrassed, experience highs and lows of starting, getting subbed, and being benched. It doesn’t matter if it’s the USL team or the first team, it’s experience of the game time situations and being held accountable for their play and performances. How will they ever gain the confidence of knowing their “moves” work against older professionals or that they have to find the spirit to lift their play when the team goes down or to trust the training & tactics the coaches set out prematch???? These guys are all professional athletes that were good enough to be offered contracts, so a little adversity isn’t gonna sink the ship. The best US player, Pulisic, has gone on record that if he had stayed in the US he’s positive he’d be toiling in the USL because MLS as a whole refuses to trust teenage players.

I don’t know if you’ve ever played a sport at any type of competitive level, so maybe you just don’t know this or understand it, but the biggest advances an athlete can have physically, mentally, and experientially are when thrown into the caldron and pushed beyond their comfort zone. If a single match, or even a group of them, especially ones that have been deemed superfluous to the team’s overall goals, damages a player’s psyche because it was too rough, then the sport may not be right for them long term, and everybody concerned learned it sooner rather than later which is beneficial to all.

Just to add info about who DC will be missing:

Outlook: United Coach Ben Olsen is scrambling to assemble both a lineup and a bench for this important match, and he might have only 15 players in uniform, three fewer than normal. Consider the absences because of international duty: Paul Arriola (United States), Zoltan Stieber (Hungary), Junior Moreno (Venezuela), Darren Mattocks (Jamaica) and Bruno Miranda (Bolivia). Also consider the injuries: Yamil Asad, Oniel Fisher, Vytautas Andriuskevicius, David Ousted, Taylor Kemp, Nick DeLeon and Chris Odoi-Atsem.

Status
Not open for further replies.