Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Red Bulls
Yankee Stadium
Sunday, July 8th 7 PM ET
FS1, WNYE 91.5 FM & WADO 1280 AM

Hudson River Derby.

To be a little more optimistic, Domè has some experience (assistant-)managing against some ferociously high-pressing (and counterpressing) teams. I'll be curious to see what he's seen in Marsch's tactics, and what he feels this particular squad can do to neutralize it.

...probably just "be better", really.

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst

We still have not lost back to back games since ‘16, so hopefully that continues

Maybe Jesse will do us a favor and start Muyl.

Sal Zizzo came onto in the 85' minute when we played Atlanta this season at home. Really thought we'd get the winner again like he treated us to last time when he was on Red Bull.

Chanot was supposed to be available against Chicago, right? What's up with that? And do we have a timeline on Mata or Villa? I really got my hopes up for a minute that a new coach would mean glasnost for NYCFC.

Chanot was supposed to be available against Chicago, right? What's up with that? And do we have a timeline on Mata or Villa? I really got my hopes up for a minute that a new coach would mean glasnost for NYCFC.
The Chanot situation is just super weird, because he said “he was ready” despite the fact that he has been making the 18 for a while, and even started and played the US Open Cup game

They said the timeline for Mata was two weeks from the time of his injury, so you would think he would be available this weekend

Torrent said Villa could miss “1 or 2 games” but that estimate was given before he had actually been assessed by a doctor. We haven’t gotten any new information since then. But I can’t imagine it’s long term, since if you go back to the Toronto game, he was playing and running on that knee for a bit before the sub happened

Reactions: adam and dummyrun
We're a good team anywhere. What we are not is mentally prepared to compete with NJ. We haven't lost at home in forever and it may very well be NJ to break that streak.

Fuck this game.
I agree we’re a good team anywhere, but we’re not a winning team away from home.

I just hope the club finds some pride Sunday and does whatever is necessary to win. They’ve gotta shed the early lazy attitude and figure out not only how to strike early, but to then go for the neck and step on RB’s jugular. I’m not sure we’ve ever had that rabid instinct, but this is definitely the match, if there ever was one, that we need to be foaming at the mouth on every tackle and winning every 50/50 ball.

One has to wonder how quickly Dome can understand the weight of this game for us and how much he'll invest in getting our players fully prepared to WIN.

Fuck this game.

Reactions: Ulrich
One has to wonder how quickly Dome can understand the weight of this game for us and how much he'll invest in getting our players fully prepared to WIN.

Fuck this game.
I think that he will get it. He has managed his teams through some of the world's biggest derbies, so I am sure that he appreciates what a game like this means to the team, city and supporters. The question is whether he has had enough time to start making a mark - he said that it would take a couple of weeks for the trickle of his touches to begin, so we are right at that point. If that includes full throttle from the first whistle, that will already be a change from PV's track record in the "big" games.

It will be very interesting to see Dome's take on playing through the high press.

Status
Not open for further replies.