Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City Football Club vs Montreal Impact
Yankee Stadium
Saturday, April 6th 1:00 PM ET
YES

An Eastern Conference clash between Piatti and Ring.

giphy.gif

Good thing it's a home game. Because I couldn't justify making the 3 hour trip to Montreal and dealing with the traffic.

Reactions: Kjbert
Two teams that got outscored 11-1 yesterday facing off next week. Can’t wait!

(Speaking of the impact, at least they scored a garbage goal at 89 to avoid losing 7-0, ahem)

I had two SKC defenders in fantasy. That strategy was ruined.

Reactions: JayH
Montreal is scrappy. But even we should get 3 points assuming Maxi is healthy.

If we’re not pretenders (I think we are), the schedule actually sets up ok for us in the near term. April, May and June have points in them. 10 points in April are doable and a necessity. May and June have 6 points in them as well. That gets us 22 points. Puts us in playoff contention.

I don’t think that’s happening, but our schedule was amongst the most difficult to start the year. It opens up before July.

Montreal is scrappy. But even we should get 3 points assuming Maxi is healthy.

If we’re not pretenders (I think we are), the schedule actually sets up ok for us in the near term. April, May and June have points in them. 10 points in April are doable and a necessity. May and June have 6 points in them as well. That gets us 22 points. Puts us in playoff contention.

I don’t think that’s happening, but our schedule was amongst the most difficult to start the year. It opens up before July.
You’re awfully optimistic this Monday morning. Must’ve had the good batch of coffee and a cronut.

Not optimistic. Just looking at it through the lens of a leghumper.

Argument to be made that we had the toughest schedule in the league to start. The next three months are the easiest stretch in our schedule. There’s a world where we’re a second Tier playoff team come July 1st. Heber starts to score and this team treads water until the end of the year and finishes in 5th or 6th.

I don’t think that’s going to happen. But it’s feasible.

Not optimistic. Just looking at it through the lens of a leghumper.

Argument to be made that we had the toughest schedule in the league to start.

DCU, Toronto, and LAFC have all gotten off to hot starts and look class so far. (In fact, NYCFC is the only team to take points from LAFC this year). Orlando...not so much.

Although, it’s so early that results are often not that significant. Case in point: Anyone know who was first in the table last year after five games???

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.