Jersey Postmatch

We hit the woodwork twice

Thrice! Just twice in one play :/
Not mad at anyone except Vieira for his utterly stupid subs. I said immediately upon Stertzer coming in that he would have to come out..

Well, at least he had the balls to take him out.

As others have said, the right sub was Lewis for Maxi and move Tommy inside, where as we know he is useless defensively but good at finding space and just mediocre once he gets the ball. Stertzer could not find that space and the lack of an outlet meant that we were camped in our own half. OTOH, Lewis showed some good hustle and had a couple of great moments on the ball. If there's one positive to take from this game, it's maybe that he's starting to grow into his boots. Oh and maybe that it will be a while before we see Stertzer again. I would not mind if we made a tradition out of exiling long haired midfielders who fail us in Open Cup games ;)

Even with all the pressure, we looked OK until Brillant had one of his moments and effectively cost us the tie. I have defended him but this is the straw for me. If we can't trust him in an Open Cup game, at his salary, he absolutely has to go.

Onwards to next Saturday and then June 24. With our full lineup, we are ready to steamroller the Red Bulls.

About" The Sterz "...........My so called Curse had nothing to do with it Thank You !! If you Pulled An All Niter Sterzing the Hell out that Alex K Chick I guess you would play like Shit to !! Someone ask her what time did they finally wake up today ??? Then ask Pat V what he tells the team about sex on or 24 hours of game day's ?? ;););)

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Jee
FUCK
We were the better team in the first half but when you don't take your chances when your in control it generally comes back to bite you.

Awful having to listen to this with the Red Bull announcers . Cangolesi such a homer he almost jizzed his pants calling their goal. At every possible opportunity referring to them as "New York" and trying to play it off like the balance of play changed in the second half because Red Bull turned up their intensity and not because Maxi was off the field.

About" The Sterz "...........My so called Curse had nothing to do with it Thank You !! If you Pulled An All Niter Sterzing the Hell out that Alex K Chick I guess you would play like Shit to !! Someone her what time did they finally wake up today ??? Then ask Pat V what he tells the team about sex on or 24 hours of game day's ?? ;););)

If he can't handle both then he should pick one and stick to it. I hope for her sake he's better in bed than on the field.

Not mad at anyone except Vieira for his utterly stupid subs. I said immediately upon Stertzer coming in that he would have to come out.

How can you be mad? We know Lopez is shit. We know Ucubed is shit.

Should have made Lewis first sub and move Ucubed to midfield just to give us a chance.

Whether he meant to or not, he forfeited the game with the Stertzer sub.

Oh well. Garbage in, garbage out.
This probably makes it worse, but that's the sub he was initially going to do. Before the first half ended, PV had Lewis warming up on his own and was giving him directions. Then the second half started and I saw stertzer was in there....

For a team that has valued possession so much, we couldn't even throw the ball in to a teammate in the second half. Kick, run, chase, repeat. Our play went against everything we've seen from our squad the last two years and it's mindboggling.

This probably makes it worse, but that's the sub he was initially going to do. Before the first half ended, PV had Lewis warming up on his own and was giving him directions. Then the second half started and I saw stertzer was in there....
Ohhhhh. Emmmm. Geeeeeeee.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
For a team that has valued possession so much, we couldn't even throw the ball in to a teammate in the second half. Kick, run, chase, repeat. Our play went against everything we've seen from our squad the last two years and it's mindboggling.
My man, when you have a horse like Lopez in midfield, you have to ride him.

Honestly, we'd have been better off playing a man down.

Watching him play gives me the same feeling I get when I put too much habanero hot sauce on my food, but with more sweat.

If we lose in 10 days I'm posting my tickets for August 6 for sale for stupid $$$ and I don't give a fuck who buys them. I can't keep watching this crap.
Okay, so this will be my last post in this thread tonight, because I'm starting to be mad at more than Vieira and that's not fair to people who have no ability at their chosen occupation

But I've determined that in clutch matches, 85% of our roster performs like Graham Zusi. We piss down our own legs and hope someone bails us out.

(ETA: Ulrich Ulrich, see above. Can't reply to you right now)

Last edited:
Reactions: mgarbowski
Also, throughout the whole first half, it was clearly noticeable that PV, Villa, Maxi, and Jack were not happy with the way Ethan White was playing. There were tons of discussion with him the whole half.

Hey Ulrich Ulrich, remember when we had a big ol' argument about Brillant and why he's fucking useless against the Red Bulls? Let's do it again sometime. (Get out of my club)

Thanks for wasting my time again, Mr Vieira. One day we'll take this rivalry seriously.
Hey Manhattan, stay classy and stop being a twit.

Or, sad to say, Jason Kreis.

ETA: to be clear, I in no way advocate Kreis being better for our team on the whole. But no way even he makes that first boneheaded sub.
Umm, did you see Kreis started Saunders in goal tonight?

My man, when you have a horse like Lopez in midfield, you have to ride him.

Honestly, we'd have been better off playing a man down.

Watching him play gives me the same feeling I get when I put too much habanero hot sauce on my food, but with more sweat.
Lopez was barely jogging at the end and couldn't stay with attackers. At one point Ring covered twice as much ground in a full sprint, running past Lopez, to close down Muhl (or Davis?). The only skill Lopez has is hustle/speed, and he's gassed around the 70th minute after 10 days off ??? Just won't cut it.

And I'm not sure why when Maxi goes off, we move an impotent TMac to midfield rather than Jack, bring Lewis in for Maxi at Jack's wing ??? Jack was getting shit service on the wing and could have seen more of the ball in the middle.

Reactions: JGarrettLieb
Three things I'll say and then I'm leaving this thread...

- Even if we won, the next match would have been the day before or with one day in between our Thursday match versus Minnesota. MLS points matter more, especially at home.
- A B- NYCFC vs. an A- Red Bull lineup. I miss Yangel, Mata, Chanot, Wallace, and Lewis. Surprised Lewis didn't start honestly.
- Losing three years hurts. This just gives more fuel to the piss fire of Red Bull.

And I left at halftime because my dad needed to get home. I drove. Next time I'm taking the damn PATH by myself. I'll wear a kevlar vest under my jersey if I get stabbed or shot in Harrison, NJ.

Reactions: JGarrettLieb
Three things I'll say and then I'm leaving this thread...

- Even if we won, the next match would have been the day before or with one day in between our Thursday match versus Minnesota. MLS points matter more, especially at home.
- A B- NYCFC vs. an A- Red Bull lineup. I miss Yangel, Mata, Chanot, Wallace, and Lewis. Surprised Lewis didn't start honestly.
- Losing three years hurts. This just gives more fuel to the piss fire of Red Bull.

And I left at halftime because my dad needed to get home. I drove. Next time I'm taking the damn PATH by myself. I'll wear a kevlar vest under my jersey if I get stabbed or shot in Harrison, NJ.
You sat through the first half without drinking because you were DD tonight? Car service dude.