Jersey Postmatch

I'll wear a kevlar vest under my jersey if I get stabbed or shot in Harrison, NJ.
I can't tell if you're serious or not. Or maybe you have something planned for the Moss brothers. For real though, the worst thing that might happen to you on the PATH back from NJ is a hellishly long commute. And that's basically a certainty.

i heavily disagree with this....we played the best XI we could with injuries and international callups....played well then maxi went out and we were fucked. then the mistake came

You could argue that this is the kind of complacency behind the fact that we didn't win tonight, or that we've never won at RBA, and probably won't win there next weekend.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Everything's fine. Team selection and management was fine. Brillant was fine. Performance was fine. Result was fine. Why worry?

Or maybe I'm wrong. Everything's fine. Team selection and management was fine. Brillant was fine. Performance was fine. Result was fine. Why worry?
That's a false dichotomy - there are many shades of grey between what Fantazma said and what you said. I don't think this was a tirefire and it obviously wasn't a success. We got unlucky with a couple of shots and an injury to one of our most important players. We were missing 4 starters. Brillant made a bad play and Vieira made an awful sub.

Also...

Screenshot_20170615-002042.png

I think this is over the line.

That's a false dichotomy - there are many shades of grey between what Fantazma said and what you said. I don't think this was a tirefire and it obviously wasn't a success. We got unlucky with a couple of shots and an injury to one of our most important players. We were missing 4 starters. Brillant made a bad play and Vieira made an awful sub.

What was it about tonight that made you think yeah, we're really taking this game seriously? I didn't see it tonight. I mean, any game where Brillant starts could arguably be considered a forfeit for me at this stage, but I digress.

It just wasn't good enough for me, especially considering how many people came out and made noise for the team yet again for no reward. If tonight was good enough for some people, then more power to them. But don't expect to see us improve our record against NJ anytime soon.

What was it about tonight that made you think yeah, we're really taking this game seriously? I didn't see it tonight. I mean, any game where Brillant starts could arguably be considered a forfeit for me at this stage, but I digress.

It just wasn't good enough for me, especially considering how many people came out and made noise for the team yet again for no reward. If tonight was good enough for some people, then more power to them. But don't expect to see us improve our record against NJ anytime soon.
I thought we played the best 11 we could have. Chanot wasn't an option and arguably White next to Callens with Allen or Gomez out wide would have been worse. Pirlo instead of Lopez may have been possible without Brillant in there, but dude is coming off injury and I know most of our fanbase wouldn't consider him an upgrade over Lopez in any case, even if I disagree vehemently. Lewis over Tommy? Mayyyybbeee but Tommy has some kinda track record that Lewis has yet to build.

I have a hard time figuring out how we could have taken this game more seriously, but perhaps you have a few ideas?

I thought we played the best 11 we could have. Chanot wasn't an option and arguably White next to Callens with Allen or Gomez out wide would have been worse. Pirlo instead of Lopez may have been possible without Brillant in there, but dude is coming off injury and I know most of our fanbase wouldn't consider him an upgrade over Lopez in any case, even if I disagree vehemently. Lewis over Tommy? Mayyyybbeee but Tommy has some kinda track record that Lewis has yet to build.

I have a hard time figuring out how we could have taken this game more seriously, but perhaps you have a few ideas?
For what Lewis got today he did alright he almost scored a chance and worked well defensively but midfield was just booting it long so we couldn't get him one v one where him and jack are good. For what he had though he did decent enough to show that he should play more

For what Lewis got today he did alright he almost scored a chance and worked well defensively but midfield was just booting it long so we couldn't get him one v one where him and jack are good. For what he had though he did decent enough to show that he should play more
I agree, and said as much in my first post on this thread.

I think with more team he is going to
like that play where he beat the two defenders and got a shot off was good he definitely can go at defenders for sure we need to use him more when the game is open and we can play and find him like philly not when we are trying to go long

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I think with more team he is going to

like that play where he beat the two defenders and got a shot off was good he definitely can go at defenders for sure we need to use him more when the game is open and we can play and find him like philly not when we are trying to go long

The team made a big deal about Andrea Pirlo being off the injured list, then he doesn't even make the 18.

That's really interesting to me. I know they used five internationals, but surely Pirlo could have been used instead of Villa.

I missed the game tonight, sounds like I didn't miss much.

Unfortunately, it sounds like some of our away supporters broke even more seats at RBA tonight, so you can assume there's some sort of pigeon ban coming.

It's good to see some people pay attention.

ANDREA , STERTZER, MIX ,and T MAC ! Curses to those who refuse to acknowledge HAIR LIVES MATTER !!!;);););):p:p:p:p

Last edited:
We were atrocious last night. That we managed to create two scruffy chances in the first half doesn't justify how poor we were througout, including when Maxi was on the field.
TMac is a soggy beanbag of a player and should only be used against the worst of the MLS.
The White/Sweat combo has been used so far beyond it's shelf life it's a joke.
Harrison has regressed. Is that because of how pathetic White is outside of his defensive third, or because Mata creates space for him to operate with his ability to get forward, probably a combo of both.
Trying to pass it around the back and then playing route one football to two players that are generously listed as 5'3" and 5'9" is sickening and I'm tired of seeing it. I assume at this point we'll never see Villa played with a target man and that's a really a shame. Somehow the Curse of Adam Nemec lives on.

Hearing Shep Messing pronounce Muyl is my own personal hell.

IMG_0437.PNG IMG_0438.PNG