Jorge Teixeira Deal Finalized?

Timing is very important. Assuming this is true, you don't draft a CB on Thursday, right? You have A LOT of (MLS) dollars invested in Mena. This would be a big time CB for this league you would assume. You have Ethan White and Hernandez here for at least another year.

You have the 4th pick. I wonder if they trade out if one of the big 3 isn't available?

Timing is very important. Assuming this is true, you don't draft a CB on Thursday, right? You have A LOT of (MLS) dollars invested in Mena. This would be a big time CB for this league you would assume. You have Ethan White and Hernandez here for at least another year.

You have the 4th pick. I wonder if they trade out if one of the big 3 isn't available?
Big 3 is a relative term

Ives Galarcep was reporting that NYCFC were considering trading up to guarantee they could snag Jack Harrison. Harrison plus Teixeira would be very solid additions.

Ives Galarcep was reporting that NYCFC were considering trading up to guarantee they could snag Jack Harrison. Harrison plus Teixeira would be very solid additions.
Anything could happen...... let's also not forget that SBI reported that the Generation Adidas class was going to drop 2-3 days before it did..... Translated to this situation, NYCFC may be trying to trade up to the #1, #2, #3 pick, or stay where they are, or possibly trade down.....

There are 3 difference makers from where I sit. And that's assuming Yaro makes a difference eventually as RB a la Andrew Farrell.

What do we have to trade?

I will be incredibly disappointed if we don't end up with one of Vincent, Harrison or Yaro. I would rather trade the pick of they aren't available.

We need at least 5 CBs, so unless you count Wingert there, why not draft a young guy with promise who we wouldn't need in the starting lineup for another 3-5 years?

Anyone know why he played for essentially a team a year for a decade (9 in 10, I think)? Doesn't mean he will not be a superstar over here, but I just do not know enough about him to understand that.

Anyone know why he played for essentially a team a year for a decade (9 in 10, I think)? Doesn't mean he will not be a superstar over here, but I just do not know enough about him to understand that.

I don't know enough about him to answer the question, but the phrasing of it is disingenuous.

From 2005-10 he played for six clubs (some third division clubs in Portugal, then two in Cyprus and one in Israel). He then played four years with FC Basel, including a loan stint to Siena. Finally his last two seasons have been with Standard Liege.

There's nothing out of the ordinary in his recent movement. David Villa played for four clubs in six years before joining us, for example (Valencia, Barcelona, Atletico, and Melbourne).

We need at least 5 CBs, so unless you count Wingert there, why not draft a young guy with promise who we wouldn't need in the starting lineup for another 3-5 years?

We have one pick (the 4th pick overall). We have a ton of needs - a ton of places where we could improve. We need an instant injection of contributing talent. I would prefer someone who can help now. These contracts are only 4 years anyway. If they don't contribute in the first two years, they're almost gone.

Reactions: Ulrich
I don't know enough about him to answer the question, but the phrasing of it is disingenuous.

From 2005-10 he played for six clubs (some third division clubs in Portugal, then two in Cyprus and one in Israel). He then played four years with FC Basel, including a loan stint to Siena. Finally his last two seasons have been with Standard Liege.

There's nothing out of the ordinary in his recent movement. David Villa played for four clubs in six years before joining us, for example (Valencia, Barcelona, Atletico, and Melbourne).
His stint at Melbourne was a lot of time at the beach and a couple of 90min exercise sessions where he scored a fer goals.

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
We have one pick (the 4th pick overall). We have a ton of needs - a ton of places where we could improve. We need an instant injection of contributing talent. I would prefer someone who can help now. These contracts are only 4 years anyway. If they don't contribute in the first two years, they're almost gone.
Many could be, but not all will be, gone after their first GA contract. If Harrison truly has any ambitions about dual citizenship and playing for the USMNT then he'll likely need to stay for another contract unless he gets his green card in the next 4 years. 6-8 years of Harrison could be a massive cornerstone for the club to build around. At 25-28 he could still head to Europe and have an significant career with a club(s) and feel like he's had 6-8 years of quality first team ball.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
His stint at Melbourne was a lot of time at the beach and a couple of 90min exercise sessions where he scored a fer goals.

I know, but my point is that if you didn't know this (as we don't know the story behind Teixeira's moves), Villa would appear to be the same type of journeyman. People have stints at different clubs for all different reasons, so we shouldn't jump to conclusions based on Teixeira's history, which isn't even that bad in the last 6-7 years.

Reactions: Ulrich
I know, but my point is that if you didn't know this (as we don't know the story behind Teixeira's moves), Villa would appear to be the same type of journeyman. People have stints at different clubs for all different reasons, so we shouldn't jump to conclusions based on Teixeira's history, which isn't even that bad in the last 6-7 years.
No worries - I know what you meant.... my sarcasm font got lost during typing.

Many could be, but not all will be, gone after their first GA contract. If Harrison truly has any ambitions about dual citizenship and playing for the USMNT then he'll likely need to stay for another contract unless he gets his green card in the next 4 years. 6-8 years of Harrison could be a massive cornerstone for the club to build around. At 25-28 he could still head to Europe and have an significant career with a club(s) and feel like he's had 6-8 years of quality first team ball.

Point is - you are drafting a player to contribute now or next year. You are not investing the 4th Pick Overall in a player you hope helps you in 3-5 years. Our team will look drastically different then.

Certainly didn't mean for my phrasing to appear insincere or misleading. The bottom line is that no one knows much about him (at least, I don't), and he appears to fit the description of a journeyman, at least earlier in his career. Therefore I was asking if anyone happened to have more flavor on his career and why he has moved around, which included, as you said, 6 clubs in 5 years. I wasn't jumping to or drawing conclusions, I was asking for information. I'm always impressed with how friends from abroad often pop up on here to answer questions just like this, just as, for example, with Mena, Tefu, and the MC youths.