Kreis Out? Per Shep, It's Being Discussed Internally.

Dude, the rumor didn't sound like a firing. It was more like a mutual parting of ways. IF Kreis is even halfway thinking he wants out, I damn sure don't want him around. He managed half the games this year like he had one foot out the door, and the last thing we need is someone who isn't totally committed.

I'm sure Jason was committed when he took the job, and I'm sure he has serious reasons to be looking for a way out if he indeed is. Whatever those reasons or who is to blame, he hasn't succeeded here and we deserve better than a manager who doesn't want to be here.

That's my point. I don't give a shit if it were Jose Mourinho, who I consider to be the finest organizer and man manager in world football, you can't have a coach who isn't fully there. I have no doubt part of Chelsea's issue right now is Jose's family situation. I have my doubts as to whether Kreis is fully onboard. If members of the team have that same uncertainty, not saying they do, but if, then we need a change. I personally doubt his commitment at this point, so I'm saying we should make a change.
I agree with you 100% that if Kreis wants out, then I don't want him either. But as I said last night, the guy wants to be here, and he will be here unless CFG fires him, which they won't. Here is his quotes today.
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/eschews-rumored-ludicrous-41143/

Just as I said, Kreis is not a quitter and he said it again today, this job in MLS is THE TOUGHEST JOB HANDS DOWN, in MLS. You have an owner who likes to spend money but wants to do it their way, so in other words Kreis, although will be listened too and can give his take, he is not the decision maker, i.e. Pirlo.

My point throughout this whole time has been simply this. Has Kreis made mistakes? Of course he has, however does Kreis deserve more respect from our fans, and deserve the benefit of doubt? Of course he does. You don't throw away a coach after a season like this year with so much instability since day 1. A coach with Kreis's pedigree. Heck even David Villa said in an interview that having Kreis be the manager was a big reason why he decided to come to MLS, because he has heard a lot of positive feedback on him from other players, and he said he is one of the most well respect, best coaches in this league. All true.

I respect your opinion Midas, and I apologize for the strong comments in earlier posts, but I guess we just have to agree to disagree on Kreis, and in due time we shall see who is right and wrong on this topic.

If you are going to hire Sigi, then hire Harry Redknapp. At least he's managed legitimate stars before.

I say no to retreads in general. Kreis is a smug little man and I want him out. But I don't think Sigi is the right choice.

The home run for this club will always be Bruce Arena.
Bruce Arena would never come here simply because if you think Kreis is smug, then Bruce Arena would smug be 100X. Bruce Arena is the epitome of smug. Plus his personality and CFG would never match. Bruce likes to be told how great he is from his team, guys like Chris Klein and Jovan Karovksy etc.....and you know what there is nothing wrong with that as long as it works. Its worked in LA. However, it would never work in NYC.

If that was supposed to make me begin to dislike Shep, oops...

I'm not going to lie, he's a showman, and I have no problem with him. I'd never read that article before, but it makes me a bit envious of his life. If there's a less athletic, WASP-y southerner version of that path, I may be on it with my professional fits and starts due largely to external factors. At the end of the day. Is there a price for how much fun life can be? I say yes, but no one has offered it to me yet. I think he he gets that, and I dig it.

I'm actually surprised anyone takes Shep seriously as a media member. He is blatantly biased and would never say a kind word about NYCFC if they saved his life. He had a fun playing career but his TV career is as a schill and sycophant. I know some people want Kreis out, but attaching yourself to this ranting of a crazy man isn't gonna make it happen.

Reactions: Gene
Listen man, you have to understand that Kreis was using Poku when all of the other players were available as depth. As someone who can come in during the second half and give that spark that every team needs in every game. You don't show all of your cards at once. Now I have been critical of Kreis for not playing Poku more but believe me when I say this, there is more then meets the eye with Poku. Kreis likes him a lot and he has a big plan for poku moving forward. Just wait and see starting next year.

Had Poku been starting this year we would be in the playoffs.

If that was supposed to make me begin to dislike Shep, oops...

I'm not going to lie, he's a showman, and I have no problem with him. I'd never read that article before, but it makes me a bit envious of his life. If there's a less athletic, WASP-y southerner version of that path, I may be on it with my professional fits and starts due largely to external factors. At the end of the day. Is there a price for how much fun life can be? I say yes, but no one has offered it to me yet. I think he he gets that, and I dig it.
No, I've got nothing against Shep either. I found the article yesterday when I went looking for more info on him than the basic stuff I knew and just thought the title was a funny counter to all the bashing here.

This is a huge issue with the MLS right now! With the league growing the one thing that hasn't kept up with the growth is media talent. You can count on 1 hand how many reliable media reporters are in the MLS. Most are people who get TV, Blogging or radio gigs and fancy themselves as reporters. They're not!! It's amazing how many times these baseless reports come about. Hopefully with the league growing and more coverage from ESPN, FOX etc. they will invest in quality reporting. TV personalities, reporters and anything to do with media is severely lacking in any type of skill. These are former players/coaches who don't know what it means to be an investigative reporter.

I am also getting fucking sick and tired of "anonymous sources" if you're not a respected journalist it's not a source you're a fucking joke. Name your source or don't say anything.
You and all the people who liked this post clearly have no idea how the media industry works.

Reporters get information from a source on the condition that they keep the name of the source private.

This allows information to be leaked out to the public. Otherwise people, or sources as you can call them, would never say anything to reporters because if they were named for everything they said they could face retribution.

For example, if this Kreis rumor is real, Shep may have gotten it from a guy within NYCFC management. If you were that guy and you decided to speak to Shep (for whatever reason) about a possible NYCFC coaching change, would you tell Shep 'hey man you can attribute that rumor to me'? No, because then you would probably get fired for blabbing. So instead Shep asks the source for information and they have an agreement on anonymity.

So all in all the key thing to know about 'anonymous sources' is that they are usually are people who are speaking to the media who do not want to be named.

The old Rex Ryan of the MLS. Rex 2.0 is actually in relatively good shape. lol

But yea... this seems like fluff. It seems people are really hell bent on creating all sorts of rumors surrounding NYCFC.
Why would people be hell bent on creating rumors about NYCFC? They are out of the playoff picture and completely irrelevant really in terms of MLS prominence and history. Take off the tin foil hat dude, not everyone is out to have a go at the club.

Had Poku been starting this year we would be in the playoffs.
I love Poku as much as anyone, clearly I stated very early in the season, when he came off the bench that he was one of our best players before he started to rack up the goals, but I would disagree with this. There is more to the Poku story. Poku's breakout party has not happened yet, it will happen next year.

Last edited:
Why would people be hell bent on creating rumors about NYCFC? They are out of the playoff picture and completely irrelevant really in terms of MLS prominence and history. Take off the tin foil hat dude, not everyone is out to have a go at the club.

Listen Red Bull fan...

Don't make me take this President "thing" off. Not even for a second.

This thread summarized from 3 points of view:

1)Rabble rabble rabble you're a moron if you think Kreis should be fired of if we could do better

2) rabble rabble rabble Kreis is a moron he needs to go

3)rabble rabble rabble POKU!!!!

You and all the people who liked this post clearly have no idea how the media industry works.

Reporters get information from a source on the condition that they keep the name of the source private.

This allows information to be leaked out to the public. Otherwise people, or sources as you can call them, would never say anything to reporters because if they were named for everything they said they could face retribution.

For example, if this Kreis rumor is real, Shep may have gotten it from a guy within NYCFC management. If you were that guy and you decided to speak to Shep (for whatever reason) about a possible NYCFC coaching change, would you tell Shep 'hey man you can attribute that rumor to me'? No, because then you would probably get fired for blabbing. So instead Shep asks the source for information and they have an agreement on anonymity.

So all in all the key thing to know about 'anonymous sources' is that they are usually are people who are speaking to the media who do not want to be named.
I understand what anonymous means. Read what I wrote. I said people with no journalistic credibility shouldn't be given credit for "anonymous sources." Shep isn't a reporter and his "sources" are just bull shit. The problem is Shep and these blog writers talk to bullshit people about things that "could" happen and they report it as fact. That is not reporting that is story telling.

I love Poku as much as anyone, clearly I stated very early in the season, when he came off the bench that he was one of our best players before he started to rack up the goals, but I would disagree with this. There is more to the Poku story. Poke's breakout party has not happened yet, it will happen next year.
Awesome coaching. If you have a guy that is scoring and contributing RIGHT NOW, in a PLAYOFF RACE, you sit him...for Grabavoy.