Lampard Off?

tinfoilhatguy.jpg

Gonna get interesting in about a month or so, because I'm starting to think the absence of #8 has a bit more to do with PV not wanting to be saddled with a lineup consisting of both Lampard & Pirlo and less to do with injury.

With the Euro championships starting up in June, I'll assume any player getting a call up to his National team will be leaving his MLS club sometime in the mid-late May.

Should Pirlo get a place on Italy's team, does Frank have a miraculous recovery and finally make it into the starting 11?

Part of me is typing out this post to be nothing but a smart ass, but part of me kind of believes it.
Pirlo won't get called. Allegedly not even in the plans for Euro. Can see Caceres getting shipped over from Australia.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
I don't say this because of Pirlo bias...but as a very passionate Italia & Juve supporter. I do believe Pirlo is missed by both. Not just because of his talent level, but his intangibles. The Pirlo we see today is not the player he is and was..for various reasons. With the influx of young Italians on the team, he definitely has a spot there as a veteran presence. That being said..there is no way he gets called up for Euro. He had a pretty recent negative interview about Italy coach Conte about his move to Chelsea. There's no love between each other.

Redditors are thinking harder than us. A theory is being kicked around over there that we are just working to line up a DP replacement to coincide with his retirement/departure. The MLS transfer window doesn't close until May 11.

Make it happen, Reyna.
The only way I see that happening is if they've asked him to stick around only so the market-rate for a replacement doesn't go up knowing we "need" a replacement & have the spot for it. I still think it's a summer transaction.

Reactions: Kjbert
The only way I see that happening is if they've asked him to stick around only so the market-rate for a replacement doesn't go up knowing we "need" a replacement & have the spot for it. I still think it's a summer transaction.

I think it's less for negotiation purposes and more for marketing. Any potential target would know we need to clear a DP spot to bring them on board anyway.

Reactions: mgarbowski
It would make sense if the DP we bring in is good enough to cancel out the PR embarrassment. Which is what I'm guessing they could be trying to do.

He's gone, has to be. No other explanation for it. Vieira emphasizes the team doing everything together, eating, traveling, and training. Lampard hasn't even gone to those? FFS even Connor Brandt who's been out for a long time still goes to the training center to rehab. Lampard is nowhere to be seen.

Until I see Lampard in the 18 or the Players Union releases their salary lists I absolutely will not take the word of NYCFC who have intentionally misled, if not flat out lied, several times regarding a players' roster status.

Until I see Lampard in the 18 or the Players Union releases their salary lists I absolutely will not take the word of NYCFC who have intentionally misled, if not flat out lied, several times regarding a players' roster status.
Tinfoily but fair.

Reactions: Kjbert
He's actually played decent when healthy. It may be time to move on.

What's sad is that this organization, from the beginning, could have benefited from him being here. I don't know if we blame Txiki, Pellegrino or Frank - but he should have been here from the beginning. What a waste.

Tinfoily but fair.
I've given the team enough chances to be honest, at this point it's borderline stupid to believe them.

They've lied about Lampard before, multiple times, they've lied about George John, they said Wingert was still in the team's plans only to reveal they had pretty much completed a trade by that point a day later, they said Jacobson had a knock and was still with the team as he was being shopped to west coast teams, should I continue?

One thing, though, is that Reyna knows how crucial these DP spots can be. He knows, I'm sure Vieira knows now, and I guarantee you they've had this same, shitty convo with Frank over the last few weeks. It stinks to have to bring it up to a player who's had a career like Frank has, but the team is greater than the player. Unfortunately, in this league, however, that DP spot can mean making or missing the playoffs -- and I don't think CFG is sitting around.