Man City Discussion

Find it funny after Man City's win over Arsenal 2-1, the first song played over the broadcast system at Etihad Stadium was December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night) by the Four Seasons, a New Jersey song.

What just shows you that each club in the CFG system is different. That song would be never played at our home matches.

Find it funny after Man City's win over Arsenal 2-1, the first song played over the broadcast system at Etihad Stadium was December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night) by the Four Seasons, a New Jersey song.

What just shows you that each club in the CFG system is different. That song would be never played at our home matches.
I heard that after the match and definitely thought about it. I think they played it as sort of saying, "wow, we won a tough match, what a night." Didn't occur to me that it was a New Jersey song though.

I heard that after the match and definitely thought about it. I think they played it as sort of saying, "wow, we won a tough match, what a night." Didn't occur to me that it was a New Jersey song though.
It only occurred to me that if there were a worse victory song than the one they play at YS, big bro sure as hell found it.

Let me get this straight? A short handed City side play against Arsenal. A largely in form Arsenal , save midweek, and almost all the Pundits heavily favor the gooners. Arsenal are up inside 5 minutes and half time the pundits continue to slaughter Pep and City. City then produce a brilliant second half and fight back to take all 3 points, and all anyone has to comment on is what bloody song they played at full time ?

Let me get this straight? A short handed City side play against Arsenal. A largely in form Arsenal , save midweek, and almost all the Pundits heavily favor the gooners. Arsenal are up inside 5 minutes and half time the pundits continue to slaughter Pep and City. City then produce a brilliant second half and fight back to take all 3 points, and all anyone has to comment on is what bloody song they played at full time ?
Well speaking as a City fan I just sort of expected them to win because those Arsenal shirts are just too tight, ya know?

No, wait. What I meant to say is that we were fortunate to get the points but we did deserve them in the end as we basically shut Arsenal down in the second half. I'm also perhaps a little hesitant to talk about Man City much on here (although I do realize this is a Man City thread) because for a long time if you even mentioned them 10 people would jump down your throat for any number of reasons (many of them starting with the letter L, but I'm not going to mention that).

Halfway through the season, in second place, and yup, I expect us to win.

And also, for some reason I've always liked that song even though it's not really my "thing."

Reactions: Schwallacus
I can honestly say that in the UK we have no conception of that song having any sort of geographical connoitations, and there wouldn't have been anyone involved in the decision-making process who would've either.

That said, the song choices in the stadium are getting progressively worse anyway so take nothing for granted.

That said, the song choices in the stadium are getting progressively worse anyway so take nothing for granted.
Since Man City is one of the few teams I almost always watch on TV, I've noticed the same thing over the last 4-5 years.

Looks like Yaya is the lead penalty taker with Aguero not on the field. City win 3-0. 7 points back of Chelsea.

I was kind of surprised it was YAYA but he made it.

It's going to be interesting to see how Nacho and Gabriel split playing time once he's here and Aguero is healthy and not suspended.

Hi mate nothing to do with a victory song,its a having a laugh at man utd song.
The lyrics are
Oh what a night
Watching city on a Tuesday/Wednesday night
You play Thursday cause you ,f****n sh**e
Watching city
What a night

Its having a laugh about united not being in the champions league mate

I can honestly say that in the UK we have no conception of that song having any sort of geographical connoitations, and there wouldn't have been anyone involved in the decision-making process who would've either.

Come on falastur your blue enough to know why "oh what a night got played "
Next your going to say you haven't heard us booing when sterling scores :+)

There you go lion that's why it got played mate * don't click on if bad language offends mate *

Come on falastur your blue enough to know why "oh what a night got played "
Next your going to say you haven't heard us booing when sterling scores :+)

Bleh, sorry. I forgot the words sung to that song. It doesn't help that I haven't been able to get to a game for a couple of seasons now (mainly due to cost but also poor advanced planning), though I intend to get out once or twice this season.

That said, I still think the songs we sing are far less creative than they used to be. You can hardly compare the kinds of things we sing for Aguero, Kompany, Yaya etc with the likes of Hark Now Hear, which is a substantial re-write of a song, and is glorious. Not to mention that the music pumped through the stadium speakers is just awful too.

With Red Bull GmbH's failed 650M (Pound?) bid for West Ham, what Bundesliga club should CFG buy to equate global football dominance?

With Red Bull GmbH's failed 650M (Pound?) bid for West Ham, what Bundesliga club should CFG buy to equate global football dominance?

Not sure, but you're going to have trouble getting past the Bundesliga's 50+1 rule. Only reason Red Bull got by it is because they started further down the pyramid where it doesn't apply, and once they got to the top they hideously manipulated the rules to make it look like their members owned a majority of shares.

I know you were joking, but anything to raise the subject of RB breaking the rules...

Not sure, but you're going to have trouble getting past the Bundesliga's 50+1 rule. Only reason Red Bull got by it is because they started further down the pyramid where it doesn't apply, and once they got to the top they hideously manipulated the rules to make it look like their members owned a majority of shares.

I know you were joking, but anything to raise the subject of RB breaking the rules...

It was a joke. Plus there are no German cities with the name "City" in them.

It was a joke. Plus there are no German cities with the name "City" in them.
That's actually not true. The German translation of City is Stadt. Without looking too long, there's : Albstadt

Last edited: