Mix To Nycfc! [unconfirmed Rumor]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Mix a CM middle guy, sorta like Lampard or is he a attacking-mid sitting at the top of a diamond? He's not a two-way midfielder, is he?

COME ON MIX!
640_2013_07_29_07_12_43.jpg
It looks like he's pulling that guy by the shirt.

So is Mix a CM middle guy, sorta like Lampard or is he a attacking-mid sitting at the top of a diamond? He's not a two-way midfielder, is he?
I'm guessing you see Mix play at the tip of the diamond. He's better going forward than many of the guys on the roster, and doesn't give you quite as much from a defensive positioning standpoint, so he's less attractive as a shuttler.

Definitely not a guy who can play that Beckerman role at this stage in his career. That's still a major need for this club if they opt for the 4-1-2-1-2.

He can do both but he needs more work to be an efficient CM. I'm confident Kreis can mold him into that role if thats what they choose to do.

Reactions: Kjbert
Since goal.com is one of the least reliable sites I know, i'm hesitant to show too much confidence at this stage. Once I hear it from a reliable source, my day will become much brighter!

Goal.com has been revamped in the last couple of years and is now a very good read, and has good contacts. It does get good info over here in the UK

Reactions: Kjbert
That is a still a debatable topic. When he first started playing for the USMNT he played more of an attacking midfielder. However, more recently he has been sitting deeper playing where Jermaine Jones/Kyle Beckerman did. The Rosenberg games I watched he also played deeper but not quite as deep as he has during his last few games for the USMNT.

The thing to avoid when looking at Mix as a player is typecasting him as a "number 10" because he looks like a number 10. He is a slighter player and the first few times I saw him play he needed to improve defensively and he sometimes got pushed off the ball too easily. This is something I think he has really improved upon during the past two years (he was called out by Jurgen for not being aggressive enough and it seems he really worked on this.) He makes up for his lack of physical strength by being more tenacious and intelligent in his defensive play. There are a few examples of other "smaller" midfielders who still break up play and play very well behind the ball. Just look at Ramires at Chelsea. I think he could be played at any point of diamond if needed, or one of the "2" in a 4-2-[...] system. If we have Lampard and Mix my guess is he plays higher up the field. If we have only Mix he will probably play deeper. Though, this is really only conjecture because we haven't signed him yet nor finished filling out our roster.

Reactions: Paul
USMNT camp starts today. If I had to guess he flew to NY today to sign the deal and will fly back out to Cali today and join the the camp tomorrow. I highly doubt he would practice or play without a contract there's too much risk.

Andres Mendoza "signed" (that's a very liberal word with this club) in August so by that timeline they'll announce it at around the All Star Game when he's elected to his first all star team selection.

Reactions: Paul
Depends on the formation.

If you go 4-2-3-1 he could play a box to box role with Lampard underneath Villa. He could also play underneath Villa with Lampard in a box-to-box role.

If you have with the 4-4-2 Diamond, I have no clue how he and Lampard fit together UNLESS you play Lampard out "wide" like NYRB did with Henry, which I guess is feasible. You could go Jacobson in front of the back four, Grabavoy on the left, Lampard on the right, with Mid at the top. That might actually work really well and provide great service to Villa.

Depends on the formation.

If you go 4-2-3-1 he could play a box to box role with Lampard underneath Villa. He could also play underneath Villa with Lampard in a box-to-box role.

If you have with the 4-4-2 Diamond, I have no clue how he and Lampard fit together UNLESS you play Lampard out "wide" like NYRB did with Henry, which I guess is feasible. You could go Jacobson in front of the back four, Grabavoy on the left, Lampard on the right, with Mid at the top. That might actually work really well and provide great service to Villa.
I'm not really sure that Villa is a great option as a lone striker. You need a guy with a large degree of physicality, and to my knowledge, Villa's more of a trequarista than a target forward.

If it's a 4-2-3-1, I'm thinking you see Villa playing LAM.

I do think it's far more likely that you see him as a deep striker in a 4-4-2 diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.