Mix To Nycfc! [unconfirmed Rumor]

Status
Not open for further replies.
iV00qE0.jpg

MLS: shhh! this is super duper top secret stuff, you guys

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
If he's not a DP (or a 4th spot is added this year), this would be a great deal. I know there are ways to buy down a contract depending on how much salary he is demanding. Either way, if this really happens, I know what name I am getting on my jersey.
You mean like my protest against the US not allowing him to just have "MIX" on his kit? Of course, then they went and gave him #10, but I rock this one anyway to show I ain't no plastic.

BolmXK2IIAEvBtr.jpg:large

Reactions: lostblue
How much money will Diskerud command? 500k? I don't see a non-DP contract, if that is in-fact what we are negotiating with him for, being in the millions. But hey, what do I know.

Reactions: Kjbert
if they find a way to get him to not count as a DP, i'll dance.

That would be awesome and frankly I don't think Mix is worth a dp contract to begin with but still think he would fit in great in the mid. Especially if lampard ever decided to come.

I am confused why people are saying that Mix is not worth a DP contract. According to transfermarkt.com, Mix is valued over $1.65 million USD. I remember reading that Mix turned down previous MLS contracts around the $1M range.

If MLS teams want to attract good young players entering their prime they have to spend money. Sometimes you have to take a risk on up-and-coming talent or you are going to be stuck with a roster of DPs on the wrong side of 30. I am glad to hear that it appears that allocation money will be used to pay down the contact amount, but you have to make this move regardless of money or DP slot if you believe Mix is going to be a top player in the MLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.